SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Knife coming up for SIGforum auction: M. Miller Handforged Damascus Drop Point Hunter
Page 1 2 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Knife coming up for SIGforum auction: M. Miller Handforged Damascus Drop Point Hunter Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted
Last year, I received a very kind gift from forum member SW_Sig, who suggested it would make a fine item for auction. We thank SW_Sig most kindly for his generosity. This is quite a gift.

Here are some photos of the knife for preview, to gauge interest and let you guys get a good look at this work of art. The condition is flawless/unused.

This is an M. Miller Drop Point Hunter. Hand forged damascus.

The knife includes this great-looking sheath and a certificate of authenticity from the maker. The following information is included on the certificate:

Serial number : H158 (which is engraved on the knife's ricasso)

Steel: L6 and O1

Forge date: April 13, 2005

Overall length 7 and 7/8 inches

Blade length: 3 and 1/2 inches

File work: Vine pattern on spine

Handle: Stabilized juniper burl

Spacer material: Reconstituted malachite

Bolsters: Solid brass

Pins: Mosaic

I'll put the knife up for auction here in the forum the middle of next week, leaving the auction open for a couple of days. Knife will go to the highest bidder. Starting bid will be 500 dollars, bids submitted in 10 dollar increments. Thanks for looking.

Posts: 107234 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
That is a gorgeous knife. Sheath is a work of art also.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19103 | Registered: September 21, 2005Report This Post
Joie de vivre
Picture of sig229-SAS
posted Hide Post
Beautiful knife, the scales are outstanding !!

Posts: 3848 | Location: 1,960' up in Murphy, NC | Registered: January 29, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Really nice. What do the two symbols on the handle signify?

Trophy Husband
Picture of C L Wilkins
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graniteguy:
Really nice. What do the two symbols on the handle signify?

Nothing in particular, they are mosaic pins.

Posts: 3200 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 29, 2003Report This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
Man that is beautiful!

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7054 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Report This Post
posted Hide Post
CL Wilkins is correct, they are mosaic pins and are listed on the CoA.

Mike Miller hand forge welded the ladder pattern Damascus, hand tools only, no power press, hammer, or milling machine.

The knife and sheath have been stored in one of my safes (knife not inserted in sheath) since purchasing in 2005.

If you have been around SIGforum awhile, I have posted pictures of this knife and others a few times over the years. JAR (Jim A Richardson), an old member, here tried to trade me out of it.

Posts: 1049 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 20, 2018Report This Post
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
Beautiful....would look awesome in some pictures of it being used to skin a bear, or a moose, or some other wayward Chinese tourist...

I'll definitely participate in this auction.

Awesome!

Excellent craftmanship C L Wilkins!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The trouble with our Liberal friends...is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan, 1964
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon will just take a shit on the board, strut around knocking over all the pieces and act like it won.. and in some cases it will insult you at the same time." DevlDogs55, 2014 Big Grin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

www.rikrlandvs.com

Posts: 13939 | Location: On the mouth of the great Kenai River | Registered: June 24, 2007Report This Post
Texas Proud
Picture of texassierra
posted Hide Post
Amazing work! The spine looks really cool.

NRA Life Patron

Posts: 1900 | