SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Medford, OR, check in please
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Medford, OR, check in please Login/Join 
Short. Fat. Bald.
Costanzaesque.

Picture of TexasScrub
posted
Headed to Medford for my next assignment, I'll be there the 25th of this month.

Do's.
Don'ts.
Need to do's.
Need to eat at______.

Thanks!

Posts: 1982 | Location: Victoria, TX | Registered: February 11, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Better Than I Deserve!
Picture of LBTRS
posted Hide Post
To live or just a temporary assignment?

I lived there for four years (actually in Grants Pass) and loved it.

Miss the trees, mountains, Rogue River and all the outdoor things that were available. It is the only part of Oregon that I would live.

There is some great Salmon fishing on the Rogue River but I don't know if they are running. A guided fishing trip on the Rogue is a blast.

Posts: 4986 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: September 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Short. Fat. Bald.
Costanzaesque.

Picture of TexasScrub
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LBTRS:
To live or just a temporary assignment?

I lived there for four years (actually in Grants Pass) and loved it.

Miss the trees, mountains, Rogue River and all the outdoor things that were available. It is the only part of Oregon that I would live.

There is some great Salmon fishing on the Rogue River but I don't know if they are running. A guided fishing trip on the Rogue is a blast.

Probably just a 6 month assignment, but we all know how those get extended. Fly fishing is on my list of things to get good at.

Posts: 1982 | Location: Victoria, TX | Registered: February 11, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wife is from Gold Hill left armpit of Oregon, Talent being the right...

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Better Than I Deserve!
Picture of LBTRS
posted Hide Post
Noveske is right up the road in Grants Pass and worth a visit. John Noveske gave me a tour of the place back when he was still alive and they were much smaller.

He opened his safe and showed me some guns that I had only dreamt about.

Posts: 4986 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: September 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TRshootem
posted Hide Post
I used to stay at the Jacksonville Hotel when there on business. Rogue River Ale was a favorite at that time. We lived in Medford( Phoenix area)for 5 months during the winter. Trips to the Redwoods and Northern California filled our weekends.

Posts: 1320 | Location: Montana | Registered: October 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Black Bear diner for breakfast. Outstanding corned beef hash and eggs.

Where's the beer!

Posts: 475 | Location: Oro Valley, Arizona | Registered: August 09, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Jackson county used to run a good out door gun range. Rifle pistol, clays and 1000 yds.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lived a few miles outside Ten mile, 10 miles outside Roseburg.
But that was in the late 70's.
Guess things may have changed since then, so can't help?

Beautiful country, did a lot of flyfishing in the Rogue River, and other rivers, streams and lakes.
Even the creek under our driveway bridge had trout, though they were smaller, but lots of fun.
Depending upon the season, have really good rain gear!!!!!

Jim

Posts: 1348 | Location: Southern Black Hills | Registered: September 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Take a jet boat tour on the Rouge River. They offer a longer tour that goes farther up the river, I would suggest that one. Bring a rain poncho if you want to stay dry.

Posts: 474 | Location: Northern KY | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Short. Fat. Bald.
Costanzaesque.

Picture of TexasScrub
posted Hide Post
Ok, starting to make some plans now. Looks like everything up there revolves around the Rogue, but I managed to find a nice golf course to lose my balls on as well! Crescent City looks cool too.

Thanks!