SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What if They Gave a War and Everybody Was Woke?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What if They Gave a War and Everybody Was Woke? Login/Join 
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
We’re now 1 week out from the end of FY2022 for recruiting. Last article I read (end of August) said the Army was only at 55% of its recruiting goal. Similar numbers for the other Services. It’ll be interesting to see the final numbers when they come out.

Used to be the AF motto was “Fly, Fight, Win”; now it’s Diversity, Inclusion, Equity (aka, DIE). The ChiComs and ISIS will be so afraid now, for sure. WHEN the war comes, lots of folks are gonna to follow the newest motto and DIE!!!!

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2692 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Whoever will be leading the military next that has not been brainwashed, make the new motto for all branches of the armed forces, "The Military is No Place for Social Experimentation".

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wasted my youth on war. At 58 I finally realize that. Still, I do have the experiences and I know how things will go.

These pansies will fight or die. All this crap will go out the window when the balloon goes up. Facing the fact that you're REALLY going into combat and you REALLY might die has a profound effect on people. All you need to do is to make sure that they possess the basic skills to survive.

Who knows, maybe they'll surprise us. If you spend some time around them you'll see they really are some hostile SOB's

V.

Posts: 328 | Location: Pacific NW | Registered: April 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This country’s military is controlled by the civilian politicians. Politicians are corrupt. Professional volunteer militaries are superior to conscripted armies, but many do not want to volunteer to do the bidding of corrupt politicians who do not care about or are outright hostile to the the military they control. Why should the best and brightest pledge their lives, fortunes, and sacred honor to serve the whims of any politician. In my entire adult lifetime I have only trusted one single politician.

Posts: 1788 | Location: Spokane, WA | Registered: June 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
So-called "wokeness" in the military came under scrutiny last week after Fox News Digital reported that Kelisa Wing, the DEI chief at Department of Defense Education Activity (DoDEA), wrote a series of tweets that were disparaging toward White people. The department said it was "reviewing" Wing following Fox News Digital's report.

This is idiot still doesn't get it. She drank both pitchers of Kool-Aid....she doesn't even realize her own contradiction

DoD schools diversity chief responds to ‘racism’ claims
quote:
“No, I did not make disparaging comments against white people. I would never categorize an entire group of people to disparage them. I’m speaking now as a private individual, about my private free speech from July of 2020,” she said.

At issue is a tweet Wing sent that month, before she was appointed to her current position.

“I’m so exhausted at these white folx in these PD [professional development] sessions this lady actually had the CAUdaacity to say that black people can be racist too … I had to stop the session and give Karen the BUSINESS … we are not the majority, we don’t have power.”

Wing told Military Times that tweet must be considered within the context of that day. The professional development session was was not affiliated with DoDEA, she said. It was held outside of work on a day when she was off.

“I was in a space where I was the only person of color,” she said. It was in the wake of George Floyd’s murder in 2020. “The purpose of that was people wanting to reconcile what was happening at the present time.

“In the middle of that session, someone just called out, ‘Well, Black people are racist, too.’ It didn’t have any context to what we were talking about, and I started to explain to her that yes, everybody can be racist. But we’re talking about systemic racism and how that impacts people and their ability for housing, their ability for a lot of things.

You have no context so, you just pop-off with a bigoted Tweet?

Posts: 14573 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post