SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    It must be reassuring to carry a weapon in California
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

It must be reassuring to carry a weapon in California Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 9mmepiphany:
quote:
...his agitation with the police, his badgering the station captain to begin an investigation, his refusal to give-up his pistol (go to 30:00 mark) and then telling the police to leave...perhaps GTFO.

So...you're saying he became a Karen

Based upon his description, it sounds like this incident could've gone down as a non-incident as far as the police were concerned, however he was just as intent on seeing an investigation generated thus his insistence and vocal displeasure with the police's response.

Posts: 14708 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

It is the same policy that most LE departments use when their officers are involved in a shooting.

They take their gun and put them on Administrative Leave

The gun is taken because it’s Evidence and the officer is quickly issued a replacement.

"Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician." -Jeff Cooper

Posts: 8770 | Location: UT | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
My LA LEO contacts said that in addition to going on the offensive after the threat was over, his biggest problem was that he was an asshole to the cops and miserably failed the attitude test.

Posts: 4091 | Location: "You can't just go to Walmart with a gift card and get a new brother." Janice Serrano | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flashlightboy:
....his biggest problem was that he was an asshole to the cops and miserably failed the attitude test.

No doubt more information will come out regarding this, in the meantime I can see NRA, USCCA and others, putting out notices/bulletins/articles regarding how your interaction and conduct with the police should be after an incident like this.

If anything, his lawyer didn't recognize the fact his client could self-inflect himself into more jeopardy though his doggedness for an investigation or, he ignored the advice of his lawyer to cool-down and start playing the legal game.

The situation in CA with regards to general 2A and CCW rights have made the overall environment very challenging and residents who legally carry need to be aware and familiar with the issues-at-hand.

Posts: 14708 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
The guy had every right to be pissed at the "service" provided him after such a horrible experience.
Police should have thicker skin than to be so petty as want revenge because someone yelled at them. Pussies.

Posts: 10851 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
The guy had every right to be pissed at the "service" provided him after such a horrible experience.
Police should have thicker skin than to be so petty as want revenge because someone yelled at them. Pussies.

When Ricci received his permit, he agreed to the Terms and Conditions from the LASD. He apparently didn't comply with them by his own tacit admission.

Yelling at the cops was the one-sided story from Ricci. LEO sources say Ricci's permit was pulled solely because he didn't follow the Terms and Conditions.

Yelling is a red herring and Ricci knows it but it gains sympathy with people.

Notice that he now has a case of STFU? He's not smart but just happens to have/had a permit.

Posts: 4091 | Location: "You can't just go to Walmart with a gift card and get a new brother." Janice Serrano | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
My LA LEO contacts said that in addition to going on the offensive after the threat was over, his biggest problem was that he was an asshole to the cops and miserably failed the attitude test.

I am SURE your LA LEO contacts are going to walk the blue line in defending their brothers and that no doubt includes their vengeful retribution to cancel him just because .... they can.

How does ANY of that justify taking away CCW? Confused

Posts: 22960 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Casuistic Thinker and Daoist
Picture of 9mmepiphany
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Orndorff:
quote:

It is the same policy that most LE departments use when their officers are involved in a shooting.

They take their gun and put them on Administrative Leave

The gun is taken because it’s Evidence and the officer is quickly issued a replacement.

At the department I worked for, this wasn't policy...the officer involved in any shooting was disarmed at the scene and was transported away in the back of a detectives vehicle.

Officers were only provided with a replacement weapon when our union negotiated into our next contract...as a mental health issue

No, Daoism isn't a religion

Posts: 14189 | Location: northern california | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 9mmepiphany
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:
Based upon his description, it sounds like this incident could've gone down as a non-incident as far as the police were concerned, however he was just as intent on seeing an investigation generated thus his insistence and vocal displeasure with the police's response.

I'm interested in what their response was and what response he expected that wasn't met.

Assuming they were responding to the 9-1-1 calls from his neighbors, the responding officers couldn't have canvased the neighborhood prior to their interaction with him.

He was attacked by two guys who he didn't know and who were masked. He doesn't have a vehicle description or other identifying factors. What immediate follow-up was he expecting?

Posts: 14189 | Location: northern california | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
quote:

I am SURE your LA LEO contacts are going to walk the blue line in defending their brothers and that no doubt includes their vengeful retribution to cancel him just because .... they can.

My contacts are well-placed and talk freely. You can discount that as you wish. You would be wrong to do so.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
My contacts are well-placed and talk freely. You can discount that as you wish. You would be wrong to do so.
Oh, put it back in your pants, man.

Posts: 107782 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 9mmepiphany
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:

Believe me, officers from outside agencies are the first ones to place blame or mock other officers when they "mess up"

quote:

The obvious first justification would be not abiding by the conditions he agreed to when issued his permit...Good Moral Character is a cornerstone in issuance

With heightened emotions set aside, refusing to cooperate with the investigation, surrendering evidence, is a crime which could lead to the loss of your rights

Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Oh, put it back in your pants, man.

There is little info that's out there and people that I'm acquainted with have info that I specifically asked them about and I'm willing to share. It's not scuttlebutt overheard at a range, bar or multiple levels of hearsay.

I don't understand the problem where I'm local to the event and have to justify to another member in Houston who knows jack shit other than what he read.

quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:

There is little info that's out there and people that I'm acquainted with have info that I specifically asked them about and I'm willing to share. It's not scuttlebutt overheard at a range, bar or multiple levels of hearsay.

I don't understand the problem where I'm local to the event and have to justify to another member in Houston who knows jack shit other than what he read.

Why don't you just stay out of my thread, then?

Unless, you have any facts from your alleged inside connections or they make something public, then what am I or anyone else supposed to think?

What's the big secret?
I can be swayed with proper evidence.
Until then I haven't seen the justification for revoking a Constitutional Right ( or as you will an amendment that protect one).

Posts: 22960 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
...Good Moral Character is a cornerstone in issuance

Vocalizing justified moral outrage over their incompetence fits that bill to me. They aren't your damned mommies where if you raise your voice you get scolded.

Posts: 10851 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 9mmepiphany
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Vocalizing justified moral outrage over their incompetence fits that bill to me. They aren't your damned mommies where if you raise your voice you get scolded.

Don't get hung up on the reported yelling.

The more actionable facts are interfering with an investigation, withholding evidence, and violating the previously agreed upon contract.

I don't have a problem with how he drew and used his CCW to protect himself and his family. It's really his after action behavior which seems to have caused the situation he is currently in

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
The problem is your dick-swingin' attitude and your appeal-to-authority approach, and you would do yourself a favor by realizing that I am not in the habit of justifying my directives in this forum, and that pushing back against me when I tell you to cool it, gets you nowhere.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
If you'll listen to what 9mmepiphany is telling you, you may realize that there is no practical value in what you are saying. Issuance of these permits is conditional. They'll yank your permit if you agitate them and if they can use the rules against you.

That is the reality of the matter. All else is bluster.