SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Cinco De Mayo Celebrations Cancelled because of Trump.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cinco De Mayo Celebrations Cancelled because of Trump. Login/Join 
Cat Whisperer
Picture of cmr076
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by joel9507:
Must be more illegals in the mix than we imagine.

Otherwise, this makes no sense at all.

interestingly enough, south philly is mostly my people, really REALLY italian italians, and asians... or at least it was the last time I was there.

------------------------------------

├┼┼╕
246R

Posts: 3901 | Location: SE PA | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
JAllen, don't know if your O2 it turned up higher today, but I like it!
Preach it, brother! Wink

Posts: 18069 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30410 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
I'm confused Confused

Why did they cancel? I'm pretty sure it's illegal for ICE to randomly stop people with brown skin and ask them for their papers.

A little blurb in today's paper made this statement a little humorous. Razz

On this date in 1892 the Geary Act became law.

The Law: Federal legislation designed to limit Chinese immigration to the United States

Date: Became law on May 5, 1892

Significance: Enacted to reinforce and extend provisions of the Chinese Exclusion Act of 1882, the Geary Act prevented further immigration from China and required established Chinese residents of the United States to carry certificates of residence. The act grew out of an assumption that low-wage Chinese laborers were responsible for the economic downturn in the last quarter of the nineteenth century.

The Chinese Exclusion Act, passed in 1882, put a ten-year federal moratorium on the immigration of Chinese laborers, and increased restrictions on Chinese immigrants already living in the United States. When the act expired in 1892, a new bill was proposed by California Democratic congressman Thomas J. Geary. Geary’s bill extended the immigration moratorium for ten additional years and required existing Chinese immigrants to obtain official certificates of residence from the Internal Revenue Service. Immigrants found without these certificates faced up to one year of hard labor followed by deportation. Bail was not permitted for immigrants arrested for being in the country illegally, and only a “credible white witness” could testify on behalf of an accused Chinese immigrant. The Geary Act was upheld by the U.S. Supreme Court in 1893, in Fong Yue Ting v. United States. In 1902, the act was extended indefinitely, but Congress eased restrictions during the 1920’s and finally removed them in 1943.

http://immigrationtounitedstat...ary-act-of-1892.html

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wonder why they really canceled it?
I doubt ICE has the manpower or interest in raiding an entire festival.

Posts: 4591 | Location: Where ever Uncle Sam Sends Me | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CD228:
I wonder why they really canceled it?
I doubt ICE has the manpower or interest in raiding an entire festival.

The sale of Depends was outpacing the supply, as many illegals were in fear of soiling their shorts...

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8358 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
There is a coin operated laundromat near me where the only language is Spanish. Signs, TVs blaring, and conversations. There are lots of illegals and gangbangers in that area.

I went in on a Saturday a few years ago, toting my Glock 22 and wearing a black raincoat. The place was packed with easily 100 people. Five minutes later there were about a dozen.

I am going to get a blue windbreaker and paint ICF on it and go back. Maybe there'll be a stampede.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31445 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
But Meester Trump we peoples just wan to celebrate de Cinco de Mayo...Joo cannot deport the millions of the peoples for thees!!

This is NO celebratory holiday in Mexico, purely a U.S. bar and restaurant created event like many others.

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8358 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
Victimhood is the most important status in our political publicity culture. They do stories, tear jerking segments, about victims, interviews on TV, internet glory. Nobody pays attention of the ordinary bruises and sprains of routine life. Congressmen rush to provide help, church groups hold bake sales, bingo games, fish fries, civic groups sponor booths at fairs, to gather aid to victims, of disease, famine, oppression, sociologists get grants to do studies, a perpetual edition of Queen for A Day. It's the American Way!

Absolutely. Should be a special twofer event when victim and oppressor are the same person. Wasn't there an old saw about a kid convicted of killing both his parents, who threw himself on the mercy of the court as an orphan?

"I scared myself into not celebrating my national holiday for no reason" really isn't an existential crisis.

But, hey, more Dos Equis and nachos for the rest of us.

