SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Meet Sam… my 4 year old Bloodhound
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Meet Sam… my 4 year old Bloodhound Login/Join 
Picture of airborne19822003
posted
Sam and I recently completed the certification with the Tennessee Department of Corrections Special Operations division as a mantraining team.

We went out training this weekend… here is a clip of the find after a 1.1 mile track that followed 3 dogs and 4 people with his target splitting off at the 3/4 mile mark. We also passed 17 hikers which he didn’t alert to at all.

https://youtu.be/F6vpGIlMnG0

Daniel
Cleveland, TN

Posts: 793 | Location: Cleveland, TN | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Nice! Is that one at Tullahoma or elsewhere? All I could think was Sam was taking you right by all the not nice snakes.

Posts: 17889 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of msfzoe
posted Hide Post
What a smart boy.

Posts: 2422 | Location: newyorkistan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of airborne19822003
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oz_Shadow:
Nice! Is that one at Tullahoma or elsewhere? All I could think was Sam was taking you right by all the not nice snakes.

We certified near Crossville at the Bledsoe County Correctional Complex. This particular track was in the Cherokee National Forest on Chilhowee Mountain.

And I always carry a .357 magnum when I’m in the mountains with a shot shell first up followed by 4 heavy Buffalo Bore hard cast lead for hogs or bears.

Daniel
Cleveland, TN

Posts: 793 | Location: Cleveland, TN | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is nothing but cool. It represents a bunch of hard work. Thanks for posting.

Make it count

Posts: 1413 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: November 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Bloodhounds are great, what a cool and useful skill and beautiful animals to boot.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of katndog
posted Hide Post
Love him

Posts: 2629 | Location: CT | Registered: October 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
too late smart
posted Hide Post
Working dogs are fun to watch and you have one that can help Mr. Buffett find his lost shaker of salt. Smile

Posts: 4757 | Location: Southern Texas | Registered: May 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Dogs like that should live forever.

Posts: 107608 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Perpetual Student
Picture of Dan
posted Hide Post
Well done. We have a few dog handlers around here.

Posts: 2460 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: May 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What a good boy!

He may do important work later.

Posts: 491 | Location: St. Augustine, FL | Registered: April 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post