SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    My friends... I would once again avoid St Louis for a while.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My friends... I would once again avoid St Louis for a while. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Apparently, they've moved from the city to the county. Crowds are protesting at West County Mall now. Yeah, that's going to get more people to believe in and fight for your cause.

My question in all this, as was also in the Michael Brown issue... When will the African American and/or the inner city community hold their own accountable? When will they hold the drug dealers in their own communities accountable? When will they hold the baby mama's accountable?

Posts: 2157 | Location: St. Louis | Registered: January 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
^^^^
Never

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
^^^^
Never

Oh, believe me, I have no doubt about that.....

Posts: 2157 | Location: St. Louis | Registered: January 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
All these protests have done is made me no longer care about inner cities and the people who live there.

THIS!!

No quarter
.308/.223

Posts: 2084 | Location: Central Florida.  | Registered: March 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
All these protests have done is made me no longer care about inner cities and the people who live there.

They protest the "injustice" to which they say they are subjected to, but I don't see the "community organizers" doing anything for the betterment of anyone but their own selves and their wallets.

During the riots in the mid-1960s, the political powers-that-be faced a similar situation and folks wondered why they just didn't cordon it off and let them burn it down. The PTBs said they weren't ready for that to happen; today, I'm not so sure that would not be the answer.

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2699 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
When will the African American and/or the inner city community hold their own accountable? When will they hold the drug dealers in their own communities accountable? When will they hold the baby mama's accountable?

The "great society" welfare addiction is the biggest scourge to ever hit mankind. As I said previously: Money that is not earned does not have the same value to people. People who are dependent become angry and restless.

There is a mindset among a certain percentage of the population, not all of them black, that they are "entitled" to anything they want without working or earning anything. If .gov doesn't give them enough, they steal.

It's like a cancer. It has metastasized in our inner cities. It's slowly destroying this country.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:
When will the African American and/or the inner city community hold their own accountable? When will they hold the drug dealers in their own communities accountable? When will they hold the baby mama's accountable?

The "great society" welfare addiction is the biggest scourge to ever hit mankind.
There is a mindset among a certain percentage of the population, not all of them black, that they are "entitled" to anything they want without working or earning anything. If .gov doesn't give them enough, they steal.

It's like a cancer. It has metastasized in our inner cities. It's slowly destroying this country.

I believe it is exponentially destroying the country.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29702 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KevinCW:
They vandalized the mayers house... so tear gas being deployed

Which is really ironic, since she strongly criticized the judge's verdict.

See how well appeasement worked for you, lady?

Posts: 4501 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FiveFiveSixFan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by snoris:
quote:
Originally posted by KevinCW:
They vandalized the mayers house... so tear gas being deployed

Which is really ironic, since she strongly criticized the judge's verdict.

See how well appeasement worked for you, lady?

The mayor is incredibly clueless. She was just on the TV news live and was asked about the incident at her house last night. She said it was "irritating" to have had her windows broken out and paint thrown into her house but it "wasn't about that." Exactly what is it about?

Posts: 7314 | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who else?
Picture of Jager
posted Hide Post
Make an announcement.

"You have 1 hour to disperse and return to your homes or all EBT cards in the city will be turned off for 90 days beginning 1 October."

They'll police their own real quick.

Posts: 2568 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: October 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E Plebmnista; Norcom, Forcom, Perfectumum.
Picture of OneWheelDrive
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ArLEOret:
Stickman428, my sentiments exactally! These people go 'nuts' when the evidence is against them and they go after the big bucks. Noticed that Browns father was there after he and mom split a big payoff. Neither of them raised Brown, his grandmother did but they grabbed the loot.

Stockley's family settled for $ 900,000 two years ago.

================================================
Ultron: "You're unbearably naive."
Vision: "Well, I was born yesterday."

Posts: 4788 | Location: St. Louis, Mo | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
I read the wiki page on the mayor, Lyda Krewson: "in 2003, Krewson took out a home equity loan to help an unsuccessful fight against Missouri's concealed carry law. In 2011, she led the city's successful effort to pass a smoking ban"

"In 1995 Krewson's husband, Jeff Krewson, was murdered in an attempted carjacking in front of their house"

A quick search has james wade as the murderer. Convicted and sentenced to several life sentences. He and a couple of other convicts escaped and were recaptured.

Posts: 7458 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OneWheelDrive:
quote:
Originally posted by ArLEOret:
Stickman428, my sentiments exactally! These people go 'nuts' when the evidence is against them and they go after the big bucks. Noticed that Browns father was there after he and mom split a big payoff. Neither of them raised Brown, his grandmother did but they grabbed the loot.

Stockley's family settled for $ 900,000 two years ago.

Smith's family?

posted Hide Post
Live stream of protests

Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Erick85:
Apparently, they've moved from the city to the county.....

Only a matter of time before they receive a response they never imagined. While the cities are too PC to do much - locals will not take it well when these morons threaten local homes and families.

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4579 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is it just me, or does it seem like the police are not taking any shit from the rioters? During the Ferguson protests, er...RIOTS it looked like they were directed to hold back, but I'm not seeing that now.

Posts: 15908 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmund:
Is it just me, or does it seem like the police are not taking any shit from the rioters? During the Ferguson protests, er...RIOTS it looked like they were directed to hold back, but I'm not seeing that now.

I'll let KevinCW weigh in when he sees your post, but I can tell you one thing that is very different. We have a new governor, and he has taken a much firmer stand against protest turning to violence. Gov. Greitens is a breath of fresh air after Nixon. I'm lovin' it.

Posts: 2693 | Registered: November 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmund:

The live stream I was watching last night was a great example of what you noted. The police took a very vocal, unruly and rather large crowd and moved them a considerable distance from the loop in University City eastward back into the city of St. Louis along Delmar. It was done in small, controlled steps that were obviously well thought out and planned. With each pause after a block or so, the crowd slowly began to dissipate until finally only 'media' and 'journalists' remained along with a handful of protesters who appeared confused and out of steam.

They also did a great job of preventing large crowds from getting onto the interstates and wreaking havoc on Friday night. That success led to multiple crowds of significant size roaming through the streets in several different locations but they did a really good job in remaining fluid and responding to augment personnel in areas where the need arose.

It's encouraging to see the cooperation and coordination between various agencies. It's especially gratifying to see such positive results despite the public statements of the newly-elected mayor and newly-elected circuit attorney who sound like they'd rather be out marching with the protesters.

posted Hide Post
Let's see... ten officers injured, one with a broken jaw.

Video of yutes stomping on a police car, breaking the windshield... and no yutes shot!

Great restraint by police.

Put the useless waste of oxygen in jail indefinitely!

No quarter
.308/.223

Posts: 2084 | Location: Central Florida.  | Registered: March 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jager:
Make an announcement.

"You have 1 hour to disperse and return to your homes or all EBT cards in the city will be turned off for 90 days beginning 1 October."

They'll police their own real quick.

^^^Absolutely correct. This should be done.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11108 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post