SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Freddie Mercury Gone 30 Years Today
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Freddie Mercury Gone 30 Years Today Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted
It's hard to believe that it's been 30 years since Freddie Mercury passed away one day after announcing to the world that he had HIV/AIDS. I still remember where I was, sitting in a hotel room in Columbia, SC on a final weekend pass before graduating from AIT at Fort Jackson and I picked up the Sunday newspaper and saw the news and recall feeling sad and shocked. The world lost a good one that day for sure. Frown

Queen has always been a favorite band of mine and remains so, here are two of my favorites:

I think Mercury knew he was not long for this world when he wrote and recorded this one; it was clear he was very ill:

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
30 years…………that’s hard to believe. I recently watched a Rick Beato interview with Dr. Brian May. He was an incredible talent.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4216 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
He was an incredible talent in an elite list of incredible talents.

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
I'm feeling pretty old

Posts: 19505 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post

Posts: 4130 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
The man was a musical genius. If you haven't seen Bohemian Rhapsody, you're missing out.

I have one cassette (yes, cassette) I play in my '93 4Runner. Queen's Greatest Hits.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16268 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kkina:

The man was a musical genius. If you haven't seen Bohemian Rhapsody, you're missing out.

I watched that in the theater the night it came out, liked it so much I went back the next day with other friends and watched it again, then watched it at home when it hit Red Box.

Yes, I thought it was very well done; the opening as he steps up onto the stage at Live Aid was cool as hell. They literally recreated every move and every little touch like the lit cigarette and paper cup of Pepsi on the piano.

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We Only Kneel
to Almighty God
posted Hide Post
How time flies.

Saw him at Live Aid in 85..

Posts: 3427 | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
quote:
Originally posted by kkina:

I watched that in the theater the night it came out, liked it so much I went back the next day with other friends and watched it again, then watched it at home when it hit Red Box.

Yes, I thought it was very well done; the opening as he steps up onto the stage at Live Aid was cool as hell. They literally recreated every move and every little touch like the lit cigarette and paper cup of Pepsi on the piano.

There is/was a video on Youtube that plays the real Live Aid Footage, alongside the recreated concert. They are identical, as you said, down to the cigarette.

Queen and Mercury are part of the soundtrack of my life.

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I was in basic listening to Queen - A Night at the Opera and Supertramp Crime of the Century

awesome music then, awesome music now

He was certainly a true talent -

Posts: 53086 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Freddy Mercury was an amazing singer and showman. His legacy will live several lifetimes.

Posts: 507 | Registered: February 14, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of msfzoe
posted Hide Post
Phenomenonal talent who was taken much too soon.

Posts: 2422 | Location: newyorkistan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post