SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Doc says he got a death threat. I say he is a liar.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Doc says he got a death threat. I say he is a liar. Login/Join 
posted
I called bs on this when I only glanced the photo. I have become so skeptical of this type of hype. Look at our VA governer and delegates running off claiming death threats.

https://gunfreezone.net/anti-g...6EvocmmQgrS2JI37wDRI

quote:
JANUARY 27, 2020 BY J. KB
Anti-gun activist Surgeon goes full Smollette/Hogg for victim credit
I have never heard of Joseph Sakran before. Apparently he’s a Trauma Surgeon at Johns Hopkins and an anti-gun activist.

So what, Progressive doctors who pretend to be authorities over all matters because they have an MD next to their name, while really being partisan hacks, are a dime a dozen.

Yes, you know more than I about how to treat a gunshot wound, and you have treated a lot more than me. But just because you deal with a lot of gunshot victims in Baltimore, who are overwhelmingly gang members and prior criminals shooting each other over drugs, doesn’t make you an expert on gun laws or crime prevention policy.

But I digress…

Dr. Sakran decided he wasn’t being paid attention to enough or something and decided to pull a Jussie Smollett, or perhaps a David Hogg.

He Tweeted this:

Then he went into a long thread about how he’s a victim and will not take this lying down, blah, blah, blah… (unrolled for easy reading)

Now for those who don’t know me, let me give you some background:

1. Son of Immigrant Parents
2. Nearly Killed at 17 after being shot in the throat
3. Inspired to become a Trauma Surgeon.
4. Have been working on #GunViolence prevention
(2/x)

5. Proud to partner with so many wonderful groups @bradybuzz @GiffordsCourage @ACSTrauma @ThisIsOurLane @AMarch4OurLives @MomsDemand @Everytown @NewtownAction @sandyhook @Ribbons4Jaime @GunsDownAmerica & others!

6. Currently working on Capitol Hill in Health Policy space.
(3/x)
The patients I’ve cared for and the families/loved ones continue to be my source of inspiration as to why I wake up and work tirelessly on this issue every morning.

My dear friends within movement (too many to mention) continue to guide me in right direction.
(4/x)
I’ve discussed this emotionally charged topic in a way that continues to build on the commonality that unites us as Americans.

Having spoken across the country including cities like Waco, Kansas City. I can tell you that we have more in common than we have that divides us.
(5/x)
Having this death threat on my car is so disturbing for many reasons but most importantly because my family and loved ones have been through so much during my near fatal injury that it’s hard to imagine putting them through anything else.
(6/x)
Recently we celebrated the life of #MLK. As I re-listened to some of his speeches. The one that specifically stood out was:

“I’ve seen the Promised Land. I may not get there with you. But I want you to know tonight, that we, as a people, will get to the promised land!”
(7/x)
We have the opportunity and the responsibility to make communities safer for Americans.

For the person who thought they could Silence me by threatening my life, you clearly know nothing about me…..Thank You for showing me that our movement is making a difference.
(8/8)

What utter horseshit.

Welcome to 2020, where being the son of immigrants makes you a victim because Trump, or some shit. Spare me.

What is important to note is one tiny detail in one of the pictures he posted:

quote:
See it? The reflection in the windshield to the left of the picture. That’s the attic access door from a residential garage.

Did he drive all the way home with this under his windshield wiper?

Did the nutjobs threatening him sneak into his garage and put it there?

Or did he print it out at home and put it under his windshield?

Occam’s Razor and the Principle of Parsimony suggest number three.

I guess he needed some victim credit that he wasn’t getting from being a rich doctor at one of the most prestigious hospitals in the world.

You’d think a guy that smart would come up with a better hoax.

It doesn’t really matter. Anybody who wants to believe gun rights activists are threatening doctors with death won’t question this. Anybody who does is will be written off as a bigot and an unhinged ammosexual who needs to have his guns taken away.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
LOL

Of course it's fake. Were it real, there would be no mention of his "debating on whether to share this".

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12403 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
LOL

Of course it's fake. Were it real, there would be no mention of his "debating on whether to share this".

In the comments of the article is a link to a baltimore sun article. That the story is evolving.

If your story is evolving. You suck at lying as telling people a bunch more made up shit isn't going to convince them.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He filed a police report, right? Just so we can watch him go all Jussie Smollett (or however you spell it.)

Posts: 799 | Registered: January 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
Reckon the police have the printout as evidence, right? Isn't there some sort of goofy coding that color printers do, it's like a fingerprint for that machine. I don't know anything about it, but I've heard about it, maybe they can figure out where it was printed from by that...

Also, color printing, who has got money, and cyan, for that shit?

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 17084 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
Yeah, this is BS.

It's just too 'packaged' to be credible, IMO. Like somebody's going to put the work into this print-out, yet be vague enough about the nature of the 'threat?'

He's another leftist hack trying to propel himself into the limelight. Leftists love victims, so the best possible way to get into the liberal fast lane is to be 'victimized.'

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21921 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mesabi:
He filed a police report, right? Just so we can watch him go all Jussie Smollett (or however you spell it.)

He deleted the thread, claimed the police told him to delete it when he reported it, yet the police with jurisdiction in his area say no report was ever filed.

Posts: 3678 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Dude is full of dung. Printed it himself.

quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
I'd fly to Turks and Caicos with live ammo falling out of my pockets before getting within spitting distance of NJ with a firearm.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4322 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
As with racism hoaxes, when demand outstrips the supply, you've got to create your own.

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4358 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Look at the hand holding the image of the hand holding the gun.

Same. Damned. Hand.
Only, it's his other hand.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44458 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He planted a note with his own death threat....that’s a SUICIDE note. He should be placed on a 24 hour watch.

Posts: 193 | Registered: May 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
False flag is so obvious. Asshole.

Q

Posts: 27512 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Guys - Come on - you are missing the MOST obvious point in this picture.....You have to pay attention to the details.....This is not even a picture of a real pistol...It is a BLUE training pistol...Completely non-functional...Just like Doc...That is the message within the photo that I am seeing.... Big Grin

Posts: 3332 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
Posts it on twitter but doesn’t file a police report, yet police tell him to remove his tweet? He should change his name to Jussie.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 4012 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He works at Hopkins in Baltimore? There are so many cameras down there it's ridiculous. Security guards everywhere. There is zero chance this happened.

Posts: 2690 | Location: Baltimore | Registered: October 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Color doesn't matter. It's a PICTURE of a gun. Sooooo scary!

Posts: 17253 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Thank god it wasn’t a POP TART of a gun!! Eek Oh the humanity!!!........ Roll Eyes Yes...this doctor is “plena stercore”.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
Look at the hand holding the image of the hand holding the gun.

Same. Damned. Hand.
Only, it's his other hand.

Better yet, look at the reflection in the windshield. Looks like that's an attic entrance which I bet matches one in his actual garage. So his story is someone broke into his house, into the garage, planted a note there and stealthed back out through some tiny crack in the wall.

Seems credible.

He's too stupid to be an actual doctor. Someone should check that too.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12670 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
You really need to read the article in the Baltimore Sun to get a full grasp of how much BS this is.

https://www.baltimoresun.com/n...b3ppgrlja-story.html

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15846 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
^^^^^
Thanks, but my IQ is already low enough... Razz

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post