SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I didn't know there were gun shops that catered to LGBT clients

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
I didn't know there were gun shops that catered to LGBT clients Login/Join 
Too soon old,
Too late smart
posted
It must be true, it's on the front page of the Washington Post.

https://www.washingtonpost.com...m_term=.0c6db067b755

NRA Life Member
Member Isaac Walton League

I wouldn't let anyone do to me what I've done to myself

Posts: 1489 | Location: NoVa | Registered: March 14, 2009Report This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
I dunno why there wouldn't be shops and organizations that cater to LGBT folks. Guns aren't just for straight, white, males.

Though, personally, I am rather amused that suddenly, people who for the last eight years would have called you insane for suggesting Obama might abuse his powers, and thus one ought to own something with a shoulder thing that goes up, they want a few ARs of their own. Maybe, just maybe, that means The Man has too much power? It's never a problem when it's Your Guy in the big chair, and that's what they've had for 8 years.

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 17003 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Report This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
I did several classes specifically for lesbians and gay men wanting to get concealed handgun permits. It became a kind of niche market for a while. In the process, I learned fewer of the LGBTQRST community are lockstepped with liberal or Democratic Party views than I thought.

A gun shop catering to their community? Sounds like a good business model. Like all of us they tend to shop where they feel welcome.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31419 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Report This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
The more the merrier. I think LGBT folks feel like targets and self preservation drives them to arms. I welcome their participation and if they need a gun store that caters, more power to them. I wish there were a gun store that catered to aging chubby white men like me....oh, wait.....

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29678 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Not just LGBT, but the "Prince George's County chapter of the National African American Gun Association". Never heard of them but there is plenty of room for all aboard the 2nd amendment train. Woooo Whooooooo.

Pretty good web site too, love this quote: "Frederick Douglass put it in 1867, “a man’s rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.” " http://www.naaga.co/

Airsoft guy nailed it upthread too:
quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by airsoft guy:
I dunno why there wouldn't be shops and organizations that cater to LGBT folks. Guns aren't just for straight, white, males.

Though, personally, I am rather amused that suddenly, people who for the last eight years would have called you insane for suggesting Obama might abuse his powers, and thus one ought to own something with a shoulder thing that goes up, they want a few ARs of their own. Maybe, just maybe, that means The Man has too much power? It's never a problem when it's Your Guy in the big chair, and that's what they've had for 8 years.

Posts: 1918 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: August 01, 2012Report This Post
Picture of JR78
posted Hide Post
I may not always agree with their politics, but they do have right, as the rest of us do.

Posts: 1963 | Location: DFW | Registered: December 17, 2007Report This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
A quick Google search will show that the gay community is turning into one of the more powerful pro-gun groups out there.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12315 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Report This Post
The Persian
Picture of PPGMD
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by airsoft guy:

Maybe they don't understand why they need to be catered to. The newer guntry clubs fix most of the issues with a traditional gun shop, but they don't cater to a specific market.

Do you really need market stratification with black, Hispanic, and LGBT specific gun shops?

I know why it is happening, and I dislike it because it moves in the opposite direction I feel we should be moving toward. It is simply voluntary segregation.

-------
A turbo: Exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens, and you go faster.

Mr. Doom and Gloom
"King in the north!"
"Slow is smooth... and also slow.

Posts: 20052 | Location: At the wall | Registered: February 13, 2008Report This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Since no one else has mentioned it, that article in the WaPo was a steaming pile of you know what for all the liberal agenda/ideology/nonsense/lies weaved into it.

Personally, I don't give a rip who wants a gun so long as they're legal to own it, and have it for the right reasons (i.e. not for illegal activities). And as noted previously, its pretty rich to be lectured on how ridiculous it is for us to want a gun as protection from an out of control government by the same people who are now buying guns for the very same reason(s). Roll Eyes

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Report This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
I hear they have a FABULOUS selection of firearms.

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4570 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Report This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
I think the Orlando bombing and radical Muslim ideology appearing to gain ground here over the last few years has had more to do with it, but more power to them. My cousin is gay but votes republican for the most part. I wouldn't want her to be targeted because of her sexual orientation.

Posts: 8607 | Registered: September 26, 2013Report This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
I did several classes specifically for lesbians and gay men wanting to get concealed handgun permits. It became a kind of niche market for a while. In the process, I learned fewer of the LGBTQRST community are lockstepped with liberal or Democratic Party views than I thought.

A gun shop catering to their community? Sounds like a good business model. Like all of us they tend to shop where they feel welcome.

Gay people probably tend lefty, but they are not all lefties, not by a long shot.

As to firearms, if I thought there were some people that might have hard feelings for me because of who I liked to have sex with, I might want a gun. Or maybe I might like hunting. Or Bullseye shooting. Or whatever.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53120 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Report This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
Since no one else has mentioned it, that article in the WaPo was a steaming pile of you know what for all the liberal agenda/ideology/nonsense/lies weaved into it.

Personally, I don't give a rip who wants a gun so long as they're legal to own it, and have it for the right reasons (i.e. not for illegal activities). And as noted previously, its pretty rich to be lectured on how ridiculous it is for us to want a gun as protection from an out of control government by the same people who are now buying guns for the very same reason(s). Roll Eyes

Someone actually read the article. If everyone else had they'd comment the same as you had. If I had the time I'd list all if the BULLSHIT contained within that article. I wanted to throw my phone while reading that.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20803 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Report This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
I know what the article said, but here is what it really said, "proponents of my ideology have caused the supermajority of violence the past 8 years and nearly all of the violence since the election. Therefore, I'm going to project my ideology's shortcomings on the majority and create a self-fulfilling prophesy of needing to purchase a gun. We need more dealers to pander to me."

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23194 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Report This Post
Doubtful...
Picture of TomS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogB:
It must be true, it's on the front page of the Washington Post.

https://www.washingtonpost.com...m_term=.0c6db067b755

What a load of horse hockey.

Best regards,

Tom

I have no comment at this time.

Posts: 3110 | Location: Coker Creek,TN | Registered: April 02, 2009Report This Post