SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Liberal Patriot - Pick your side, pick your tools, pick your facts, and pick a fight.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Liberal Patriot - Pick your side, pick your tools, pick your facts, and pick a fight. Login/Join 
Picture of barndg00
posted Hide Post
My parents, both life long Republicans, and involved (as in elected official involved) in local politics in my home town, both voted for Biden. They could not get past Trump's demeaner. His policies are exactly what they want, but they also want someone that they could respect, and he has the demeaner of a child. Was he persecuted by the democrats? Yes. Did he act like an adult? No. If he would have simply kept his thumbs off his phone I believe he would have won in a landslide, even with everything the corrupt media and DOJ threw at him. But DJT simply can't not respond to the attacks, he can't just do the job, he has to win, and he has to let the loser know they're losing. He is a foul man, and I understand those that believe it takes a foul man to drain the swamp, but his words and behavior make him detestable to many conservatives. I voted for him, but I didn't like doing so.

I'll be honest, after the debate that he skipped, I'm watching Nikki Haley to see some more from her, frankly seems like the adult in the room right now. ***Flame Suit On***

Posts: 2155 | Location: NC | Registered: January 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
^^^
No offense, but that is RINO behavior. How do they feel about their decision now? Pretty stupid to vote for people destroying the country because the other guy offends sensibilities. Are they enjoying war, extreme cost of living, ridiculous policies, rampant crime, gas prices, forcing EV’s down our throats? There’s much more as we all know, but I’d be interested in their opinion as long as they have a lifelong political loser at the helm as opposed to someone that despite his personal life was actually making America great again.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15616 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
So let it be written,
so let it be done...
Picture of Dzozer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by barndg00:
My parents, both life long Republicans, and involved (as in elected official involved) in local politics in my home town, both voted for Biden. They could not get past Trump's demeaner. His policies are exactly what they want, but they also want someone that they could respect, and he has the demeaner of a child. Was he persecuted by the democrats? Yes. Did he act like an adult? No. If he would have simply kept his thumbs off his phone I believe he would have won in a landslide, even with everything the corrupt media and DOJ threw at him. But DJT simply can't not respond to the attacks, he can't just do the job, he has to win, and he has to let the loser know they're losing. He is a foul man, and I understand those that believe it takes a foul man to drain the swamp, but his words and behavior make him detestable to many conservatives. I voted for him, but I didn't like doing so.

I'll be honest, after the debate that he skipped, I'm watching Nikki Haley to see some more from her, frankly seems like the adult in the room right now. ***Flame Suit On***

Your lack of perspicacity is depressing... Frown

'Live long and prosper'

Posts: 3930 | Location: The Prairie | Registered: April 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:

His policies are exactly what they want, but they also want someone that they could respect, and he has the demeaner of a child.
I can not argue against anybody who dislikes President Trump's personality. I'm not crazy about that aspect at all, although at times I do find it amusing.

I do wish that voters would put more emphasis on policies and accomplishments, and less on personality. This is an election for an executive to run the country, not a popularity vote for Homecoming Queen.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30716 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by selogic:
Too much to read ..
If one doesn’t have time at the moment, perhaps a better approach is to put it aside and come back to it later. As it turns out it didn’t take that long, and had some worthwhile nuggets, even with the author’s own bias that he was either unable or unwilling to see or hide.

If one can’t read something of that length in five minutes, perhaps more reading rather than less would be beneficial.

If one can’t spare five minutes to read something, does one really have the time to comment on it?

Posts: 6923 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chris17404:
quote:
Originally posted by Milliron:

Ready for some truth?

Great post. One of the best I've read here. Thank you.

+1. Milliron, you may not have covered everything (or you might, I dunno), but everything you covered is SPOT ON. Thank you Sir.

Posts: 6923 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:

His policies are exactly what they want, but they also want someone that they could respect, and he has the demeaner of a child.
I can not argue against anybody who dislikes President Trump's personality. I'm not crazy about that aspect at all, although at times I do find it amusing.

I do wish that voters would put more emphasis on policies and accomplishments, and less on personality. This is an election for an executive to run the country, not a popularity vote for Homecoming Queen.
This in spades. I would enjoy having a drink and chat with President Trump as I think he’s an interesting character and I’ll bet he has some amazing stories. I could learn something from him. I wouldn’t look to him for an example of ideal comportment or personality.

