SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What if They Gave a War and Everybody Was Woke?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What if They Gave a War and Everybody Was Woke? Login/Join 
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
There are some fine leaders in the military today, the finest in the world. But they have a boot on their necks. The mid-terms cannot get here soon enough.

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4357 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gw3971:
There is a world war coming. Just wait a couple of years and we will all get to see it.

I've always thought that in my lifetime that I would see a nuclear bomb set off in anger.
I'm really afraid that it's going to become true.

Everybody knows that the dice are loaded

Posts: 366 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Who says the Air Force can't learn anything from the Navy?

The aforementioned Joshua Kelley aka "Harpy Daniels"

"Kelley, the drag performer scheduled to appear at JBLE"

https://www.dailywire.com/news...-festival-at-langley

Posts: 763 | Location: Southeast Tennessee | Registered: September 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JohnCourage
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tn226:
Who says the Air Force can't learn anything from the Navy?

The aforementioned Joshua Kelley aka "Harpy Daniels"

"Kelley, the drag performer scheduled to appear at JBLE"

https://www.dailywire.com/news...-festival-at-langley

They are so brave Roll Eyes

JC

Posts: 1266 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The 19 year old kid 2 doors down just graduated Airforce basic a week ago. They are sending him to school be a bomber plane mechanic. His dad was army and runs a tree service. I’ve seen this kid work on all thinks mechanical so he will be fine with that. Parents are hard right wingers so he may have issues with woke. We’ll see
My own son is 14 and going into high school in a few weeks. As of now he doesn’t really seem college bound but even he is not keen on military right now based on the last year or so worth of stories.

Posts: 4733 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
Joe is just carrying out Barry’s mission of removing the United States as the most powerful military force in the world. Whoever is pulling the strings knows the citizens will react harshly to overt actions, cutting the funding, doing away with large numbers of fleets, battalions and commands; so they do it another way, political correctness, critical race, transgender issues and acceptance, allowing equipment to become obsolete and not replaced. Destroy it slowly and right before our eyes, all part of a global plan. Military has a new goal in this administration battling climate change. Not preparing to battle our foreign enemies and Islamic Terrorism, no climate change and PTA meetings. Make an environment that warriors won’t tolerate or function in and you’ve changed the military.

Posts: 2762 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
It’s the continuation of the great purge of conservatives in our military, and government agencies.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4806 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HayesGreener:
There are some fine leaders in the military today, the finest in the world. But they have a boot on their necks. The mid-terms cannot get here soon enough.
Perhaps several layers down from the top, but what we've all seen of those anywhere near the top of the hierarchy, they are utter and complete clown politicians who are a total disgrace to the uniform they fraudulently wear. Any young person looking at these clowns would know immediately these people don't give a single damn about them, and would discard them like cards from a poker hand.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
Klinger was prescient

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4357 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It would be a slap fight. However, we will be the only ones woke

Posts: 1387 | Registered: November 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
https://www.foxnews.com/politi...ers-drop-mom-and-dad

Air Force Academy diversity training tells cadets to use words that 'include all genders​,' drop 'mom and dad'

Air Force Academy also tells cadets to be 'Color Conscious' instead of 'Colorblind'

Published September 22, 2022 2:00am EDT
By Jessica Chasmar | Fox News

EXCLUSIVE: A diversity and inclusion training by the United States Air Force Academy in Colorado instructs cadets to use words that "include all genders" and to refrain from saying things like "mom" and "dad."

The slide presentation titled, "Diversity & Inclusion: What it is, why we care, & what we can do," obtained by Fox News Digital, advises cadets to use "person-centered" and gender-neutral language when describing individuals.

"Some families are headed by single parents, grandparents, foster parents, two moms, two dads, etc.: consider ‘parent or caregiver’ instead of ‘mom and dad,'" the presentation states. "Use words that include all genders​: ‘Folks’ or ‘Y’all’ instead of ‘guys’; ‘partner’ vs. ‘boyfriend or girlfriend.’"

"Not ‘Colorblind’ or ‘I don’t see color,’ but Color Conscious," it adds. "We see Color/Patterns AND VALUE people for their uniqueness."

Rep. Mike Waltz, R-Fla., a Green Beret and Afghan War veteran, pointed out during an interview with Fox News Digital that "it's been a tradition in the military to get letters from mom and dad or your boyfriend and girlfriend for as long as there's been a military."

"Now we're instructing every cadet entering the Air Force to not say mom and dad, to not say boyfriend or girlfriend, and this kind of drive towards gender neutrality," he said. "I think the Air Force should be worried about the macro aggressions against America that are happening all over the world."

