SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Federal Judge Sides With Biden, Rules Christian College Must Allow Biological Men To Share Showers With Women
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Federal Judge Sides With Biden, Rules Christian College Must Allow Biological Men To Share Showers With Women Login/Join 
posted
https://dailycaller.com/2021/0...iden-college-ozarks/

A federal judge ruled Wednesday that students of the opposite biological sex must be allowed to share shower spaces and dorms at a Christian college in Missouri.

Judge Roseann Ketchmark of the District Court of Western Missouri ruled against the College of the Ozarks, a Christian college which had sued President Joe Biden’s administration over its transgender discrimination policies, lawyers representing the school said Wednesday evening. The college had challenged Biden over his Jan. 20 executive order, which prevented schools from denying children access to bathrooms of their choosing.

“Women shouldn’t be forced to share private spaces, including showers and dorm rooms with males, and religious schools shouldn’t be punished simply because of their beliefs about biological sex,” Julie Marie Blake, senior counsel for the Alliance Defending Freedom (ADF), told reporters following the ruling Wednesday evening.

“The Biden administration’s overreach continues to victimize women, girls and people of faith by gutting their legal protections, and it must be stopped,” she continued. (RELATED: #BidenErasedWomen Trends After Biden Executive Order Sets The Stage For Rolling Out Trans Protections)

The College of the Ozarks filed the lawsuit against Biden and the Department of Housing and Urban Development in April, two months after Biden signed the order. The school had argued that the government cannot force a private religious school to place biological males into female dormitories.

The college faces six-figure fines if it violates the Biden administration’s order.

School administrators said they expected to appeal Ketchmark’s decision.

“While we are disappointed in today’s ruling, we expect to appeal so that schools are not forced to open girls dorms to males and violate their religious beliefs,” College of the Ozarks Chief Communications Officer Valerie Coleman said during the Wednesday press briefing.

“We will continue to fight,” she said.

Biden’s executive order, which was among his first actions as president, was criticized by many who argued it would hurt women. They argued that the order chips away at Title IX protections that women and girls have enjoyed for 50 years.

However, supporters of the order applauded it as a win for LGBTQ Americans. They argued it recognized transgender civil rights.

“It is of great significance to the LGBTQ community that on their first day in office, this administration has made it clear that discrimination has no place in the federal government,” National LGBTQ Task Force Executive Director Rea Carey said in a statement.

Posts: 12720 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Fucking Insanity....Appeal to the Supreme Fucking Court! Mad

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8933 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
And the LGB* community continues to alienate people like me. While I may have initially been of the live and let live position, I'm increasingly becoming averse to the LGB* community and their rantings. In forcing their inclusion, they are making me explicitly favor their exclusion. If their goal is to become yet another hated org in their version of jihad against America, they are winning.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12747 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
However, supporters of the order applauded it as a win for LGBTQ Americans. They argued it recognized transgender civil rights.

Just a stab in the dark here, but I'm guess that there aren't a whole lot of trannies at the College of the Ozarks.

And, who do you suppose appointed Ketchmark? If you guessed Hadji, you'd be correct.

Posts: 20125 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
And the LGB* community continues to alienate people like me. While I may have initially been of the live and let live position, I'm increasingly becoming averse to the LGB* community and their rantings. In forcing their inclusion, they are making me explicitly favor their exclusion. If their goal is to become yet another hated org in their version of jihad against America, they are winning.

I agree. I've often said that blacks are their own worst enemy.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5689 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bet a few horny young men would claim to be trans in order to shower with the girls. And if shows signs that he likes what he sees, he's just a trans male lesbian.

Letting men in women's showers, locker rooms, and even prisons. What could go wrong? After some women get raped by the "trans" men, can they sue Biden?

Posts: 4727 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Way back in the day when I was looking at colleges to attend I wish I would have known about the College of the Ozarks.

From everything I have read they seem like a stand up, straight to the point school with administrators, teachers, and faculty that take care and actually care about the students, values, and family.

