SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Another Great Obituary
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Another Great Obituary Login/Join 
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted
I hope that when my time comes that I am reflected upon as fondly as this gentleman.

https://www.legacy.com/obituar...jacobs&pid=196161481

quote:
Randall Jacobs

Phoenix - Randall Jacobs of Phoenix died at age 65, having lived a life that would have sent a lesser man to his grave decades earlier. His friends called him RJ, but to his family he was Uncle Bunky, a.k.a. The Bunkster. He told his last joke, which cannot be printed here, on May 4th, 2020.

Uncle Bunky burned the candle, and whatever else was handy, at both ends. He spoke in a gravelly patois of wisecracks, mangled metaphors, and inspired profanity that reflected the Arizona dive bars, Colorado ski slopes, and various dodgy establishments where he spent his days and nights. He was a living, breathing "hang loose" sign, a swaggering hybrid of Zoni desert rat, SoCal hobo, and Telluride ski bum.

A prolific purveyor of Bunky-isms such as "Save it, clown!" (or "Zeebo" if he was in a mood), he would mercilessly tease his "goombatz" nephews with nicknames such as "mud flap" and "style master." Just days after his beloved cat Kitters passed away, he too succumbed to "The Great Grawdoo", leaving behind a vapor trail of memories and a piece of sage advice lingering in his loved ones' ears: "Do what Bunky say. Not what Bunky do."

For all his chaotic energy and hysterical charm, he had a gentle soul. A night out with Bunky could result in a court summons or a world-class hangover, but his friends and family would drop whatever they were doing to make a trip out to see him. His impish smile and irreverent sense of humor were enough to quell whatever sensibilities he offended. He didn't mean any harm; that was just Bunky being Bunky.

When the end drew near, he left us with a final Bunkyism: "I'm ready for the dirt nap, but you can't leave the party if you can't find the door."

He found the door, but the party will never be the same without him.

In lieu of flowers, please pay someone's open bar tab, smoke a bowl, and fearlessly carve out some fresh lines through the trees on the gnarliest side of the mountain.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15719 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Flying Sergeant
posted Hide Post
That’s awesome

Posts: 1673 | Location: Waukesha,WI | Registered: December 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned for being
genuinely stupid
posted Hide Post
Wow the man looks older than his age.RIP.

Posts: 340 | Location: Derby City KY. | Registered: April 13, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
To all the "Bunkys" I have been fortunate to know.

RIP

The road goes on forever...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43885 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
To all the "Bunkys" I have been fortunate to know.

RIP

The road goes on forever...

...And the party never ends.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
This is more my speed. Hope to die just like this gent. Living the dream in a small town at in the Sierra Nevada foothills.

From the Mariposa Gazette & Miner, April 16, 2020

Gail Kimbro

Gail D. Kimbro, 89, passed away March 8, 2020 at home as was his preference. He had been having health issues this past year.

Gail was born Feb. 11, 1931 in Judsonia, Ark., to Nettie Burton Kimbro and Henry Thomas Kimbro. He was the fourth child of six children.

The family moved to California in 1935, first living in Planada and later in Merced.

After high school, Gail enlisted in the Navy. He was a boatswain mate aboard the US Essex primarily during the Korean War. He was honorably discharged with commendations for good conduct, navy unit citation, National Defense, China Service, United Nations and Korean Service, four stars .

After his discharge he returned to Merced, married, had a daughter and was employed by the Merced City Fire Department. He served 32 years from Aug. 6, 1954 to Feb. 12, 1986. He achieved the role of captain and again commendations.

In 1956 Gail purchased several acres east of Greeley Hill in Mariposa County. Gradually, he and his wife Shirley built a house and developed the property. This was to become their retirement home.

Gail was preceded in death by his wife of 59 years and his daughter, who died at age 64.

He is survived by one sister, JoElla Jones of Carson City, Nev., and three generations of nephews and nieces.

Gail was a loving, caring, helpful person with a great sense of humor. He will be sorely missed by family, friends and neighbors.

A memorial service is pending, tentatively in June, to accommodate long-distance relatives and friends.

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post