The diversity and inclusion (D&I) training also includes an exercise asking cadets to separate into small groups and write down as many "G-Animals," or animals that start with the letter "G," that they can think of in one minute’s time.

"What does this activity show us about the power of combining our diverse perspectives?​" the activity asks. "If this were an operational USAF/USSF [United States Space Force] challenge (think COA [course of action] development) what risks might be present if we did not fully leverage the diversity of our group?"

One slide in the presentation claims that D&I training is critical for "developing warfighters" to be "prepared to lead the USAF/USSF with character."

"How can we Lift Others (motivate our teams) if we don’t know our people?" it asks. "How can we Elevate Performance if we don’t include people during planning and execution?​"

"Today we are preparing to face challenges that may not exist today," the training says. "For example, Information Warfare only became a career field 7 years ago, and we stood up the Space Force in 2019. This makes our need to innovate critical. Thus, our leaders have deemed D&I a warfighting imperative."

At the beginning of the training, cadets are assured that "what’s said here, stays in the room (let's have each other's backs)​," and cadets were instructed not to "share people's stories with their name/identifiers)."

The presentation also asks cadets to finish prompts like, "What I think about me in terms of who I am," "What others think about me," "What might be misunderstood about me" and "How squad/classmates can help me feel valued."

At the end of the presentation, cadets are informed about additional D&I resources on the academy’s Colorado Springs campus, including a "D&I Reading Room" and "Affinity groups."

According to the academy’s website, affinity groups help cadets "gather around a shared affinity or bond" and can be "identity-based," "interest/career-based" or "cadet experience-based."

A professor quoted in a 2021 press release by the academy describes the D&I reading room as a "safe space" meant "to broaden and deepen [cadets’] exploration of the issues involved in diversity, inclusion and justice."

The academy also offers a "Cadet Wing Diversity and Inclusion Program," where graduates are given a purple rope to wear across their left shoulder "symbolizing their position as a diversity representative" so that they can "advise students on diversity," according to a press release.

An August 2021 memo by the academy that proposed the D&I program, obtained by Fox News Digital, said it would create "champions of dignity and respect to foster an inclusive climate in the Cadet Wing."

"Recommended trainings include, but are not limited to, inclusive leadership, conversation facilitation, unconscious bias, and cultural sensitivity," the memo stated. "The structure for D&I Staff will resemble [Air Force Academy Cadet Wing] Character and Honor staffs to reflect that D&I is also an institutional priority."

Waltz, a ranking member of the House Armed Services Subcommittee on Readiness, told Fox News Digital that the program’s structure is particularly concerning because it appears to create a "separate, parallel chain of command."

"To those of us who are a little bit older, it reminds us of what the Soviets used to do or what the Chinese do today, where they literally have political commissars inserted at every level end of the chain of command, but they have a separate reporting chain to ensure that the military is abiding by their ideology and their political doctrine," Waltz said.

"Not only do they have diversity and equity officers in the cadet chain of command, they wear a special insignia, which is exactly what the political commissars — they would wear an armband in both the Soviet army and now in the Chinese Communist military. I just think there are some really alarming parallels," he said.

"When we are in the majority, we are going to legislate this, and we are going to cut it out of the U.S. military," he added.

An Air Force Academy spokesperson said in a statement to Fox News Digital that the D&I training is to help prepare cadets for "warfighting effectiveness."

"As part of the Diversity & Inclusion Cadet Leadership Program, this conversation was developed by cadet leaders and USAFA staff to introduce all cadets to Department of the Air Force definitions of diversity and inclusion, as well as how these concepts enhance our warfighting effectiveness," the spokesperson said. "USAFA develops leaders of character that can lead diverse teams of Airmen and Guardians inclusively, to enhance innovation and win future conflict.

"It is the diversity of Airmen and Guardians coming from all corners of our nation who perform the Department of the Air Force’s hundreds of critical mission sets that make us the best, most innovative Air and Space Forces the world has ever known," the spokesperson continued.

The spokesperson said the exercises "were intended to highlight diversity of thought and the benefits of including multiple perspectives."

The spokesperson also clarified that "there is one chain of command in the military," and that "our cadet squadrons have cadets who serve as advisors to leadership in several specific areas, such as Character, Honor and Diversity."

Waltz told Fox News Digital that he hopes Republicans flip the House in November and that he eventually becomes chairman of the Subcommittee on Readiness, which has oversight of all trainings across the U.S. military and military academies.

