SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Lamborghini revives the Countach
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lamborghini revives the Countach Login/Join 
Picture of P250UA5
posted
https://www.netcarshow.com/lam...-countach_lpi_800-4/

quote:

Automobili Lamborghini unveiled the Countach LPI 800-4: a futuristic limited edition paying homage to the Countach's iconic status as a revolutionary design and technology rule-breaker and recreated for the 21st century.

Its puristic lines are immediately recognizable from the Countach legacy: the patriarch of modern super sports cars and Lamborghini design. With its aspirated V12 engine combined with Lamborghini's hybrid supercapacitor technology, the Countach LPI 800-4 retains the inimitable V12 experience and sound from its Longitudinale Posteriore (LP) mounted powerplant combined with the hybrid (I) technology developed for the Sián. Delivering 814 cv as maximum combined power (rounded at 800 in the name) from its aspirated powerplant (780 cv) and electric motor (34 cv) to its permanent four-wheel drive transmission, the LPI 800-4 produces peak Lamborghini performance of 0-100 km/h acceleration in just 2.8 seconds, a 0-200 km/h in 8.6 seconds and a top speed of 355 km/h.

"The Countach LPI 800-4 is a visionary car of the moment, just as its forerunner was," says Automobili Lamborghini President and CEO Stephan Winkelmann. "One of the most important automotive icons, the Countach not only embodies the design and engineering tenet of Lamborghini but represents our philosophy of reinventing boundaries, achieving the unexpected and extraordinary and, most importantly, being the 'stuff of dreams'. The Countach LPI 800-4 pays homage to this Lamborghini legacy but it is not retrospective: it imagines how the iconic Countach of the 70s and 80s might have evolved into an elite super sports model of this decade. It upholds the Lamborghini tradition of looking forward, of exploring new design and technology avenues while celebrating the DNA of our brand. It is a Lamborghini that innately expresses the marque's enduring and emotive power: always inspirational and thrilling to see, hear and most of all drive."

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15994 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Based on the Lamborghini Sian, which 'stickers' for $2.6M

Posts: 15994 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cool. But the Corvette still a bargain.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16389 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
All I can say is, they should have had Crocket and Tubbs in the promo shots. Razz That said, a Lambo V12 is a thing to behold. The sound is simple incredible, assuming you're in to that sort of thing.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
Cool. But the Corvette still a bargain.
And the Corvette shouldn't even be a part of the same discussion as any of the Lamborghinis. Lambo's are Supercars, while the Corvette is a bargain basement American hotrod.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
I like it.

Hard to believe that the original is from 1974.

Posts: 9420 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Also, the C8 is a cool 2.5M (est) cheaper than the new Countach.

always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Limited to 112 cars but no price given. I suppose if you have to ask.....

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16529 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
wow, very well executed retro if you ask me.

Its 1985 all over again for me, acid wash jeans, denin mini skirts, big hair, the Cars playing in the background and the ever elusive Countach.

I actually almost got to drive one one time. I was the guy at Rainbow car wash that took the cars and put them on the line in the automated wash. Only they determined after vacuming it out, that its rear tires were too wide to fit on the track so I didnt get to drive it around.

A red Lamborghini Countach, this close!

HK Ag

Posts: 3533 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
Personally, I preferred the styling of the Aventador to that of the Countach, and it doesn't sound like a female body part. But I'll admit that this edition looks pretty sharp, not that I'll ever be able to afford a Lambo, or could reconcile myself to spending that much on a car. Just park it between the Koenigsegg and the Pagani, Alfredo.

Posts: 6777 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:

Yeah, and you can spend $25 for a Lorcine or High Point instead of $800-1200 for a SIG, or $500 for a Glock. . .

As stated, a Corvette isn't anywhere NEAR the same level as this car.

I like it. I've always had a lust for the Lambos. . .

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21923 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
It looks good, and appears to be a worth homage.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53243 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hound Dog:
quote:

Yeah, and you can spend $25 for a Lorcine or High Point instead of $800-1200 for a SIG, or $500 for a Glock. . .

As stated, a Corvette isn't anywhere NEAR the same level as this car.

I like it. I've always had a lust for the Lambos. . .

Meant to quote the Corvette comment above mine.
Yes, the C8 is a bargain, but not even close to a comparison to a limited run Italian Supercar.

probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
quote:
https://www.netcarshow.com/lam...-countach_lpi_800-4/

quote:

Automobili Lamborghini unveiled the Countach LPI 800-4: a futuristic limited edition paying homage to the Countach's iconic status as a revolutionary design and technology rule-breaker and recreated for the 21st century.

Its puristic lines are immediately recognizable from the Countach legacy: the patriarch of modern super sports cars and Lamborghini design. With its aspirated V12 engine combined with Lamborghini's hybrid supercapacitor technology, the Countach LPI 800-4 retains the inimitable V12 experience and sound from its Longitudinale Posteriore (LP) mounted powerplant combined with the hybrid (I) technology developed for the Sián. Delivering 814 cv as maximum combined power (rounded at 800 in the name) from its aspirated powerplant (780 cv) and electric motor (34 cv) to its permanent four-wheel drive transmission, the LPI 800-4 produces peak Lamborghini performance of 0-100 km/h acceleration in just 2.8 seconds, a 0-200 km/h in 8.6 seconds and a top speed of 355 km/h.

"The Countach LPI 800-4 is a visionary car of the moment, just as its forerunner was," says Automobili Lamborghini President and CEO Stephan Winkelmann. "One of the most important automotive icons, the Countach not only embodies the design and engineering tenet of Lamborghini but represents our philosophy of reinventing boundaries, achieving the unexpected and extraordinary and, most importantly, being the 'stuff of dreams'. The Countach LPI 800-4 pays homage to this Lamborghini legacy but it is not retrospective: it imagines how the iconic Countach of the 70s and 80s might have evolved into an elite super sports model of this decade. It upholds the Lamborghini tradition of looking forward, of exploring new design and technology avenues while celebrating the DNA of our brand. It is a Lamborghini that innately expresses the marque's enduring and emotive power: always inspirational and thrilling to see, hear and most of all drive."

There's the pictures a little smaller. If you want to cut and paste the image tags into the original post to make the page load better, that would be great.

Posts: 3468 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Perception
posted Hide Post
I get Diablo vibes there, I just can't see Countache.

"The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."
"Odd," said Arthur, "I thought you said it was a democracy."
"I did," said Ford, "it is."
"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't the people get rid of the lizards?"
"It honestly doesn't occur to them. They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they've voted in more or less approximates the government they want."
"You mean they actually vote for the lizards."
"Oh yes," said Ford with a shrug, "of course."
"But," said Arthur, going for the big one again, "why?"
"Because if they didn't vote for a lizard, then the wrong lizard might get in."

Posts: 3579 | Location: Two blocks from the Center of the Universe | Registered: December 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There's something about this Lambo's lines that just don't ring my bell.... I keep thinking of the car from Back to the Future ( DeLorean)...jmo.

Posts: 1296 | Location: Idaho | Registered: October 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I could find room in my garage for the new one.....or the original!!

Posts: 6714 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The interior is a big improvement, I don't think the old one was meant for a human driver. Back in the late eighties I stood next too a Countach being revved up to the red line. I can still hear it now.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3631 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
How many cup holders does it have?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31419 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigspecops:
The interior is a big improvement, I don't think the old one was meant for a human driver. Back in the late eighties I stood next too a Countach being revved up to the red line. I can still hear it now.

Yeah, but the old ones had an ashtray.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53243 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post