SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    California Proposition 65 Warning, my version
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

California Proposition 65 Warning, my version Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted
"This product can expose you to Cubic Zirconia, which is known to the State of California to cause Home Shopping Networks"

Posts: 107706 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be prepared for loud noise and recoil
Picture of sigalert
posted Hide Post
Also known as “Zircon-omic” stimulus.

“Crisis is the rallying cry of the tyrant.” – James Madison

"Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others." - Robert Louis Stevenson

Posts: 3620 | Location: Middle Tennessee  | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
It amazes me that there's anyone left alive in California with everything causing cancer.

Posts: 21121 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You’d think they would ban coin currency. you know, for the children.

"The days are stacked against what we think we are." Jim Harrison

Posts: 1120 | Location: Ann Arbor | Registered: September 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
A neighbor of mine has a business importing products from Ireland and then selling them to distributors of various kinds. One of his distributors sells through Wal-Mart's online marketplace program, which being online, is accessible by CA residents.

Turns out there's a cottage industry in CA finding and filing complaints against Prop65 "violators". The way Prop65 is written, shit rolls uphill with virtually no limitation and my neighbor in Maryland is dealing with a Prop65 complaint because he sold imported product to a distributor that has sold said product online to CA residents without the necessary Prop65 warning.

It's a shakedown racket. Absolutely ridiculous.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16273 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Simple solution is to not sell into CA, regardless of market size, unless of course your company makes Government Warning Labels, then you'd be missing the bulk of the business

Posts: 23560 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My company has plans for a new 49 state legal product without a CARB approved version for California. If they can't fall in with the EPA on federal regs and insist on going their own way over and above the EPA, they can do without.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Lefty Sig,

Posts: 4727 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
When is the big one supposed to hit so that that blankety- blank commie state can and will just slide off into the pacific ocean and the survivors (if any) can become their own 3rd world country that we will not recognize. .................. drill sgt.

Posts: 2021 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who Woulda
Ever Thought?
posted Hide Post
I looked for the box to give Para a thumbs up.

Posts: 6587 | Registered: August 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Exposure to the air, which is known to the State of California, may cause cancer.

Posts: 8711 | Registered: January 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here is my idea what California can do with their warning.

quote:
WARNING: The the State of California contains a chemical known to the State of California to cause Cancer and Brain Damage. Entry into this State can lead to Cancer, mental deficits, and loss of the ability to have rational thoughts.

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5660 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by muzzleloader:
You’d think they would ban coin currency. you know, for the children.

Fuck that Shit! I am investing in genuine United States of Liberia gold clad Krugereagles! A few thousand dollars of those babies will be of immeasurable value when Sutter's Mill crashes into the Pacific.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5967 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
File that under "most useless piece of legislation/initiative every passed."

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19697 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
Sometimes I read that shit on the most innocuous items I'm looking at, just for the laugh, it's truly insane and reminds me how insanely stupid (or worse) governments can get.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8697 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
I've seen the warning on small automotive parts. Roll Eyes

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post