SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    John Bolton on the United Nations
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

John Bolton on the United Nations Login/Join 
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
we don't need the UN as much as it needs us

I think we should remove the UN from the country and request that it be reconstructed in a country that is more aligned with the ideals of most of the member nations

the UN really doesn't serve a useful purpose because if we need country to assist us, we ask them and they assist based on the merit or the persuasion of the argument, not the membership in the UN

so move it to Africa

we're still going to do what we're going to do with or without the UN, regardless of it being in New York or Rwanda.

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53242 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
I prefer to keep my enemies as far away as possible. I don't invite them into my home so I can keep an eye on them.

Somewhere in europe would be fine.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PowerSurge:
The fact of the matter is that the UN COMPLETELY loses its credibility if the US were to withdrawal from the UN. And the UN knows it.

And loses the biggest piece of its money. And afterall, the UN is more about money than it is about serving people. Smile

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Let ‘em be.

Happy to do so. Just as soon as they quit plundering the USA; for funds and move the hell out of this country.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25644 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
The U.N. is the accepted forum for the expression of international hatred.

“It is better to jaw-jaw than war-war.” Winston Churchill

Let ‘em be.

If it was just jaw-jaw, the U.N. budget could be reduced by a factor of 20 – or more.

And just what percentage of the organization's finances do we provide? I seem to recall it was around 30%. And, again as I recall more than 100 of them pay nothing. Even tho they are supposed to do so.

They do jack shit for the USA so why do we keep them here?

How about a new new york state law about unpaid parking tickets?

One that says UN reps who do not pay their parking tickets, after the 3rd one are summarily arrested and deported.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25644 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
According to a news article end of last uear,

quote:
The US government has announced significant cuts in its United Nations budget obligations for 2018-19 in what will be interpreted as a further ratcheting up of pressure from the Trump administration looking to bend decision-making at the international body to its will.

In a statement released over the holiday, the US mission to the United Nations said next year’s budget would be slashed by over $285m and unspecified reductions would also be made to the UN’s management and support functions.

The announcement did not make clear the entire amount of the budget or specify what effect the cut would have on the US contribution.

“We will no longer let the generosity of the American people be taken advantage of,” the US ambassador to the UN, Nikki Haley, said, adding that the “inefficiency and overspending” of the organization was well-known.

Under the UN charter, the US is responsible for 22% of the the body’s annual operating budget, or around $1.2bn in 2017-18, and 28.5% of the cost of peacekeeping operations, estimated at $6.8bn over the same period.

In her statement, Haley said she was pleased with the results of budget negotiations, and the US mission would continue to “look at ways to increase the UN’s efficiency while protecting our interests”.
Link

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post