SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Steele dossier // p169 Durham Report: FBI Should Never Have Begun ‘Russia Collusion’ Investigation
Page 1 ... 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 ... 170
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Steele dossier // p169 Durham Report: FBI Should Never Have Begun ‘Russia Collusion’ Investigation Login/Join 
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
And it begins. FBI lawyer who modified the CIA email to make it look like Carter Page was not a CIA asset will plead guilty. I can't wait to hear what beans he spilled!

link

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6852 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
“A former FBI lawyer will plead guilty to making a false statement in the first criminal case arising from U.S. Attorney John Durham's investigation into the probe of ties between Russia and the 2016 Trump campaign.

The case against Kevin Clinesmith is likely to be cheered by President Donald Trump and his supporters as they look to the Durham investigation to lift Trump's wobbly reelection prospects and to expose what they see as wrongdoing as the FBI opened an investigation into whether the Trump campaign was coordinating with the Kremlin to sway the outcome of the 2016 election.

Clinesmith is being charged in federal court in Washington and is expected to plead guilty to one count of making a false statement, his attorney Justin Shur told The Associated Press.”

www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbclo...probe/2412992/%3famp

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8955 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
His sentance will be rather light however he will likely be disbarred in his home state and won't be able to practice law again.

At some point he can ask to have his license restored however getting malpractice coverage for him will be nearly impossible or if available, very expensive given the nature of his crime.

Posts: 4079 | Location: "You can't just go to Walmart with a gift card and get a new brother." Janice Serrano | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Basically he was charged with one count of "False statements, in violation of Title 18, United states Code, Section 1001(a)(3).)"

Link to charging doc:
https://www.courtlistener.com/...states-v-clinesmith/

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Trump's wobbly reelection prospects

That's a news story, and not an op-ed. Hahahaha. Dicks.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9159 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
Remember, it's not what he's been charged with, it's what he's pled to.

I'm sure the traitor Clinesmith was looking at a lot more than just this when they sat him down and said you can cooperate and plea, or fight. Which will it be?

Reminder: link

Emails Show FBI Lawyer Who Doctored Trump-Russia Docs Bragged He ‘Destroyed The Republic’
Martywalsh

Newly released emails show that the FBI lawyer who doctored Trump-Russia related documents bragged to his colleagues that he had just "destroyed the Republic."

Kevin Clinesmith, who has been referred to the DOJ for prosecution over FISA application documents that he altered, wrote to another FBI employee: “As I have initiated the destruction of the republic…. Would you be so kind as to have a coffee with me this afternoon?”

This was seven days after the initial FISA application was sent to the FISA court.

The FISA application gave Obama's FBI the authority to spy on President Donald Trump's 2016 campaign.

Other emails sent on the FBI network from Clinesmith show that he praised Hillary Clinton and bashed Trump.

But wait, it gets better.

Clinesmith was also having an affair with Sally Moyer, another anti-Trump lawyer at the FBI who sent out a tweet in 2017 that said, “Viva le resistance.”

So here's the question: Did he alter the documents as a way of getting a questionable application approved?

On page 445 of the DOJ’s IG report on Clinton’s emails, there is a discussion of what Attorney 2 (Clinesmith) from the FBI texted on October 28, 2016:

Among the general discussion of political issues by FBI Attorney 2, we identified three instant message exchanges that raised concerns of potential bias.

The first of these exchanges was on October 28, 2016, shortly after Comey’s October 28 letter to Congress that effectively announced the reopening of the Midyear investigation.

FBI Attorney 2 sent similar messages to four different FBI employees. The timestamps of these messages are included below.

The messages stated:

13:44:42, to FBI Employee 1: “I mean, I never really liked the Republic anyway.”

13:44:52, to FBI Employee 2: “I mean, I never really liked the Republic anyway.”

14:01:52, to FBI Employee 3: “As I have initiated the destruction of the republic…. Would you be so kind as to have a coffee with me this afternoon?”

15:28:50, to FBI Employee 4: “I’m clinging to small pockets of happiness in the dark time of the Republic’s destruction”

Keep in mind that Clinesmith was one of many anti-Trump FBI officials who had a senior role in the Russia investigation.

Seems like almost everyone who was leading the phony Russia investigation hated Trump and loved Clinton.

And Democrats still want us to believe it was a "fair" investigation.

Posts: 6852 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
Yes like who told him to do it...

I think the wagons have been circled around the true culprits and its been decided that Comey is to be sacrificed...

quote:
Originally posted by Shaql:
And it begins. FBI lawyer who modified the CIA email to make it look like Carter Page was not a CIA asset will plead guilty. I can't wait to hear what beans he spilled!

link

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ubique
Picture of TSE
posted Hide Post
There seem to be some very questionable hiring practices in the Federal Government. Various employees celebrating the destruction of the Republic!

Calgary Shooting Centre

Posts: 1494 | Location: Alberta | Registered: July 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flashlightboy:
His sentance will be rather light <snip>

Clinesmith’s sentence is likely to be light as a result of agreeing to provide evidence against bigger fish. Clinesmith is at the bottom of the food chain.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8955 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
Please, please. Hold up. Wait a second here.

...The traitor Clinesmith...

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post

Kevin Clinesmith

Posts: 19576 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Now There's No Denying It: Obama's FBI Spied On Trump... Period

https://townhall.com/columnist...rump-period-n2574380

Posts: 5320 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
quote:
Originally posted by Flashlightboy:
His sentance will be rather light <snip>

Clinesmith’s sentence is likely to be light as a result of agreeing to provide evidence against bigger fish. Clinesmith is at the bottom of the food chain.

It appears that Clinesmith, to save himself, implicated others on Crossfire Hurricane.

So who, ultimately, hid the exculpatory information from the FISA court?

Time to name names. Preferably in indictments...

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I hope this might be the start of something that leads to indictments and convictions of the higher up conspirators. This little weasel is likely singing to avoid a jail sentence.

Posts: 887 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: December 14, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
it might...however...

he pled guilty

so does this mean he won't have to go to court and be on a stand where he can be examined to get more information?

if thats the case, he was likely a very low-level traitor who now has no obligation to spill any beans on anyone else

I'm glad we finally got a win on this one - it has been a long time coming and I hope he gets serious jail time and not just a slap on the wrist

Posts: 53184 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
Think they played this during Clinesmith’s plea bargaining?

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
quote:
he was likely a very low-level traitor who now has no obligation to spill any beans on anyone else

He may not have the name recognition like Comey, MCabe, Page, etc., but he was very involved.

From Chuck Ross of the Daily Caller:
-He worked with Strzok to send an FBI agent into the Trump-Flynn briefing.
-He was on the Mueller team
-He took part in Papadopoulos interviews
-He was part of FISA process.

Indeed after Trump won he tweeted to another FBI lawyer "My god dammed name is all over the legal documents investigating his staff."

That sounds like he did a little more than just change an email.

Catherine Herridge is reporting that it was his lawyer who approached Durham about a plea. I take that as him knowing he was screwed and wanted to offer something up to lessen the sting. Durham took the plea, so he knew something.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
Finally some movement. I hope they burn every last one of those cocksuckers to the GROUND.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9159 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Nothing short of getting the bigger fish, like Comey, will be satisfactory. That smug asshole needs to be in federal prison. And, swamp creature Wray needs to be fired.

Q

Posts: 26390 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
"He got a real pretty mouth, ain't he?"

Posts: 107599 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post