SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    WF dad arrested after allegedly pulling knife on daughter’s bullies
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

WF dad arrested after allegedly pulling knife on daughter’s bullies Login/Join 
posted
OK without reading the article what does WF mean. Who writes these headlines??

A Wichita Falls father has been put behind bars after he allegedly pulled a knife on his daughter’s bullies.

Thomas Brown was arrested on charges of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon on Jan. 27.

Brown’s daughter had reportedly told him that girls at her high school were bullying her; an arrest affidavit says that Brown had been in contact with the school principal about the issue. Brown told officers that he got a call from his daughter saying the alleged bullies were chasing her, and went to meet her at an intersection near the high school.

He allegedly decided to confront the girls, and told them that he would slit their throats if they touched his daughter. When one replied he could not slit her throat, Brown allegedly pulled a pocket knife out of his pocket and held it about six inches from her neck, according to the arrest affidavit.

Wichita Falls police responded to multiple calls about the interaction and found Brown walking down a nearby street. Officers said that when asked about what was going on, Brown said he was probably going to jail. Police say he freely spoke about the incident even after being read his rights, handing over the pocket knife and even physically reenacting the event with officers when they asked him to demonstrate what had happened.

Brown remains in custody in the Wichita County Jail. His bond had not been set at the time this story was published.

LINK: https://www.wlox.com/2022/01/2...e-daughters-bullies/

Posts: 17531 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Internet Guru
posted Hide Post
Wichita Falls

Posts: 2050 | Registered: April 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
Dad did an understandable but most unwise action. I hope for all the legal grief he is about to inherit, that bully bitch shit her britches.

Posts: 3218 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by divil:
Dad did an understandable but most unwise action. I hope for all the legal grief he is about to inherit, that bully bitch shit her britches.

If the bully bitch was a member of that major minority group that commits more than their share of crime, then I strongly doubt she shit her britches.

Those folks don't bluff at all. Think of this scene and you'll see what I'm talking about. You pull out a gun, you better shoot. If you pull out a knife, you better slit their throat.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
I understand the father`s emotions but it pays to be more strategic. He should have leveraged against the principal and brought legal action if the response was ineffective. I did this at Jr Df #4s school. Met with principal twice and then the superintendent with my plan of action. Bully got handled with prejudice. It was beautiful.

What I wanted to do was stalk the little punk and hurt/scare him until he watered his loin cloth. Sort of like Leon the Professional. Except I'm not Leon and that was just a movie. I'm better at strategy and planning.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29909 | Location: Norris Lake, TN | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
SSS

Posts: 16208 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of p08
posted Hide Post
He should have done what my old mechanic did when his son was being bullied. He was an ex Marine drill instructor from the Vietnam era. He hired 3 other kids to beat the shit out of the bully and tell him to leave his kid alone. Problem solved and he didn't go to jail.

-------------------------------------
Always the pall bearer, never the corpse.

Posts: 700 | Location: Illinois | Registered: December 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
I have absolutely zero issues with what this father did. None whatsoever.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30954 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
" Victim or not .... make a decision." --- Christian Wolff's father

Posts: 16208 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
OK without reading the article what does WF mean. Who writes these headlines??
You clicked on a local news station not a national news station. Why would you expect to understand local lingo?

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23692 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
I have noticed that for the last few years... it seems these reporters have totally missed the class on journalistic writing.... and will use an abbreviation without first defining it... drives me crazy.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
You clicked on a local news station not a national news station. Why would you expect to understand local lingo?

^^^^^^^^^
I expect headlines to be sensible and easily understood by all. This is lazy writing. I am hesitant to call it Journalism. Soon there will be local headlines with arcane abbreviations and ebonics.

Posts: 17531 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
quote:

^^^^^^^^^
I expect headlines to be sensible and easily understood by all. This is lazy writing. I am hesitant to call it Journalism. Soon there will be local headlines with arcane abbreviations and ebonics.

Oh please Roll Eyes

LOCAL news uses locally-familiar lingo and acronyms all the time. I live near what is referred to as KOP quite regularly: King of Prussia, PA

I guess you’d be butthurt about that too?

Posts: 34642 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have noticed that for the last few years... it seems these reporters have totally missed the class on journalistic writing.... and will use an abbreviation without first defining it... drives me crazy

^^^^^^^^^^
Well I agree with this man. No, I am not butthurt just College educated. When I first read the headline I thought the T was missing. Lou Grant would never let this pass. LOL

posted Hide Post
I understand all their local lingo.

My wife is from WF (Wichita Falls) and much of her family live there. I went to MSU (Midwestern State University), we met and were married there 35 years ago.

She was back up there the first part of this week.

Posts: 1139 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^
Is it still like the movie, Last Picture Show? Thanks for the explanation of the abbreviations. MSU to me means Michigan State Unversity or Mississippi State.

Down With The Sickness
Picture of Sclass
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flash-LB:
quote:
Originally posted by divil:

If the bully bitch was a member of that major minority group that commits more than their share of crime, then I strongly doubt she shit her britches.

Those folks don't bluff at all. Think of this scene and you'll see what I'm talking about. You pull out a gun, you better shoot. If you pull out a knife, you better slit their throat.

If that was the case this would be a hate crime story on the national stage. Stories that don't fit the narrative tend to stay local.

Posts: 662 | Location: Peoria, AZ | Registered: December 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
I have absolutely zero issues with what this father did. None whatsoever.

A grown man pulling a knife on a kid, really……you have no problem with that?

In these situations parents deal with parents and kids deal with kids. Unless it was an extreme age or physical difference the father should have told his daughter to pick out the ring leader and go to work, he would insure the others didn't intervene.

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
You clicked on a local news station not a national news station. Why would you expect to understand local lingo

^^^^^^^^^^
It's just lazy journalism if you could call it that. I guess folks in Indiana immediately understand PU as being the home of the Boilermakers.

posted Hide Post
Fine. If no one else is going to do it I will:

https://youtu.be/JHOGs5x90PU

I'm torn on this one. One on hand there's no question the father made a mistake threatening a minor and presented a knife. On the other hand these "girls" need to learn fear and that actions do have consequences. Clearly they're not getting that from their own parents or the school/police. The simple fact that a "minor" would talk back to an adult threatening her life in a situation like is unfathomable. If a threat against her life gets that kind of response, what is the school supposed to do to make her change her behavior?

ETA: After thinking about it if I were the father I would have dared the bully to hit my daughter in front of me. The second it happened I'd put her in a wheelchair.

Posts: 843 | Location: Southern NH | Registered: October 11, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post