When I vote for a candidate, I’m “hiring” them to do a job. I’m not sure that if elected President Trump will be able to do the job we need done in Washington, but from what I have seen, he has an infinitely higher probability of success than any of the other applicants.

No More
Mr. Nice Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:

There was an epiphany for me in around 1995 with the Bill Clinton scandals. I realized that national elections were really nothing more than high school student council elections. The popular kids won just because they were popular. Same with elections, where feelings greatly outweigh logic.

The only arguments I've heard against President Trump have been emotional or flat out false facts implanted in their head by the lying propaganda media.

I don't usually say it out loud, but women with the worst TDS all come across as emotionally damaged from some kind of trauma. They feel threatened by a masculine man. Idk what to say about men with TDS but they seem equally unhinged.

I don't believe there is an outsider who can do what needs to be done who isn't somehow abrasive or in-your-face. A "nice guy" outsider who appeals to the masses on looks and personality isn't going to have the backbone to get things done.

Posts: 9477 | Location: On the mountain off the grid | Registered: February 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:

You had me up until Nikki Haley.

I voted for him twice and, if given the opportunity, will do so again, but it damn sure ain't because of his personality.

Posts: 20125 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:

I voted for him twice and, if given the opportunity, will do so again, but it damn sure ain't because of his personality.

LOL .... I think he made a good President, but I would hate to have him as a neighbor!! Big Grin Big Grin

Posts: 1274 | Location: Idaho | Registered: October 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
life long Republicans.... voted for Biden.

No such thing exists. There's no such thing as a Republican that supports Democrats. Saying it's so, or really, really feeling it doesn't make it reality.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15727 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DrDan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fly-Sig:

I don't believe there is an outsider who can do what needs to be done who isn't somehow abrasive or in-your-face. A "nice guy" outsider who appeals to the masses on looks and personality isn't going to have the backbone to get things done.

General MacArthur apparently had a difficult personality and arrogance that bristled more than a few. A past roommate of mine's father was a JAG during WW2 and was present in MacArthur's HQ for awhile tending to a court-martial. He asked one of MacArthur's aides about MacArthur's arrogance, and the aide replied, "you wouldn't want to go into battle with a leader that has low self esteem, would you?"

This space intentionally left blank.

Posts: 4879 | Location: Florida | Registered: August 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by a1abdj:
quote:
life long Republicans.... voted for Biden.

No such thing exists. There's no such thing as a Republican that supports Democrats. Saying it's so, or really, really feeling it doesn't make it reality.

I know of several who did, and several who just didn't vote, which, in turn as we say is a vote for the opposition ie Biden.

Those who switched said they were done with Trumps demeanor, results aside, they were tired of the constant Trump Trump Trump daily on TV and Radio, Facebook, emails, conversation.

Trump thrives on this, but it can be tiresome.

JMO if he'd spend more time being Trump the President not Trump the media whore then he'd have beat Biden handily...

Alas Peloski and team had a lot to do with making him appear to be the problem than himself, and that too was the goal...

Posts: 23560 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
I know of several who did, and several who just didn't vote, which, in turn as we say is a vote for the opposition ie Biden.

Calling themselves Republicans doesn’t make it so. The party has a platform, and members of that party generally support the gist of it.

Voting for somebody with a different platform makes you one of them. There is no such thing as a Republican that votes Democrat. Those voters may be independent or closeted Democrats, but they aren’t Republicans.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15727 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post

Posts: 10851 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You vote for the candidate who is best for the country regardless of race, personality etc.
The idea I would vote AGAINST a candidate that was very agreeable to my beliefs just because I didn’t like his “ personality “ is preposterous

Posts: 3298 | Location: Finally free in AZ! | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Election is about voting for the most charming candidate, the one who can bullshit you the most, and against the guy you despise the most. Who cares if the country goes down the toilet as a result of my vote.

Q

Posts: 26464 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
My thoughts are if voting actually did anything they wouldn't let us do it.

Posts: 10851 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
My thoughts are if voting actually did anything they wouldn't let us do it.

To paraphrase Comrade Uncle Joe (1), "It's not how people vote that counts, it's how people count the votes"

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17471 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post