SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Spotting scope cell phone mount
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Spotting scope cell phone mount Login/Join 
Just because something is legal to do doesn't mean it is the smart thing to do.
posted
Anybody us a their cell phone mounted on a spotting scope? just saw it on a tv show and wondered how well it works.
seemed to work well, 1000yd range shooting.

Integrity is doing the right thing, even when nobody is looking.

Posts: 4137 | Location: Metamora MI | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Triggers don't
pull themselves
Picture of mdblanton
posted Hide Post
I've been happy with this one Gosky Cellphone Scope Adapter

I was able to make a neat video of bullet trace on a 5.56 round. It also works well for a little astronomy:

Michael

Posts: 1102 | Location: Petal, MS | Registered: January 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because something is legal to do doesn't mean it is the smart thing to do.
posted Hide Post
I'm looking for personal opinions of the members on SF based on personal use.

Integrity is doing the right thing, even when nobody is looking.

Posts: 4137 | Location: Metamora MI | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
I also use the Gosky mount for my spotting scope as well. It works great.

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Absolutely Positively-
Retired
Picture of ace73
posted Hide Post
I’m currently trying that mount myself!
Using an IPhone 8S with an Otter Box case...
Having problems with it staying on my Simmons scope. The mount doesn’t seem to snug tight enough to stay on. Right now, I super glued the protective cover to the mount. I’m only using it for Bullseye shooting so I’ll set the scope and then screw the mount on it. I’ll let you know if it works out. Here are a couple of pictures...
I wish it fit on my phone better, but I could take the case off. I also drilled a hole in the center of the protective cap. And the last picture is in case anyone wondered what was the last picture I took that showed up in the lower left of my phone!!

Posts: 1182 | Location: Detroit/Downriver | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post