SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I'm a home owner!
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I'm a home owner! Login/Join 
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted
For financial reasons our home mortgage was under my wife's (now ex-wife) name and I was on the deed only.

After we divorced in July one of the things I had to accomplish was getting the house into my name only and out of hers. I had until the end of 2019 to accomplish this or she could exercise the option to sell the house.

For reasons...it took longer that I had hoped/expected but I officially closed on the loan today and own this home without her now.

My mortgage guy came highly recommended and he earned every penny, some guy sitting in an office at the local bank would likely never have been able to accomplish what this independent did.

Divorce is never fun, but if you can figure out a way to remain 'friendly' throughout the process it sure makes things easier. Especially when it comes to needing things from the ex after the divorce.

Best of success to those of you going through this out there, everyone tells you it gets easier and better....it does. Man does it ever.

I am genuinely "happy" for the first time in many many years; no chance I would have ever chosen to divorce her (I bought in to that who "For better or for worse" thing), but since she left me, I've moved and am living my best life ever.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12351 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Congratulations! A Happy New Year for you indeed Smile

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's awesome.....great to hear that you've severed all ties with the ex and are super happy!

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
God bless my man. On with your life and don't look back. You've only get one shot at this life thing, no sense going through it with the pain of a bad relationship.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Now start paying a little extra principal each month. As much as you can is better.
You will think you'll never pay it off and one day the loan will really start to shrink.
One day you'll have it paid off and that's when really own it and have some financial freedom.

Posts: 9555 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
You'll never truly own the house, you'll always be a renter who pays the government for the privilege of living there (ie - taxes)

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14042 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
You'll never truly own the house, you'll always be a renter who pays the government for the privilege of living there (ie - taxes)

Goddamn, Eeyore... Can't you just say "Congratulations" and let the guy be happy for a little while?

Congratulations, Ronin! Sounds like this is a huge weight off your shoulders.

Posts: 32562 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
quote:

Geezz GTO...go back to bed and get out on the other side! Big Grin

Congratulations Ronin.

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:

LOL

I can take the snark (why you'd snark on my happiness is beyond me, but I digress...) but this is essentially entering politics into a non political thread.

Don't get my thread locked, bro!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12351 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's Good News

Regaining control of a portion of your life is a great way to start the year.

RC

Posts: 1942 | Location: Indiana | Registered: March 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Congrats!

Enjoy your freedom to its fullest!

Woo Hoo!

Posts: 9173 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
So we're all invited to the house burning, I mean house warming party right?
I had to do the same thing, though I wasn't married.

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4622 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on following through with the details. Pay no attention to the dark clouds, you did good.

Posts: 4702 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
Happy for you!

Posts: 4015 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
Congrats.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16413 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SSgt USMC/Vet
posted Hide Post
Congrats and good for you.

Posts: 1958 | Location: Northern Virginia/Buggs Island, Boydton Va. | Registered: July 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Congrats Ronin. I am happy for you. You deserve all you have earned. All the best.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19256 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
Can we not rain on the mans parade?

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27022 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
Congratulations, Ronin!

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1935 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Man, man, man.

You're lucky I don't feel like typing right now.

Posts: 107758 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post