SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Non Fungible Token (NFT) art sold for $1.4m
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Non Fungible Token (NFT) art sold for $1.4m Login/Join 
posted
"The digital artist known only as Pak has reportedly sold a single pixel as a part of a collection of non-fungible tokens (NFT) for a total of $1.4 million; the entire collection sold for $17 million."

https://www.breitbart.com/tech...or-over-1-4-million/

This was a single grey pixel. The world has lost its mind.

Posts: 1995 | Location: DFW Texas | Registered: March 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bald Headed Squirrel Hunter
Picture of Angus the Kid
posted Hide Post
Add this trend to the things that I do not understand.

"Meet the new boss, same as the old boss"

Posts: 6143 | Location: In the tent, in Houston, in Texas | Registered: October 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Assholes. Eat the rich

Posts: 107734 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
You can't fix stupid.

~Ron White

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
$1.4 million? That's chump change:

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/0...hristies-beeple.html

And I don't get it either.

Posts: 2491 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be prepared for loud noise and recoil
Picture of sigalert
posted Hide Post
I should start growing tulips

“Crisis is the rallying cry of the tyrant.” – James Madison

"Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others." - Robert Louis Stevenson

Posts: 3620 | Location: Middle Tennessee  | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
A new form of money laundering?

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10714 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigwagon:
$1.4 million? That's chump change:

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/0...hristies-beeple.html

And I don't get it either.

Yeah there was a post on here about that collage sale. But that was a huge colorful collage of images for 69 million. This was a SINGLE GREY PIXEL for 1.4 million.

Posts: 1995 | Location: DFW Texas | Registered: March 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just don't get it either. Especially considering anyone with no talent needed can make an exact replica.

Posts: 3932 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
Caligula was said to have dissolved expensive pearls in vinegar and drank the solution.

The fabulously wealthy, those so removed from actual basic needs, or the toil of earning enough to acquire basic needs, can fritter away money in ways the less financially fortunate can never understand.

Posts: 3162 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
These are the same people that buy 'Carbon Credits'... Roll Eyes

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8955 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cyanide357
posted Hide Post
Just the continuation of using the buying/selling of art as a money laundering conduit?

Posts: 251 | Registered: November 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can appreciate art but this is stupidness, in my opinion. Well that and anyone paying millions of dollars for some paint/canvas no matter the era or rarity. I remember Dennis Leary saying something about art in a movie, that it only matters to the rich and I agree.

Posts: 6904 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over?

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1683 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
quote:
The Wall Street Journal reports that a single pixel was sold as part of an NFT art collection by the digital artist Pak, known only as @MuratPak on Twitter, for around $1.4 million worth of Ethereum cryptocurrency.
Bullshit art bought with bullshit currency.

Posts: 9058 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Bullshit art bought with bullshit currency.

Seems like an equitable deal to me. Buying nothing with nothing...but unfortunately getting a lot of undeserved publicity as a result.

-MG

Posts: 2014 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post