SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Can't beleive the new job application questions.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Can't beleive the new job application questions. Login/Join 
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
My buddy is about 2 shades darker than albino. However, his parents were missionaries and he was born in the mission field in Africa. People get really upset when he lists himself as African American.

He could’ve had some real fun with that and never lied Big Grin

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23261 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
It is illegal to discriminate based on sex (including sexual orientation). Why are they asking if it is not part of their consideration process in deciding who to hire. I wonder if someone could bring a legal challenge of discrimination to a company that is doing this and potentially win? I know it wouldn’t be easy to prove but I wonder if it would be possible?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21108 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
✓ Prefer not to say.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20824 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
If I had to be there to fill it out, I would have walked off and not wasted any more time with such shit.

Q

Posts: 26390 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had a phone interview thirty years ago that consisted of a few quick questions about my resume, confirming what was there, then I was asked if I smoked. I said no. Was I married? No. Did I have a girlfriend? No. Did plan to get one? No, no immediate plans. Did I know why I was being asked?

Yes, sir. You want to know if I'm flexible with my schedule and available to come to work right away, and move around as needed. The answer is yes.

No, I just want to know if you're gay. I don't hire smokers or fags. You can come to nevada for an in person interview. See you in two days.

The in-person interview wasn't any better.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
Judging by what the OP says is on the application, I'd say that if you're a white male your chances of being hired are probably somewhere between slim and none.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
My buddy is about 2 shades darker than albino. However, his parents were missionaries and he was born in the mission field in Africa. People get really upset when he lists himself as African American.

He could’ve had some real fun with that and never lied Big Grin

My pal in one of your NW states was born in Natal, RSA. He is 6ft 6-ish, blonde and built like a D9.

He is now an American citizen, having married his lovely bride back in 1985 and settled with her back home.

He also calls himself Afro-American, with a nod to HIS African heritage, his family having been in South Africa since around 1650.

Posts: 11324 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post