I cannot believe in this day in age, people are forced to accept and kneel down to these unicorns. 90%+ of the American population thinks all this transgender, make up a gender, a boy is not a boy but a girl is crap but we are still forced to accept it and shoved down our throats.

I have not and will not support their "cause". This alphabet of wackadoos are losing more and more support as each month passes.

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
This is what happens when we accept a lie. Men are not women even if they really really want to be. When we accept their assertion that identifying as female makes a man female, we set ourselves up for bad consequences and ramifications. Were I in charge, I'd make the showers XX and XY chromosome segregated.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29722 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mrapteam666:
Way back in the day when I was looking at colleges to attend I wish I would have known about the College of the Ozarks.

From everything I have read they seem like a stand up, straight to the point school with administrators, teachers, and faculty that take care and actually care about the students, values, and family.

I cannot believe in this day in age, people are forced to accept and kneel down to these unicorns. 90%+ of the American population thinks all this transgender, make up a gender, a boy is not a boy but a girl is crap but we are still forced to accept it and shoved down our throats.

I have not and will not support their "cause". This alphabet of wackadoos are losing more and more support as each month passes.

I learned of them a number of years ago have thought the same on many occasions. Sure hope they are still this way when my boys go to college.

It has been awhile but pretty sure they are tuitionless as well.
Every student works for the College while they are there to pay tuition.

I went to private Christian Universities. The first one had coed bathrooms because no one said anything.
The dorms were coed but each floor housed males or females. The dorm was an old Mansion so the bathrooms were not large. 3 stalls and 3 showers with 2 bathroom per floor and likely 10 rooms per floor. So 20 people per 6 toilets and showers.
Especially on Friday and Saturday nights when all the girls were getting ready at once it was not uncommon for the girls to come to the guys floor to use the bathroom, shower, and get ready since theirs was full.
It was strange at first but you got used to it.
The showers had frosted glass doors and we’re just probably a 4’x4’ stall so you could easily tell if someone was in it. Except for one shower stall it was probably 4’x 8’ with the shower head to the right. So if you did not hang the towel on the door it was hard to tell if someone was in there.
Got walked in on and walked in on a number of times.

But anyway. Back more on topic.
My boys are young and Inwinder how much farther off the deep end this country is going to go and if it will ever go back. I am afraid that it won’t.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25435 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Objectively Reasonable
Picture of DennisM
posted Hide Post
Hard Work U.

The biggest "stick" in the leftist arsenal is the ability to affect a school's eligibility to participate in Federal student aid programs. If small schools were so inclined and could figure out how to work without the 900-pound regulatory gorilla that comes with Federal program participation, this sort of idiocy would die on the vine at principled institutions.

"Oh, your confused son who thinks he's a girl even though he has a penis and his Birth Certificate reads 'John' wants to use the woman's locker room, or else he'll sue? Well, isn't that special. Thanks for stopping by. Oh, and that'll be a big No. But do stop at the K-cup machine downstairs for a latte on the way out. On us."

Posts: 2469 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
I wonder what would happen if a tranny broke into the judges personal bathroom in the courthouse & pissed on the toilet seat.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Isn't there something about a "separation of church and state" that's being missed ?

Posts: 368 | Registered: January 07, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
This is what happens when we accept a lie. Men are not women even if they really really want to be.
This is also what happens when we allow garbage masquerading as judges to sit on the bench with the power that inures to that position. As far as I'm concerned, the courts and their judges are one of the biggest enemies of this country at this point. The law and constitution mean nothing to them, and they 'rule' (apt term) based on nothing but their own ideology and opinion.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by john crusher:
Isn't there something about a "separation of church and state" that's being missed ?

DennisM mentions it two posts above yours. When you take federal money, you play by federal rules. Very few colleges, less than 30 of them, do not take federal money.

Posts: 10995 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Hillsdale

Blessed be the Lord, my Rock

Posts: 15906 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
I have a confession to make. When I was 19 in college I was very much interested in getting into the womens' dorm and sharing the shower with any number of coeds.

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4359 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
Hillsdale

Yep. Hillsdale is the best bet. They don't compromise their principles to get gov't money.

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10710 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post