SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    According to Seattle schools, math is racist
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

According to Seattle schools, math is racist Login/Join 
Picture of az4783054
posted

Posts: 11199 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
This kind of shit is why we need to label material from The Onion and the Babylon Bee * * * SATIRE * * *.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15529 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Here's a hint...Anything a black kid is functionally illiterate at (and that's a very long and growing list) is racist.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
I had no idea. Confused

II + V + V = XII Romans
2 + 5 + 5 = 12 Chinese
2 + 10 + 0 = 12 Arabs
12 + 0 = 12 Klan?

Posts: 9429 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
So what isn't racist??

Posts: 1396 | Registered: August 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
I read it. This has to be satire.

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
It might be. OANN/Tipping Point had a piece on it last night. If you google 'seattle schools racist math', there's a lot of other references to it.

After all, it is Seattle. CA just hasn't caught on to it yet.

Posts: 11199 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
Just think if all our racist ancestors had just accepted the glory of the Mayan base-20 system!

If they weren't so racist, they'd have given up the mathematical system that their own culture had developed over the intervening thousand years as soon as they first encountered the Mayans!

All hail base-20 math! For progress!

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MrToad
posted Hide Post
If it's satire, it's on their official site from the Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction .

If you like religion, laws or sausage, then you shouldn't watch them being made.

Posts: 3356 | Location: SW Ohio | Registered: April 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
Picture of Patrick-SP2022
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oat_Action_Man:
Just think if all our racist ancestors had just accepted the glory of the Mayan base-20 system!

If they weren't so racist, they'd have given up the mathematical system that their own culture had developed over the intervening thousand years as soon as they first encountered the Mayans!

All hail base-20 math! For progress!

We would be hearing demands for an “F” dollars per hour minimum wage.

Posts: 4157 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
If they can't do maths, how will they know how many zero dollars they get from being a soundcloud rapper?

Posts: 45565 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kramden:
So what isn't racist??

WELFARE!

Posts: 2561 | Location: KY | Registered: October 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by senza nome:
quote:
Originally posted by kramden:
So what isn't racist??

WELFARE!

Calling it welfare is racist though.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29909 | Location: Norris Lake, TN | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conductor in Residence
Picture of Maestro
posted Hide Post
This makes me even more ashamed of my profession in education. I think what saddens me the most is that when I read the article, I knew it was legit and not satire.

Posts: 3689 | Location: Tampa Bay, FL | Registered: July 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Black girl actually said black people can’t be racist. I can think of few times I laughed so hard in my life.

My personal experience is the most racism I have received has come from blacks.

Posts: 13314 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:
Black girl actually said black people can’t be racist. I can think of few times I laughed so hard in my life.

My personal experience is the most racism I have received has come from blacks.

One night I was watching a discussion between two African Howard University members. A student and a professor. The student made that same claim and the professor started laughing.

It brought to mind the many police cam videos released in response to claims of racistim.
https://wtvr.com/2018/05/07/bo...ccusations-go-viral/

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6065 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NOT compromised!
Picture of SIGWALLY
posted Hide Post
Sheer madness, the lunatics are running the asylums.

Posts: 1530 | Location: Tampa Bay, Florida | Registered: July 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
The Babylon Bee predicted this three years ago.

It really is getting hard to distinguish between satire and real news.

The link is to a satire site from 3 years ago.

Babylon Bee

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector.
Plato

Posts: 1784 | Location: Texas! | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
quote:
II + V + V = XII Romans

Yeah, they ignore the basics these days.

It was sad, I told the old joke, hey a Roman goes into a bar, holds up two fingers. Bartender gives him five beers..... and then I had to explain it.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post