SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Go Buy something firearm related, or join a Pro-2A group
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Go Buy something firearm related, or join a Pro-2A group Login/Join 
Picture of myrottiety
posted
Okay...

So we have Trump as POTUS and not Hillary. We have the HPA pending. With still a long way to go. Now is not the time to sit back on auto pilot. I keep hearing from everyone that the industry is super slow right now.

Go buy something! If this is a hobby you love. Go join a 2A group. Don't wait around and home the HPA passes if you are on the fence about a suppressor. That could be years down the road, if at all. Support the companies you love now and don't wait till the next election or terror attack to panic buy.

Now is not the time to sit back and do nothing. Now is the time for us as firearm owners to try and push forward and gain ground.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8835 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
On this point, Texans and Non-Texans I encourage you to join the TSRA.

This is a odd year so the Legislature is in session for 180 days IIRC, we are half way through the Legislative calendar.
In Texas it is the TSRA that has kept the Legislators feet to the fire, LTC, Castle Doctrine, 5 year LTC, easy renewal LTC, Stand your ground, Traveling law, Open Carry, Campus Carry, etc.

This session there are still important bills to pass like lowering the LTC fee to Zero/$40, clarifying school events w/ LTC, improving Campus Carry, etc.

Join if you are not a member and please renew this year. Bloomberg's Mad Moms with Common sense are getting stronger not weaker each year in Austin.

Join the TSRA!

HK Ag

Posts: 3492 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
the reason no one is buying is because there was a surge in firearms buying the last 8 years. Everyone maxed out their budgets "Just in case". I would imagine there are people still paying off credit cards from all the buying that was done.

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just bought a P229 Legion in .357 Sig. Does that count? Smile

Sgt. USMC 1970 - 1973

Posts: 411 | Location: Columbiana, Ohio  | Registered: May 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Actually I haven't bought because they haven't had what I want in stock, G40 MOS and a G34 MOS

I have a brand new G34 but its not MOS, so I'm thinking about trading it in on an MOS version vs mailing it off to a machine shop.

Posts: 23224 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jbcummings
posted Hide Post
You caught me at a bad time, financially. I just bought a gun from a member here and spent another 700-800 on reloading and ammo supplies. Since the new gun is not a caliber I reload, yet, I predict I'm not finished yet. Being retired, I have too much time and not enough income.

———-
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Posts: 4306 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
quote:
Go buy something! If this is a hobby you love.

Okay,I just did. Doing my part.

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
Today? Again? I think other than today I've got pretty much every day this week covered.

Didn't buy anything today but I did get s box in the mail with some Dillo dust, a tactical beverage entry tool, some targets, "God Bless our Troops, Especially our Snipers" bumper stickers and oh yeah, a MBT 2s trigger.

Now if the JoeBob Spartan upper would come back in stock.

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Posts: 12930 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bought a low power scope today. Leupy ultralight 2.5x.

Ken

Posts: 1049 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: December 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I went to Cabela's today; they have 22 LR! Got a box of those, and some .357.

Posts: 3201 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just went thru my ammo cabinet cleaning it out and reorganizing it. I found receipts in there for ammo and acc. I am very glad my wife did not find those. I cannot believe it myself how much I have spent in the last 4 or 5 years, YIKES.
I have not slowed up much and do not intend to.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
This is not a hobby.

Posts: 21045 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
myrottiety, you're absolutely right. I have been trying to inhibit myself - I even put a post-it note on my monitor that reads, "DO NOT SPEND," because I'm so enthused by the lower prices I'm seeing. But with your words of encouragement, I just might make a few expenditures.

Wait a minute, you're not a salesman are ya? Big Grin

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10695 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tequila with lime
posted Hide Post
I bought a safe two weeks ago. I hope that counts because I'm tapped out for the next several months.

Thank you President Trump.

Posts: 8366 | Location: KS, USA | Registered: May 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm waiting on a distributor exclusive to come out (4" .22lr GP-100), then I'm going to pull the trigger, so to speak.

It's been a year since I bought a new gun (S&W Victory) and I'm getting the itch again.

Posts: 466 | Location: NW Ohio | Registered: August 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of craigcpa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GaryBF:
quote:
Go buy something! If this is a hobby you love.

Okay,I just did. Doing my part.

Ruger LCR9, today, for me.

==========================================
Just my 2¢

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right ♫♫♫

Posts: 7731 | Location: Raleighwood | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought a 100 rounds of 9mm. Small purchase, but I have done enough window shopping to keep me interested in purchasing quite a bit more.

Posts: 2014 | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post