SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The latest gun panic appears to be a flop
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The latest gun panic appears to be a flop Login/Join 
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Oh no. I don't care what you say. I'm still buying all kinds of guns I don't need with money I don't have. Big Grin

Like the libs say, never let a crisis go to waste. Wink

Posts: 21345 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Would you like
a sandwich?
Picture of Dreamerx4
posted Hide Post
I am an FFL, and my business has increased quite a bit.

Event happened Sunday night, Thursday firearms, mainly AR variants started flowing in.

My business has been steady since.

Definitely not Newtown levels, and for that I am thankful.

I believe folks feel safer about guns with current House and Senate, Supreme Court, BUT, Trump is kind of a wild card, so still somewhat uneasy.

Thankfully rhetoric has been quiet, so hoping this is a minor bump as you say, and ammo stays available, and gouging stays away. I am still shocked that .22 is so stinking high and unavailable.

Posts: 1044 | Location: Virginia | Registered: October 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fenris:
I don't have room in my safe space for anymore panic.

So then...you're in the market for another safe? Wink

Posts: 13715 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cas:
Oh no. I don't care what you say. I'm still buying all kinds of guns I don't need with money I don't have. Big Grin

I can meet that, at least: I'm buying 12-round magazines for a gun I don't yet own and am not certain I ever will

I did also buy four more Lancer mags for my AR, but I'd planned to buy two more, anyway. I just added the other two... uh... "because." Smile

I'm always on the lookout for ammo bargains. Mainly 45 (Long) Colt and .357 Sig, right now. (Well, almost always, or I wouldn't have missed that killer GTD deal on .357 Sig.)

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ensigmatic,

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Warhorse:
quote:

You can never have too much safe space.

God Bless and Protect President Donald John Trump.

VOTE EARLY TO BEAT THE CHEAT!!!

Posts: 17546 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Warhorse:
quote:

You can never have too much safe space.

I see what you did there, Fenris....

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Take the risk or
lose the chance
posted Hide Post
Delete

----------------------------------------
“The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”

Posts: 1475 | Location: RR12 | Registered: February 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:

I can meet that, at least: I'm buying 12-round magazines for a gun I don't yet own and am not certain I ever will

I did also buy four more Lancer mags for my AR, but I'd planned to buy two more, anyway. I just added the other two... uh... "because." Smile

I'm always on the lookout for ammo bargains. Mainly 45 (Long) Colt and .357 Sig, right now. (Well, almost always, or I wouldn't have missed that killer GTD deal on .357 Sig.)

My buddy has a box full of PS90 mags and a bunch of whichever 5.7 ammo people wanted to ban for bearing armor piercing.

Never owned a PS90...

Posts: 3468 | Registered: January 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here on the forums someone just sold 10 new or little used Magpul AR mags for $80 delivered.

If the hildabeast had won we'd be in a world of hurt today. I could not imagine.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13490 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
These panics are the result of anticipated anti-gun legislation. We can be thankful yet again that Donald Trump was elected president. No such bill will get any traction with the certain knowledge that he won't sign any.

Posts: 28645 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
Last night I dreamed I found a very nice S&W 617 6" sitting on a table at an empty range. I was so stoked! Then my conscience started in on me and I turned it in to the range office.

That's got to mean something..... Big Grin

I found an expensive rifle and expensive scope at the range once, forgotten and all by itself, its owner long gone.

I turned it in to the range office.

Posts: 6705 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doin' what I can
with what I got
Picture of Rob Decker
posted Hide Post
quote:

Like the libs say, never let a crisis go to waste. Wink

One.step behind you... I've been saving and knocking down debt in preparation for the November sales. Anything I've wanted for the past year, but had the discipline not to purchase while I attend to more fiscally responsible matters, will be on its way to me no later than the first of December.

----------------------------------------
Death smiles at us all. Be sure you smile back.

Posts: 5542 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bubbatime:

I found an expensive rifle and expensive scope at the range once, forgotten and all by itself...

The poor little thing...

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30896 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post
Yesterday, after hearing on a reputable website that Nancy & Chuck were going after 1940's 6-shot .22 revolvers next, I DID buy one ASAP. Just to be safe. You know.

Posts: 4180 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Texas Proud
Picture of texassierra
posted Hide Post
It's a flop only because of the 2018 elections. You can bet the dims will hit it full throttle again at the earliest opportunity following.

NRA Life Patron

Posts: 1915 | Location: DFW | Registered: March 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Yes, but that's the question, isn't it? When they're going to actually get that "earliest opportunity"?

Posts: 27302 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by texassierra:
It's a flop only because of the 2018 elections. You can bet the dims will hit it full throttle again at the earliest opportunity following.

And by then no one will care.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30896 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post