SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    According to Seattle schools, math is racist
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

According to Seattle schools, math is racist Login/Join 
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Yet another reason that public education needs to go. And the list is growing.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37197 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
Calvin likes math

More:
https://www.google.com/search?...imgrc=17JOUqHU_RDEJM

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6410 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
That explains why Boeing is down here in Utah recruiting. Wouldn't want the locals doing any of the math on their airplanes.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8279 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
Why would anyone take
quote:
a course for K-12 students titled “Math Ethnic Studies"
in the first place?

If there's actual math involved, there are two extra words in that course title....if there's not, there's only one extra word. Wink

Posts: 15158 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of caneau
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by furlough:
The Babylon Bee predicted this three years ago.

It really is getting hard to distinguish between satire and real news.

The link is to a satire site from 3 years ago.

Babylon Bee

Almost to the day too -- October 2nd vs 3rd.

Posts: 5326 | Location: The Virginia side of DC | Registered: February 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2019 everything is racist, 2020 God knows what would happen.

Posts: 109 | Location: Fort Wayne, IN. | Registered: February 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
Feelings Now Acceptable As Answers To Math Problems

-Babylon Bee

WASHINGTON, D.C.—An update issued Tuesday to the 2017–2018 Common Core educational standards now allows students to answer mathematics problems by responding with whatever their feelings are telling them at the time.

One example problem given to illustrate the updated standards asked students to figure out when a 6:00 a.m. train leaving Boston at thirty miles per hour and a 7:00 a.m. Milwaukee train headed the opposite direction at forty miles per hour will intersect. A list of possible solutions to the sample problem published in the Common Core standards obtained by reporters indicated that “Ugh,” “I’m offended,” “Triggered,” “Trains scare me,” “Boston scares me,” “Milwaukee scares me,” and “Kill yourself,” would all be scored as correct.

“Any emotion, feeling, statement, or catchphrase is an acceptable answer to most of the problems in the new mathematics standards,” a Common Core representative told reporters. “As long as students are being sincere, genuine, authentic, and true to themselves at the time they are answering the question, that’s all we can ask as educators.”

“Who are we to tell anyone that their own mathematical truth is wrong?” the rep added.

According to the rep, the Common Core standards will be updated next year to include feelings as acceptable responses to any and all questions pertaining to biology, chemistry, grammar, and history, while sources claim that English literature teachers have already been accepting emotions as responses for years.

Of all the enemies that the American citizen faces, the Democrat Party is the very worst.

Posts: 10863 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
Wouldn't that be "Maff is racist"?

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3796 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Joie de vivre
Picture of sig229-SAS
posted Hide Post
Good grief Charlie Brown!! I just can't read any more, this is absolutely ludacris, what next?

Posts: 3865 | Location: 1,960' up in Murphy, NC | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Dang, I wish I had this argument available to me in Algebra class.

Posts: 109167 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zoom6zoom:It was sad, I told the old joke, hey a Roman goes into a bar, holds up two fingers. Bartender gives him five beers..... and then I had to explain it.

Anyone who graduated from a Parochical school would know the answer. Nuns made sure we remembered Roman numerals and classical music.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post