SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Finished up a Ferrari Killing sleeper
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Finished up a Ferrari Killing sleeper Login/Join 
Cat Whisperer
Picture of cmr076
posted
I know some of you guys enjoy the car build posts, so here's a little bit of a different one than the lambos I usually post.

2014 Audi RS7. The car is already a sleeper, its a big hatch-back sedan that comes from the factory with a twin turbo 4.8 V8 making 560hp (at the crank).

This customer also has a C7 Z06 I did a F1a procharger, long tube headers, methanol, etc. on, so he's no stranger to big power.

people with these RS7's are going 10.3 with just a tune and downpipes, he was running that combo for a year and decided when he drove the vette that he wanted more power.. Only one guy has done a turbo upgrade on these and he was in Russia, so it's sort of uncharted waters (and a replacement motor is somwhere in the $30,000 range).

With all that being said, I sent the stock turbos to my buddy's shop, Blouch turbo and had him put a billet compressor wheel in and clip the turbine wheel. With intakes, the turbos, methanol, and tuning, we picked up an additional 100whp, which is what I was shooting for. There was way more left in it (fuel and timing were still where they should be), but I didn't want to find the limits of the factory bottom end.

I also put a set of HRE wheel on to round the build out.

all buttoned up

getting aligned after wheels and a slight drop

the methanol setup (isnt visible once the engine plastics are back in place)

billet compressor wheel in a factory housing

better intakes

getting dialed in on our Mustang dyno

and a few other projects we're working on.. a twin turbo 88 camaro, twin turbo GTO, ZR1 nitrous car, twin turbo Huracan, big supercharger on the silverado, and a built motor upgraded supercharger, methanol tuned SL55

aaaaaaaand, this Aventador SV Roadster just left with a new exhaust

if anyone wants pictures of anything specific, just say the word!

------------------------------------

├┼┼╕
246R

Posts: 3901 | Location: SE PA | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
That Audi is sexy

Posts: 5536 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Republican in training
Picture of DonDraper
posted Hide Post
Would love to take that Audi for a spin!

--------------------
I like Sigs and HK's, and maybe Glocks

Posts: 2281 | Location: SC | Registered: March 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
How about a picture of the dump truck full of cash these guys pay you with? Razz

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15489 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, we do enjoy your build postings. Nice work. Thanks...We can dream, can we not?

You've got to know what to do when you don't know what to do.

Posts: 364 | Location: SML-VA | Registered: November 29, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Sweet.

If I had kids, my soccer-hauler/grocery-getter would be an RS6 Avant.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting!

Before and after dyno charts would be cool to look at!

Thanks - Rob

Posts: 3578 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cat Whisperer
Picture of cmr076
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:
How about a picture of the dump truck full of cash these guys pay you with? Razz

Big Grin I am actually considereing going to cash only after losing two credit card chargebacks in the amount of $30,000. TOTALLY fraudulent, customer gets the work done, is thrilled with it, then calls amex and says we didn't deliver on what we agreed to. I have documentation, screen shots of texts, surveillance video of him picking the car up, emails, and still lost.

├┼┼╕
246R

Posts: 3901 | Location: SE PA | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What's the power output on the twin turbo lambo ?

Say I had a relatively stock GT mustang or even a 10-15 year old corvette. What's the cheapest way to get some legit power ? Bolt on a supercharger ? Nitrous ? Combo it with exhaust ? At what point do you tell a guy he needs to tear it down and put in a legit bottom end and a new driveshaft and rear end cause the stock rear end cant handle it ?

Posts: 4956 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cat Whisperer
Picture of cmr076
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cookster:
Thanks for posting!

Before and after dyno charts would be cool to look at!

Thanks - Rob

I'll make sure the owner is OK with me posting it and get it up.

├┼┼╕
246R

Cat Whisperer
Picture of cmr076
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ElToro:
What's the power output on the twin turbo lambo ?