Posts: 15032 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
JAllen, don't know if your O2 it turned up higher today, but I like it!
Preach it, brother! Wink

Thanks, Doc. As a matter of fact, I have just abandoned the concentrator that maxed out at 5 lpm for one that goes up to 10. It's like having a hurricane in your nose!

The idea, my supplier says, is that the other one was running full tilt to deliver 5 lpm. This new one is loafing along to deliver 5, and has more as needed.

I'm not sure what impact that had on what I responded with, but hey, whatever works!

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Victimhood is the most important status in our political publicity culture. They do stories, tear jerking segments, about victims, interviews on TV, internet glory. Nobody pays attention of the ordinary bruises and sprains of routine life. Congressmen rush to provide help, church groups hold bake sales, bingo games, fish fries, civic groups sponor booths at fairs, to gather aid to victims, of disease, famine, oppression, sociologists get grants to do studies, a perpetual edition of Queen for A Day. It's the American Way!

Absolutely. Should be a special twofer event when victim and oppressor are the same person. Wasn't there an old saw about a kid convicted of killing both his parents, who threw himself on the mercy of the court as an orphan?

"I scared myself into not celebrating my national holiday for no reason" really isn't an existential crisis.

But, hey, more Dos Equis and nachos for the rest of us.

Don't forget the avocado growers!

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
well, good

its is NOT Cinco de Mayo here in the US, its May 5th

now, if they want to cancel the Cinco de Mayo festivities in lets say - Mexico - or someplace like that, well, I don't have a problem with that either

whats so freakin' special about May 5th anyway?

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53191 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:

If follows "May the Fourth Be With You" Day.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31445 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
quote:
quote:
quote:
They are victims.

There is nothing more important than that.

Victims of fear and oppression in this once happy carefree land.

Yeah, but in this case, they are oppressing themselves, out of ignorance.

Like a self-inflicted wound. I don't think they issue Purple Hearts for those.

I blame social media for a lot of it. And an ignorant population.

I saw a post on the face space this morning calling for justice for a boy's dog that had been shot by a mean old neighbor. The mean old police were refusing to "serve justice" for the killing. They had a hashtag calling for justice. They had 60 or so shares. They had posters calling for lawsuits, calling the state attorney general's office, calling the media, etc.

Now, the neighbor may be Norman Bates, I don't know. But, based upon the "victims" details in her post, the neighbor followed the state law, and was entirely within his legal ability when he dispatched Bucky to the sweet by and by. It sucks losing a pet, especially having someone kill it. But, they probably shouldn't have let it run free if that was the case. Or at the very least, understand what the state law actually says about dogs running free after the hours of darkness.

But, the internet was ablaze with wanting vengeance and "justice". With no regard to the actual law or pesky details. People were setting up a gofundme for the legal battle.

Everyone wants a cause these days.

This is really easy to understand if you are not reactionary old-timer (like me) talking about silly things like laws. Just ask any libtard or SJW and they'll tell you that this law nonsense is completely passé and what really matters is how they feel and what's trending on social media (two things that seem to be directly related).

Really novel concept: Understand and follow the law. If you don't like the law and think it sucks, work to get it changed.

Posts: 6920 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
 "I want our immigrant community to know that we want them"

I want LEGAL immigrant communities to know we want them here as well. It is the ILLEGAL immigrants everybody has a problem with.

It makes me crazy when they lump these two, very different, groups together.

Ken

Posts: 1049 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: December 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Posting shit like that ^^^ Only helps the commies. Don't give them the view counts.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20827 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spectemur Agendo
Picture of brecaidra
posted Hide Post
quote:
well, good

now, if they want to cancel the Cinco de Mayo festivities in lets say - Mexico - or someplace like that, well, I don't have a problem with that either

They don't celebrate it in Mexico anyway. It's the anniversary of a minor victory over French invaders, but it's never been a holiday in Mexico, only the US.

SIGforum's triple minority

"It can't rain all the time." - Eric Draven

Posts: 16993 | Location: IA | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by brecaidra:
quote:
well, good

They don't celebrate it in Mexico anyway. It's the anniversary of a minor victory over French invaders, but it's never been a holiday in Mexico, only the US.

So, the Spanish invaders beat the French invaders?

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4620 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
It's yet another fake holiday geared towards bringing in amateur drinkers into bars.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post