SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The latest gun panic appears to be a flop
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The latest gun panic appears to be a flop Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted
I've been watching the price and availability of some items that disappear quickly during panics- 30 round AR magazines and supplies of .223/5.56 ammunition.
I see that one vendor I checked raised his prices on AR magazines, but he raised the price back to where it should be, from its depressed price of late.

That's it.

Granted, my sampling is small but it appears that the Great Gun Panic of 2017 is a flop.

Posts: 109047 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
Yeah, this one doesn't appear to have any traction. . .

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21921 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
I didn’t realize one had started.

Posts: 13829 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
I will neither confirm nor deny I have anything at all or more than I need. Cool

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
I saw a plethora of bump stocks pop up for sale locally. The prices went as high as 600.00. One did sell for 500.00 but the 600.00 one did not. Knuckleheads. I mentioned to one of my sons how different things would be if the harpy had won. We both winced. I am back to buying gun stuff after a period of rest.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29905 | Location: Norris Lake, TN | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
ehh two more years it will start again if it looks like Trump will lose!!!

Posts: 7865 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
I haven't even looked to buy anything in about a year. The only thing I'm picking up is .22LR and random super cheap ammo.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7148 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
I'm still good from 2008...

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16133 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
I finally burned the last of some 22LR a buddy foisted on to me from his survivalist frenzy circa 1985ish....

Amazing....mini-mags @ 88 cent tags....almost hated to use them up....

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9874 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Last night I dreamed I found a very nice S&W 617 6" sitting on a table at an empty range. I was so stoked! Then my conscience started in on me and I turned it in to the range office.

That's got to mean something..... Big Grin

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29905 | Location: Norris Lake, TN | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
What I am actually kind of shocked about is how quickly this incident has left the news/collective consciousness.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7864 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Well, if it didn't get traction on the first push then I guess it must've been a pro forma freakdown.

"We were not silent!" No you weren't, honey, no you weren't. Razz

Posts: 27302 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A few weeks ago I found a few hundred rounds left over from the panic when it looked like Bill Clinton was going to win.

Posts: 17253 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fredward:
A few weeks ago I found a few hundred rounds left over from the panic when it looked like Bill Clinton was going to win.

I still have primers from one of the panics when he was in office

https://chandlersfirearms.com/chesterfield-armament/

Posts: 10575 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by signewt:
I finally burned the last of some 22LR a buddy foisted on to me from his survivalist frenzy circa 1985ish....

Amazing....mini-mags @ 88 cent tags....almost hated to use them up....

But with inflation, that 88 cents translates to $2.05 in 2017 dollars.

I'm convinced that on an inflation adjusted basis, ammo is close to the cheapest it's ever been. With the exception maybe being .22 LR.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 11090 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
PSA is running a sale on PMAGs for 7.99.

They've also been throwing in 10 free mags in a lot of purchases.

I think even if there was a mini-panic, inventories are so swelled from everyone (makers/sellers) getting fat off the last one.

Posts: 3468 | Registered: January 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
I was actually looking to buy a new AR rifle prior to the events in Las Vegas. I ended up not and won't now for a bit because I refuse to be confused with or by consequence take part in any type of "panic buying."

I'll wait a few more months now.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30896 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beanhead
posted Hide Post
I only observed some higher demand for bumpfire stocks, echo triggers, and surefire mags. Prices were up for these and inventory were low or nonexistent in my observation.

Posts: 1368 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doubtful...
Picture of TomS
posted Hide Post
I'm certainly happy and continue to acquire cases of my favorite .22lr which is CCI SV. It's down to .07/rnd which, is not quite the .05/rnd before 2009 but I'll take it!

And I ain't gonna stop any time soon!

Best regards,

Tom

I have no comment at this time.

Posts: 3124 | Location: Coker Creek,TN | Registered: April 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
I don't have room in my safe space for anymore panic.

God Bless and Protect President Donald John Trump.

VOTE EARLY TO BEAT THE CHEAT!!!

Posts: 17546 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post