"I'm worried about the macro aggressions," he said. "Everything, when it comes to training, is an opportunity cost. Every hour, every day you're spending training on this stuff, you're not training on all the other things we need that I would argue would be a higher priority to fight and win wars."

Waltz has received documents from cadets and their families who are "disturbed" by the radical teachings at military academies, including West Point Military Academy, which hosted a lecture entitled, "Understanding Whiteness and White Rage," the congressman told Fox News host Tucker Carlson in April of last year.

"That is absolutely destructive to morale, to unity, to everything that I know from a military, that by the way, integrated way before the rest of the country in 1948," Waltz said at the time.

So-called "wokeness" in the military came under scrutiny last week after Fox News Digital reported that Kelisa Wing, the DEI chief at Department of Defense Education Activity (DoDEA), wrote a series of tweets that were disparaging toward White people. The department said it was "reviewing" Wing following Fox News Digital's report.

Q

Posts: 26185 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^
Thanks for posting. We can only hope this silliness will pass.

Posts: 17159 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slosig:
quote:
Originally posted by gw3971:
There is a world war coming. Just wait a couple of years and we will all get to see it.

I hope you’re wrong, but I suspect you’re right.

Same. Throw a civil war in there also.

Posts: 17041 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
https://www.foxnews.com/politi...ers-drop-mom-and-dad

Air Force Academy diversity training tells cadets to use words that 'include all genders​,' drop 'mom and dad'

Air Force Academy also tells cadets to be 'Color Conscious' instead of 'Colorblind'
The Leftarded Progressives, in an attempt to destroy the family unit (which they are achieving), have wanted to take gender out of familial titles for YEARS. They abhor the sound of "gender-defined" roles, such as:

Husband
Wife
Daughter
Son
Brother
Sister

I'm sure "they" would just want to refer to the following as "relatives":

Aunt
Uncle
Grandma/Grandmother
Grandpa/Grandfather

I guess the title "Cousin" is safe, as that is non-genderfied. This world is so f***ed up!!! Mad Mad Mad

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11042 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thimply faaaabulous!

Posts: 17114 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ozarkwoods:
It’s the continuation of the great purge of conservatives in our military, and government agencies.

Yes, that's the shorthand summary.

quote:
Politics and WOKE views trump basic ideas of honor and duty. The way it handled vaccines and Afghanistan seems to have finalized views observed for many years.

Yes.

My daughter went to USNA (Annapolis). She met her husband in flight school after graduation. He went to the Navy post-graduate school at Monterey.

Those of you who follow the Covid thread know that I do a lot of reading/research on those issues. So does my daughter.

My daughter and son-in-law know enough about the adverse effects of the Covid shot that they will not take it. They filed for religious exemptions from the "vaccine" mandate. The mandate is still in effect, even though enforcement of the mandate has been paused. However, those who refuse the shot are treated like personas non-grata. They are pariahs, not allowed to deploy or travel with the military.

My daughter is no longer active duty and my son-in-law has applied for separation. They told him no, request denied (he extended his obligation when he went to post-graduate school) ... while at the same time they are trying to kick him out for not taking the shot.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23922 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
My Sons are 9 & 7. At this time neither is being encouraged to join the woke military when they come to enlistment age. I hope by then the military will be fixed but I cannot think of a single recent example when government got less retarded about anything…

Posts: 3122 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Proud to have served in the USAF from ‘73-‘77 and even thought of the USAF academy in high school for a bit. What a let down for those who actually went to the school in years prior.
The woke crowd is tearing down our military just like they tore down the Boy Scouts (Eagle Scout here). Maddening! They’re trying to make you feel like a real a-hole for even being associated with these groups. But not quite!!!

Posts: 817 | Location: FL | Registered: September 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of uvahawk
posted Hide Post
As a retired Air Force reserve Lt. Colonel who served in both the Security Forces (Police) and OSI as a Special Agent, the changes in the Air Force are simply hard to comprehend. Whatever the intent, the "changes" will result in a significant downgrading of capabilities, in my opinion.

Posts: 150 | Location: Low Country, South Carolina | Registered: November 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
Once again John Lovell of WPSN has a recent and relevant video addressing some of this.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The trouble with our Liberal friends...is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan, 1964
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon will just take a shit on the board, strut around knocking over all the pieces and act like it won.. and in some cases it will insult you at the same time." DevlDogs55, 2014 Big Grin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

www.rikrlandvs.com

Posts: 13939 | Location: On the mouth of the great Kenai River | Registered: June 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post