SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Sky light repair/replace in Vero Beach FLA-need suggestions
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sky light repair/replace in Vero Beach FLA-need suggestions Login/Join 
Picture of SIGfourme
posted
My wife is down in Vero Beach--noticed the skylight is leaking. Google search brings you to Angie's list, Mantra or Porch. I need the name of a local contractor please.

Posts: 2303 | Location: Southeast CT | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
If possible have your wife ask neighbors if they can recommend a local roofing contractor. It is usually a flashing problem.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4015 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
Agree on using a quality roofing contractor.
If you don’t know any you can go on the GAF website and look for a GAF Master Elite company near you.

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6315 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
Sometimes it is just leaf/debris accumulation in the valley at the peak of the skylight opening. This will hold rain water and standing water will always find a way through an otherwise watertight roof. No substitute for getting up on the roof and checking it out, but a very simple and cheap fix (blower or broom) if this is the cause.

Posts: 6468 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happiness is
Vectored Thrust
Picture of mojojojo
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure if they service the Vero Beach area, but my parents needed a handyman in Melbourne to do some basic repairs like your talking about. They used The Handyman Company on Sarno Road in Melbourne. From what they say they were professional, prompt, did quality work and very reasonable.

Might want to give them a call to ask - looks like Vero is about 45 minutes away but it might be in their service area. If not maybe they have a recommendation for that area.

Icarus flew too close to the sun, but at least he flew.

Posts: 6723 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: April 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't know if they work in the area but I used https://www.drs-roofing.com/ and they did a great job replacing my roof in central FL.

They do repairs also.

Posts: 4743 | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post