SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    My friends... I would once again avoid St Louis for a while.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My friends... I would once again avoid St Louis for a while. Login/Join 
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
Making arrest now. Police car damaged already by peaceful protestors.

Posts: 6661 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
Kev, Thanks for posting this and your opinion on the matter. Best wishes to you and everyone out on the line.

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Fine
Picture of SBrooks
posted Hide Post
The judge layed it out very well and made it clear that the state failed to prove their case on a variety of points.

Said the video showed him empty handed after going through the duffel bag.

Lab techs stated that they could not say under oath that the cops blood was on the pistol under the screw AND that lack of dna did not prove the victim hadn't held/touched the gun...

said - as a judge for 30 years, a heroin dealer without a pistol would be the anomaly. Likely not a planted pistol...

A bad shoot - not sure.
murder - probably not.
fire the cop - he is already gone; and they had already paid the victim's family a shitload of money.

------------------
SBrooks

Posts: 3791 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
A bad shoot - not sure.
murder - probably not.

Ya, that's the bottom line. It's a troubling case, for sure. But, given the presentation of evidence, the judge did what he had to do.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
Be safe Kev, our family will (re) add you to our prayers.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6390 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JR78
posted Hide Post
I was just watching a live feed via Fox. Maybe Missouri ought to throw a extra couple hundred dollars on their SNAP cards with the understanding they won't riot.

Posts: 1964 | Location: DFW | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JR78:
I was just watching a live feed via Fox. Maybe Missouri ought to throw a extra couple hundred dollars on their SNAP cards with the understanding they won't riot...

You would think so, but it doesn't work that way.
The SNAP cards are the problem to begin with. Money that is not earned does not have the same value to people. People who are dependent become angry and restless.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
quote:
People who are dependent become angry and restless.

True and when they want more and .gov won't give them more, they create problems.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20321 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Take away their entitlement and they become VERY angry and restless.

Democrats told them they deserve their entitlements.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
I predict an epic shitstorm. So Kev...

1. PROTECT YOURSELF!
a. Plates front and back.
b. Helmet.
c. Gas mask.
d. IFAK x 2.
e. Gloves.
f. Safety glasses.
g. Extra magazines for all duty firearms.
h. Clean water to drink or rinse with.

You get the idea.

There is NOTHING worth risking life or limb for, save for yourself.

Stay safe, and good luck.

ABOVE ALL PROTECT YOURSELF!

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31443 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Kevin - I remember back during the Ferguson shitstorm that you and your guys started running low on certain supplies.

If this turns into another dumpster fire and you end up in the same situation, please don't hesitate to let us know what you need.

Stay safe, brother.

Posts: 32509 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
The findings and verdict document is here:

https://bloximages.newyork1.vi...9bbe0a450230.pdf.pdf

30 pages, but a fast read. The judge made a very reasonable call . The prosecutors appear several times to spin the "facts" in a biased and incorrect manner.

The news stories are very biased against the officer and quite a bit different than the evidence.

The judge does keep referring to the police "revolvers", but that is a small point in the overall context

Posts: 19575 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
Keep it simple:

1. Tell the crowd to disperse
2. If not, unleash hell.

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4578 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sgalczyn:
Keep it simple:

1. Tell the crowd to disperse
2. If not, unleash hell.

Wouldn't that be awesome!

Stay safe Kevin.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12417 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
I was just watching a live feed via Fox. Maybe Missouri ought to throw a extra couple hundred dollars on their SNAP cards with the understanding they won't riot.

Dude, wow. Your avatar is huuuuge. Can't you do something about that please?

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
I was just watching...

Dude, wow. Your avatar is huuuuge. Can't you do something about that please?

No kidding. Cute dog, but your avatar is 2988 x 5312!

The forum guidelines are for it to be no larger than 60 x 60. It's literally 88x larger than it's supposed to be. Eek

Try resizing it, then hosting the smaller version on Imgur, rather than just linking to the full-sized version, as seen here:
http://i.imgur.com/jKL60cq.jpg

Posts: 32509 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
Kevin - I remember back during the Ferguson shitstorm that you and your guys started running low on certain supplies.

If this turns into another dumpster fire and you end up in the same situation, please don't hesitate to let us know what you need.

Stay safe, brother.

Absolutely! Send me an email and I'll happily overnight whatever you guys need.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
Stay safe, Kevin. My family will be praying for you and everyone else out there with you.

Posts: 6273 | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knowing is Half the Battle
Picture of Scuba Steve Sig
posted Hide Post
Stay safe Kevin. When they started talking about all the preparations yesterday, "possibly" announcing the verdict on a Friday, I assumed an acquittal and people other than the Judge knew that ahead of time. The fact that all three courthouses were closed added to that. I also think the timing of the acquittal is not a coincidence that the Cardinals do not have any home games this weekend (they are safe in Chiraq), and other than the Balloon Race in Forest Park, there generally was nothing going on in STL. It makes me glad to see that police were successful in their patrol car and bicycle barricade to keep the protesters off Hwy. 40. At least there aren't any athletic shoe or electronics stores to loot downtown anymore.

Posts: 2516 | Location: Iowa by way of Missouri | Registered: July 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
I am wondering if St Louis is experiencing a "Marilyn Mosby" type scenario

Reading the Judge's Findings and Verdict document, it indicates the prosecutors went out of their way to paint Stockley as guilty.

The St Louis Circuit Attorney Kim Gardner believes her team has proven beyond a reasonable doubt that former police officer Jason Stockley is guilty of first-degree murder

It is hard to read the findings and see how anything other than not guilty could have been decided (if you disagree w that, please read the findings)

So I looked up Kim Gardners's background. She just took office this past January. Democrat as is the mayor.

and there was this article from July 2017:

http://www.stltoday.com/lifest...4e-457f45590bdd.html

The outbound turnstile keeps clicking at the office of St. Louis Circuit Attorney Kim Gardner, where three more lawyers this week gave their notices.

Gardner has lost about two dozen prosecutors — more than one-third of her trial lawyers — since she started her four-year term in January.

Add to that the departure next month of chief warrant officer Ed Postawko, who has worked in the office since 1989.

P-D courts reporter Joel Currier also uncovered that Gardner recently renewed a consulting contract with Maurice Foxworth, a St. Louis University classmate whose law license has been suspended since 2015 for not having paid income taxes and interest exceeding $6,000.

Foxworth helped manage Gardner's political campaign and was hired in January for six months, at a price of $25,000. He picked up a new six-month pact for the same amount.

Gardner has been criticized by current and former staffers for relying on the guidance of a lawyer whose license is suspended, and some claim Foxworth is influencing her personnel decisions and also weighing in on plea and sentencing negotiations. Both Gardner and Foxworth reject those claims.

Posts: 19575 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post