SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Bump Sock Ban Overruled by Circuit Court
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bump Sock Ban Overruled by Circuit Court Login/Join 
Big Stack
posted
Was going to dig up an old thread to post this in, but they're so old I didn't think it made sense.

Anyway, the 6th Circuit overruled the bump stock ban. Look for the Justice Department to appeal the the SCOTUS.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arabiancowboy
posted Hide Post
Here’s hoping the ATF nonsense on braces is soon cancelled as well.

Posts: 2402 | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
I wonder when people will start digging their old bump stocks up from the lake bottoms.

Posts: 3542 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
Not that old of a thread and it was posted in a few weeks ago.

https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...310010584#3310010584

Posts: 4987 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
LIVE Hearing: {right now} > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvgfkzDa92E

With ATF Director.

NOTE: in regard mostly to Pistol Brace but a general interrogation.

Posts: 22921 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Look for the Justice Department to appeal the the SCOTUS.

Fingers crossed - they chickened out when the 5th Circuit did the same thing for fear of losing in a court of nation-wide jurisdiction - and therefore seeing bump stocks legalized all over the country unless and until the federales follow the proper procedure in banning them.

(For those who haven't been following closely, the legal problem with the ban in the 5th and 6th Circuits - so far - isn't the ban itself so much as the proper governmental authority's failure to follow the proper legal procedures in creating the ban.)

Hopefully this provokes Uncah Ho into feeling like they have to make Garland appeal or they'll appear to be passive in the face of what they've billed as a massive threat in their campaign rhetoric.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rick Lee:
I wonder when people will start digging their old bump stocks up from the lake bottoms.

Now if I can only remember which lake in MN I had my boating accident on? I know it was one of the 11,842 Eek

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4840 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
quote:
Look for the Justice Department to appeal the the SCOTUS.

Fingers crossed - they chickened out when the 5th Circuit did the same thing for fear of losing in a court of nation-wide jurisdiction - and therefore seeing bump stocks legalized all over the country unless and until the federales follow the proper procedure in banning them.

(For those who haven't been following closely, the legal problem with the ban in the 5th and 6th Circuits - so far - isn't the ban itself so much as the proper governmental authority's failure to follow the proper legal procedures in creating the ban.)

Hopefully this provokes Uncah Ho into feeling like they have to make Garland appeal or they'll appear to be passive in the face of what they've billed as a massive threat in their campaign rhetoric.

Justice Department appealed 5th Circuit ruling to the Supreme Court on 4-6-2023

Posts: 12697 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Good!

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post