SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Member sig229-SAS makes stunning peppermills!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Member sig229-SAS makes stunning peppermills! Login/Join 
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted
I just received a gorgeous peppermill from member sig229-SAS. Take a moment if you would and check out his work.

The Peppermill Store

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
I purchased a set of his spalted maple as a gift for my cousin and his wife a year and a half ago. They were absolute, exquisite, work of art.

Get some!

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43865 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Ooohhh that is gorgeous work!
I see peppermill gifts in my future!

Posts: 18042 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Living my life my way
Picture of molachi
posted Hide Post
WOW!! That is beautiful work,

Posts: 1756 | Location: The Backyard of Nowhere | Registered: August 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dinosaur
Picture of P210
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
Ooohhh that is gorgeous work!
I see peppermill gifts in my future!

Me too. Thinking Koa.

Posts: 6956 | Location: 96753 | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
We used ours today. It’s just very well made and beautiful too!

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
I have a old Vic Firth mill that works great but it just had a coat of black lacquer paint applied which is chipping off at a pretty good rate. So it looks pretty beat but grinds perfectly. I will keep this in mind when it come time to retire the Vic.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8524 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Absolutely stunning work. Beautiful!

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Great stuff but might be better promoted in Classified.

Posts: 22894 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
That peppermill link (bark2art) isn't working and after searching all I find is a site with wooden pet urns he makes. Frown ???

https://classicpeturns.com/

Anyone know if he's quit making salt and pepper sets?

I'm not a facebook member but his facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/thepeppermillstore) hasn't been updated since 2016.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16183 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
That peppermill link (bark2art) isn't working and after searching all I find is a site with wooden pet urns he makes. Frown ???

https://classicpeturns.com/

Anyone know if he's quit making salt and pepper sets?

I'm not a facebook member but his facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/thepeppermillstore) hasn't been updated since 2016.

Dang, I was going to order a couple of his items for mothers day. None of the links work or aren't current. Dang, dang, dang. Now back to the drawing board.

Posts: 7546 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The loudest one in the room is the weakest one in the room
Picture of Rigby470
posted Hide Post
Links aren't working for me either.

========================

NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Home Firearm Safety Instructor
NRA Range Officer
NRA Life Member

Arkansas Concealed Carry Instructor #13-943

Posts: 1103 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Bytes,
I was looking to scope them out for a wedding gift. <sigh>

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16183 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
Turning_gal and sig229-SAS have posted in the last couple days. Just shoot them an email.

RB

Joie de vivre
Picture of sig229-SAS
posted Hide Post
Hey guys, looks like a picked a bad time to take down the web store! Sales were down to trickle plus we changed the business plan to focus more on cremation urns. I will get some Mill images back up on the web in a week or so.

I will update the thread when they up!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sig229-SAS,

Posts: 3850 | Location: 1,960' up in Murphy, NC | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sig229-SAS:
He guys, looks like a picked a bad time to take down the web store! Sales were down to trickle plus we changed the business plan to focus more on cremation urns. I will get some Mill images back up on the web in a week or so.

I will update the thread when they up!

Thanks again Jim. Appreciated this morning's response to my email to you. Smile

USN (RET), COTEP #192

Picture of Perception
posted Hide Post
That's great to hear! I always had a set on my radar for gifts, but I had never gotten around to purchasing any!

"The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."
"Odd," said Arthur, "I thought you said it was a democracy."
"I did," said Ford, "it is."
"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't the people get rid of the lizards?"
"It honestly doesn't occur to them. They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they've voted in more or less approximates the government they want."
"You mean they actually vote for the lizards."
"Oh yes," said Ford with a shrug, "of course."
"But," said Arthur, going for the big one again, "why?"
"Because if they didn't vote for a lizard, then the wrong lizard might get in."

Posts: 3514 | Location: Two blocks from the Center of the Universe | Registered: December 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
While Jim is getting his websites updated a question for those of you with sets:

Is the salt unit available as either a shaker or as a grinder? And if a shaker, does it work for kosher salt?

USN (RET), COTEP #192

Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
While Jim is getting his websites updated a question for those of you with sets:

Is the salt unit available as either a shaker or as a grinder? And if a shaker, does it work for kosher salt?

Got the answer: mills only. No problem. Big Grin

USN (RET), COTEP #192