SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Where do you buy 2a and 3a lithium batteries
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Where do you buy 2a and 3a lithium batteries Login/Join 
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted
Looking for a good deal on them. Where do you buy? Not thinking rechargable. Thanks.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19263 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Local stores.

Q

Posts: 26592 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought mine on Amazon because I needed them fast. You might need a loan because they have gotten outrageously expensive.

Otherwise I usually get them at https://www.batteryjunction.co...ries/shop-by-size/aa

Posts: 3937 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lowe's seems to have the best prices on batteries around where I live. I bought a large pack of Energizer AAA lithiums a while back.

I don't go to Wal-Mart if I can help it so they might be cheaper but the stores are always a cluster fuck both in the parking lot and inside.

Costco might be better than Lowe's. Need to join sometime and check it out.

Posts: 4739 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Not interested in paying $12 for 4 of them. But maybe that is a cheap as they get.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19263 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Try Battery Junction. I use them for all types of batteries.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16161 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Sam's Club has the cheapest I've found. 18 Energizer Ultimate Lithium AAs or AAAs for $35 currently, which is just under $2 each.

quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
Not interested in paying $12 for 4 of them. But maybe that is a cheap as they get.

~$3 apiece is around the going rate nowadays at most stores, even on bulk packs.

Pre-COVID, it was more like $1.10 to $1.50 each. They've doubled in price over the past 3ish years.

Still worth the extra cost over alkaline batteries that run out quicker, and leak.

Posts: 32591 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
^^^ I bought a bunch of them about 3 years ago, Home Depot had the 18 pack of AA & AAA for about $16 or $17 or so. Still have a dozen or so of each size left.

It's not just the price of batteries.

I have a CD turntable, plays 5 CD's at a time.

It's really hard to buy a new CD player nowadays. CD's are on the way out and I've got whole big lotta CD's.

Last year the remote for my CD player turntable was ruined by leaking alkaline batteries.

I was lucky to find a good vintage used one on FleaBay for about $50. It's mine now and has Lithium batteries.

Pisses me off to no end when alkaline batteries leak and ruin a remote or anything requiring AA or AAA or a D cell Alkaline and leaks. I have some really good flashlights that run on C cells. C cells are not made by Lithium yet, as far as I know. So I reluctantly leave the batteries out of these flashings, only put them in when I need the flashlight. That's a pain in the bohonkus trying in the dark to put batteries in.

Duracell's, in my opinion and experience, are the worse at leaking. I've had them leak in a brand new package.
Oughta be a class action lawsuit against Duracell, they are marked on the package as guaranteed for 10 years or so.

Posts: 11876 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

EBL is a decent brand for lithium primaries, and a good bit cheaper than Energizers. Available on Amazon.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10806 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
I’ve been using the Duracell Procell Alkaline-Manganese Dioxide AA batteries. They last 3-4 times longer than alkaline batteries in my Omron blood pressure monitor.

Battery, AA Size, 1.5V, 24 Count, $17.49 (73¢ ea)
https://a.co/d/bZlkBca

Serious about crackers

Posts: 9063 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bodhisattva
posted Hide Post
I have not seen any at Costco in months.

Posts: 11508 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
Looking for a good deal on them.

Time machine? You're 2-3 years too late to get a good deal on them.

They always cost more, but the longevity more than paid for itself. The price now, it's cheaper for me to change them two or three times as often.

With more and more EV's, and just about everything you can think of going cordless, affordable lithium batteries may be one of those things your grandchildren roll their eye at when you talk about them.

Posts: 21139 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I get mine at Sam's Club, but they are not cheap.

Posts: 6634 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
We gave our son's an organizer and a bunch of lithium batteries. AA and AAA along with a few C and D cells. They loved them. The big 18 packs are great. I've still got on on the piano bench. Yeah, its a little expensive but its something everyone needs. Their families too. Even my binoculars use them. Akaline batteries only last a short while. The LIthium ones last so long you can't remember when you put them in.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18392 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Was that you
or the dog?
Picture of SHOOTIN BLANKS
posted Hide Post
I also found Sam's Club to be the best deal. I get the Energizer AA Lithium for my Blink cameras which can have an appetite in the most active areas like my front porch.

I have bounced around a bit for pricing on CR123A however.

Posts: 1635 | Location: PA | Registered: February 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post