SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    1960's TC-497 overland train.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

1960's TC-497 overland train. Login/Join 
Picture of powermad
posted
I've never heard of these, I wonder what other nifty stuff they've come up with.
Electric motors on all six independent suspension wheels.
Turbine powered, pretty cool.
Solar 10MC turbine

Posts: 1483 | Location: Portland Oregon | Registered: October 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
Put it in low, go take a dump, the ultimate convenience.

But....I didn't see any cup holders!

Posts: 6520 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
R. G. LeTourneau was a very prolific designer and manufacturer of specialty machinery as well as production heavy equipment. His facilities in Longview TX ( now owned and operated by Komatsu, a separate steel mini mill is now operated by Nucor) were unique during his life and times. He was a early builder of offshore oil rigs. He founded LeTourneau University, also in Longview.

Bill Gullette

Posts: 1529 | Location: Behind the Pine Curtain  | Registered: March 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of powermad
posted Hide Post
Same guy did a good presentation on R. G. LeTourneau.
A forward thinking guy for sure.

Posts: 1483 | Location: Portland Oregon | Registered: October 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post