SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Cake karma in honor of member 12131**WINNER-83v45magna**
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cake karma in honor of member 12131**WINNER-83v45magna** Login/Join 
Smarter than the
average bear
posted
Member 12131 (Dr. Vu, I believe, but we haven't been formally introduced) has been so very generous, that when I saw the cake that he was given by his coworkers I was inspired to honor his generosity.

So, in honor of 12131's birthday, and his generosity, I am giving away a chocolate doberge cake from Gambinos Bakery of New Orleans:

https://gambinos.com/shop/doberge-cakes/doberge-cake

Gambinos is a great New Orleans bakery, and this is a long time family favorite. The cakes ship fine, as they are freshly baked, frozen, and shipped to arrive fresh within two days. This cake should be refrigerated upon arrival. I typically eat it cold, but you can leave it, or a slice, out to warm up if you wish. Just don't leave the whole cake out to spoil prematurely.

Rules:

1) State that you like cake,
2) Wish 12131 Happy Birthday and/or thank him for his generous Karmas; and
3) Live in the contiguous U.S.(sorry but shipping costs can be prohibitive elsewhere)

I'll let this go a few days or until interest peters out.

Happy birthday Dr. Vu!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: honestlou,

Posts: 3532 | Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana | Registered: June 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Center mass,
Armpit level...

Picture of greekfed
posted Hide Post
Lucky number one?

I love cake and have thanked Dr. Vu in his karma thread!

Sweet Karma! Thanks!

Posts: 3154 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: August 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
In please! I like cake! My boss & our HR manager are both originally from LA, Lafayette & NO respectively & have heard them talking about these cakes.
Our HR manager gets a couple king cakes a year from Radanzzo's & brings them in to the office.

Birthday & karma wishes to 12131 in their respective threads.

TX is nice & close.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15981 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
Oh heck yeah!

I like cake so much I didn't read below the picture the first time I posted. Happy Birthday Dr. Vu! God bless Texas!

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like cake - German Chocolate is my favorite.
Happy Birthday 12131.
I live in the US (Wyoming!!)

PC

Posts: 1369 | Location: NW Wyoming | Registered: November 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kadin
posted Hide Post
Oh hell yeah. Please count me in!!!

I love cake, and anything with chocolate can't be beat.

Happy b-day 12131!!!!

Posts: 1848 | Location: Carrollton, TX | Registered: June 05, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
Love me some cake!
Thank you 12131 for your generous karmas, and Happy Birthday
From the great state of TEXAS!

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
Man, I miss those from my years in New Orleans. Please include me.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not easy being me
posted Hide Post
Of course I like cake!! I mean, who doesn't like cake??

Happy Birthday Dr. Vu!! (12131). And thank you for your most recent karma of offering a "prize" for people escaping less than friendly states!!!

Oh, and while we're talking about cake, why yes, yes I do live in the contiguous United States! The beautiful state of Tennessee to be exact!!

Posts: 2769 | Location: Middle TN | Registered: March 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
Half of you are gonna lose cause you didnt read the rules!

Please count me out but happy birthday 12131!

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8239 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I'm fat. Fat kids like cake. Ergo, I like cake.

Thanks for the Karma, and Happy Birthday to 12131! Please add me to the list.

Posts: 33038 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vote the
BASTIDS OUT!
Picture of yanici
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday 12131. That's a great cake. I can almost taste it. I don't just like cake, I love it. Thanks, and I hope Dr. Vu had a great day.

John

"Building a wall will violate the rights of millions of illegals." [Nancy Pelosi]

Posts: 2433 | Location: N.E. Massachusetts | Registered: June 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
I love me some cake, please add me to this karma.

Although his recent karmas have gone waaaaay beyond generous, 12131's willingness to take the time to share his knowledge, opinions, and advice via PMs is truely appreciated.

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3900 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Happy Birth-day 12131 and many more. I believe that Cake with chocolate is wonderful and very good for the soul. Washington is my home. Thank you for the great karma, Gary. Smile

Posts: 493 | Location: wa | Registered: October 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
I am definitely a big fan of cake.

I am continually amazed at how 12131 one-ups himself with each new karma. Sir, you are a generous individual!

I am going to enter, as always, on behalf of the volunteers at PAWS Assistance Dogs. They do an amazing job and are so dedicated to the dogs and to our veterans. If I win, I will be presenting the cake to them in honor of Honestlou and 12131.

Posts: 6082 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Honestlou is great, feeds us chocolate cake! (Old BC reference). 12131 / Dr Vu has been very generous this last year and is amazing to see. Count me in on this - haven't had one since 93'.

Posts: 1771 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: August 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
I like cake.

Happy birthday, 12131 or, known in my book as CSI Sigforum (I've always been impressed with his knowledge of handguns as demonstrated time and again).

Thanks for the chance.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 20023 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rawny
posted Hide Post
Chocolate cake... What's not to like?
Happy B-day 12131, and thank you for your generous karma. I live in CA, and I yearn to escape.

Posts: 2704 | Location: San Hozay, KA | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Oh man, do I like cake! And chocolate tops the list.

Birthday wishes extended to Dr Vu (12131)! His generosity is unbelieveable.

And yes I'm a contiguous resident. Smile

Great karma here too! One guaranteed to spike my cholesterol, sugar, and BP. Ya only live once! Wheeeeeeeeeee! LOL

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16517 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Paddle your
own canoe
Picture of BigWhup
posted Hide Post
I like cake!!!

Happy birthday 12131, and thank you for your generous karmas!!!!

Posts: 1569 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: August 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post