SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    'Racist' gun range billboards in South Jersey should come down
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

'Racist' gun range billboards in South Jersey should come down Login/Join 
Picture of downtownv
posted
'Racist' gun range billboards in South Jersey should come down, activists say. The range's owner disagrees.
Updated: NOVEMBER 14, 2017 — 4:24 PM EST
Take a knee zoomed
Camera icon MONEKE RAGSDALE'S TWITTER
The South Jersey Shooting Club’s sign along Route 73 in Voorhees.

by Michael Boren, Staff Writer @borenmc | mboren@phillynews.com
A gun range in Camden County is resisting calls to take down two billboards that activists say aggravate racial tensions and mock NFL players who take a knee during the national anthem.

“It has absolutely nothing to do with race,” said Wesley Aducat, owner of the South Jersey Shooting Club in Winslow Township, which put up one of the billboards several weeks ago near Route 73 in Voorhees Township. The second appears on a digital sign near Routes 73 and 130 in Pennsauken. “It’s just support for our veterans.”

The signs say: “The only time we take a knee…” and show the silhouette of a person shooting a rifle, with the website of the club at the bottom.

Aducat said he supports the right to protest but doesn’t agree with kneeling during the anthem, particularly since many of the club’s members are veterans. He said he has no plans to remove the billboards.

That has upset the NAACP’s Camden County East chapter. It says the signs twist the message of kneeling, which is meant to bring attention to systemic racism and police brutality against people of color.

Picture can be seen here:
http://www.philly.com/philly/n...ernick-20171114.html

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8400 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
You can call this number 609-704-9500 to support them, as the Liberal Philadelphia Inquirer posted it for people to object!

I know they will gat a lot of support from this forum!

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8400 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
For your viewing pleasure...

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17471 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
quote:
“It has absolutely nothing to do with race,” said Wesley Aducat, owner of the South Jersey Shooting Club in Winslow Township...

Why do people respond seriously to an obviously ignorant question? Start playing the lefts game.

"That billboard is racist!"

"No, YOU are racist for saying that! I feel scared for my life now!".

Show the world how absolutely absurd these pople are.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ubique
Picture of TSE
posted Hide Post
I thought the proponents of “taking a knee” in protest were all about free speech and the first amendment?

Calgary Shooting Centre

Posts: 1496 | Location: Alberta | Registered: July 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TSE:
I thought the proponents of “taking a knee” in protest were all about free speech and the first amendment?
What, you think that works in both directions? Nope. Some people think that free speech is only for them, not for people with a different viewpoint.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30737 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of John Steed
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
What, you think that works in both directions? Nope. Some people think that free speech is only for them, not for people with a different viewpoint.
Right! And they democrats.

... stirred anti-clockwise.

Posts: 2103 | Location: Michigan | Registered: May 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Yeah, for the libtards, Free Speech only applies when they agree with what is being said/expressed. Anything that they find 'offensive' or that they don't agree with is 'hate speech' or 'racist.'

Idiots.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21853 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Yeah but silhouettes are dark so......

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29734 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
But...the shooter on the billboard is black! Smile

I think the NAACP is being short-sighted here. (OTOH, why shouldn't they go for a perfect record?) How much more mileage and publicity would they reap by publicly commending the SJSC for advocating armed resistance to authority? Their us-vs-them mentality blinds them to any viewpoints other than a knee-jerk reaction.

Posts: 6511 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
That sign is great.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30433 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Yet another illustration of the Left’s view of the First Amendment.

Posts: 13303 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Just another example from the SJW left as to why the word "racist" no longer has any meaning whatsoever. What a bunch of tards..... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
I think you both are giving these nitwit players far more credit for having enough brain function to actually know what they're kneeling for. These people border on utterly illiterate and I don't think they have any unified message or reasoning on this at all. They're just mindlessly following someone else's lead because...

As to the subject of the op, this complaint is beyond stupid and outs these morons for the race baiting filth they are. I used to think they should simply be ignored. Now I think they should be aggressively and viciously attacked when they start this BS. The message that should reign should be, no more of this crap will be tolerated.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Um, how about "go to hell, it stays up"

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38006 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
Yet another illustration of the Left’s view of the First Amendment.

And yet they're all for flag burning, tearing down historical statues, pulling down a ~50 year old cross memorializing American Patriots and allowing male sexual perverts in girls bathrooms (and the list goes on).

Progressivism is a Mental Disorder.

Posts: 3496 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Everything is racist

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10731 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
Everything is racist

You're right....and since everything is racist, nothing is.

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3775 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I think it is telling that the NAACP is still the "National Association for the Advancement of Colored People"! The rest of us are castigated if we use that description for them.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hoping for better pharmaceuticals
Picture of AZSigs
posted Hide Post
They didn't answer the phone when I called the other day so I sent them a supportive email.

Getting shot is no achievement. Hitting your enemy is. NRA Endowment Member . NRA instructor

Posts: 8753 | Location: Peoria, Arizona | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post