SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I hate the word "bombshell".
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I hate the word "bombshell". Login/Join 
Banned
posted
The damn media and the politicians use that word for the slightest bit of news. So and so testified today and disclosed some BOMBSHELL information, he heard from somebody that somebody else heard from somebody. Then in a BOMBSHELL move they broke for lunch. Heres the lastest BOMBSHELL information ,lunch went well and were back to hear more BOMBSHELL news.

Posts: 1396 | Registered: August 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
Media on Both sides are certainly abusing that word.

Posts: 3150 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Yep, fake "bombshell" news.

Posts: 13681 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
When you think about it the words "bombshell" and "explosive" should not be part of the liberal vocabulary should it? Suggest violence and things that go BOOM.

Posts: 1396 | Registered: August 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
The only time the term is accurate is when one from WWII turns up in a field or excavation project in a city or when one randomly detonates. The rest is just puffery from a 100% corrupt propagandist media that is trying desperately to get your attention so they can misinform you some more. Corporate media can collectively go eff itself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21111 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Paddle your
own canoe
Picture of BigWhup
posted Hide Post
Add "jawdropping" to that same list!

When I see that, I immediately move on.

Posts: 1553 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: August 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
St. Vitus
Dance Instructor
Picture of blueye
posted Hide Post
I hate when they say "use the correct pronoun". Hell, 20 yrs ago it was much simpler times, he, she, it.

Posts: 5303 | Location: basement | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
Wait- This post isnt about really attractive women, then?

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
An OG bombshell.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PorterN:
Wait- This post isn't about really attractive women, then?

Exactly. The term "bombshell" to describe a beautiful woman goes back to WW2 days, when women's voices was first heard on the radio by American servicemen. There were not a lot of women on the radio before WW2.

As the story goes, an American pilot in the European theater heard a woman's voice on the radio, and said, "her voice hit me like an 88." Meaning 88mm bombshell used by Germany. So, sexy women on the radio would sign off by saying "88's" in place of "love and kisses". And so sexy women became known as "bombshells"

This story came from a now deceased author named Wayne Green. Wikipedia somewhat confirms this story by stating the "Bombshell" term to describe women started to be used around 1942.

Wow, I like WW2 history, I like women, and I like radios, and it all came together here.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10928 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
How about "Breaking News", used for up to a week after a story they think is important.

Posts: 9520 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
I haven’t watched foxnews in a long time, but they used to say “FOX NEWS ALERT” almost every time they came back from commercial. Ridiculous.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3969 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
Well, sometimes its a good word...

https://www.facebook.com/bombs...29/1248313758630678/

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
...I always thought it was well illustrated when used with specific color modifier as in "blond bombshell"...

never seemed quite the same as "red head bombshell" or "brunette bombshell"...etc.

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9855 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
That's the thing. I remember the good ol' days of the blond bombshell, and even that got to be boring, trite and overused after a while.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Every shooting has turned into an "Active Shooter".

No, sometimes, it's just a shooting. Or a murder. A maybe even a mass murder.

10% is the message, 90% is the manner in which the message is conveyed. The media hang out in that 90% crowd.

Posts: 490 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: September 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PowerSurge:
I haven’t watched foxnews in a long time, but they used to say “FOX NEWS ALERT” almost every time they came back from commercial. Ridiculous.

Sadly, they still do. But I'll take Fox over the MSM any day.

Posts: 15908 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
In this instance with the Democrat led impeachment hearings, I must say that "bombshell" has been a pretty apt description of the revelations from the witnesses...

Because every time a new "bombshell" drops, it lands right on the democrats and blows them up!

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30410 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
Well. This could be part of the reason:

https://twitter.com/EWErickson...491328206213121?s=20

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9160 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post