SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Election Day Total Lunar Eclipse
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Election Day Total Lunar Eclipse Login/Join 
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted
This is a last minute post but hopefully some of you night owls and early risers will be able to observe the eclipse... and hopefully this eclipse portends some good election day results... for Republicans. Wink

This will be the last total lunar eclipse for the next three years.

[Note: there is an animated video, hyperlinks for remote viewing, multiple diagrams and viewing timetables at the linked website article, so it's probably best to read the actual article.]

=================

What You Need to Know About the Lunar Eclipse

October 13, 2022
By Molly Wasser, Ernie Wright and Tracy Vogel

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
MDS - If my skies provide a clear view I will take a few pictures and share later this morning….My day started about 15 minutes ago….Thanks for this reminder because I did forget…

Posts: 3245 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
Yes, absolutely, please post photos of it here.

I've been outside several times throughout the morning and, although we have some high thin cloud cover here, I can still clearly see the eclipse progressing. currently in the "blood" coloring.

Unfortunately my old "good" digital camera is inop at the moment and my phone camera just isn't getting a good focus on the moon, so my photos are far less impressive than what I can see with binoculars or even the naked eye.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Overcast here … west coast

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ok Guys - I am located in Central Mississippi and the skies were super clear.

These were taken with my I-Phone 10 and I am not even considered to be one that is allowed to take pictures at family events but this was beautiful to the naked eye and through a 10x set of Tasco binoculars. The last couple of photos were taken about one hour after the first ones - just before sun up. Sorry my pictures did not turn out better….but I can tell you this - there are still some wonderful and beautiful things in this ever changing crazy world we live in today - and this was just one that God created for our enjoyment as a reminder…..

Posts: 3245 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Completely forgot about it.
Our lab VP always sends out notices for events like this.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15328 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
This was the last total lunar eclipse for three years and the last to fall on Election Day until 2394! I got up to go to the bathroom at 0430 & the moon was half in shadow from the eclipse. I went back to bed.Smile

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
I posted this in another thread: Smile

On November 8th, 2022 at 3:02 a.m. EST (or 12:02 a.m. PST when all of the lower 48 of the US is officially tomorrow, election day), the Blood Moon total lunar eclipse is visible.

The ancient Incans and Mesopotamians believed the blood moon was an omen portending overthrow of the king.

Also, Donald Trump was born on June 14th, 1946...during a blood moon total lunar eclipse .

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30410 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post

More like ~6 hours.

Posts: 27964 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I can't tell if I'm
tired, or just lazy
Picture of ggile
posted Hide Post
Overcast here, which is the rule rather than the exception when it comes to being able to view solar phenomenon.

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2088 | Location: South Dakota-pheasant country | Registered: June 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
I took this just before the clouds came in and ruined our viewing.
[URL= ]

Posts: 13681 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post