Say I had a relatively stock GT mustang or even a 10-15 year old corvette. What's the cheapest way to get some legit power ? Bolt on a supercharger ? Nitrous ? Combo it with exhaust ? At what point do you tell a guy he needs to tear it down and put in a legit bottom end and a new driveshaft and rear end cause the stock rear end cant handle it ?

we just did an A&A supercharger setup with LT headers on a C5 and it picked up a LOT of power, it wasn't cheap though. The way we do nitrous setups is as safe as you can get. We only install them if the owner is OK doing a standalone fuel system with fuel cell so we can run 110 octane exclusively when they spray it, it also has its own fuel pump, etc.

Whenever doing things like nitrous, superchargers, or big turbos, I explain the potential failures so there's no surprises. I've only had one motor blow, and that was because the owner put his own shitty dry bitrous setup on the car after getting it back.

ETA: the lambo should make 4 digit power on our really conservative dyno (we have a "Heartbreaker" sticker on it) Big Grin

├┼┼╕
246R

Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
Beautiful Audi. Quite the sleeper. I love the wheels.

You mean a '78 Camaro, right? The one directly in the middle of the picture?

Posts: 7392 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very nice. Thanks for posting.

Posts: 795 | Location: York Pa. | Registered: January 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cat Whisperer
Picture of cmr076
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 83v45magna:
Beautiful Audi. Quite the sleeper.

You mean a '78 Camaro, right? The one directly in the middle of the picture?

he told me it was an 88, I don't know a ton about them though. it's the black one with no hood and a parachute.

eta: it's definitely a 78, weird.

├┼┼╕
246R

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cmr076:

and a few other projects we're working on.. a twin turbo 88 camaro, twin turbo GTO, ZR1 nitrous car, twin turbo Huracan, big supercharger on the silverado, and a built motor upgraded supercharger, methanol tuned SL55

Inquiring minds want to know........what magic is being done to the mini van on the lift?

Posts: 1474 | Location: Washington | Registered: August 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Inquiring minds want to know........what magic is being done to the mini van on the lift?

The most important part of any mini van purchase is getting rid of those ugly ass wheels. Wink

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15846 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cmr076:
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:

Big Grin I am actually considereing going to cash only after losing two credit card chargebacks in the amount of $30,000. TOTALLY fraudulent, customer gets the work done, is thrilled with it, then calls amex and says we didn't deliver on what we agreed to. I have documentation, screen shots of texts, surveillance video of him picking the car up, emails, and still lost.

I think I'd hunt that sucker down, tow the vehicle back, remove the work, put the original parts in a box and return it to the street outside.

Posts: 24231 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cat Whisperer
Picture of cmr076
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by a1abdj:
quote:

The most important part of any mini van purchase is getting rid of those ugly ass wheels. Wink

hahaha. It's actually a Passat wagon, the owner of the ZR1 owns the VW as well (he also owns a LaFerrari, three 599s [GTO, 'regular', and an Aperta, a few 458's, etc... very weird, but awesome collection.) to answer your question though, we're putting a motor in it. It has a bigger turbo, euro bumpers, huge stereo, etc. It was a sema car from years ago.

├┼┼╕
246R

posted Hide Post
So......what can you do for my stock 02 Civic Si? Wink It's got nothing in 1st gear, but I like the range of 3rd gear.

P229

Posts: 3946 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
As a kid growing up in the Golden Age of horsepower, the 60's and 70's. I thought horsepower and quick cars all died in the mid 1970's. We surely went through a bad near 20 yrs there.

Where we are today is simply amazing. TRACTABLE road cars, doing insane top ends, with 10 and 11 second , 1/4 mile times EASILY attained. With may producing 1.0 G or more of handling , with tremendous braking.

The days of "one trick" cars are gone. Now they do it all.

A relatively cheap VW GTI, Sub WRX, Any of the performance Mustangs, Camaro's now are beating the best of the 60's and 70's EASILY, with FAR better braking and handling for relatively low entry prices. Thats even without any mods at all.

Then add the mod's available today....Unheard of performance! Wonder where it will end?

This is a great time to be a gear head!

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post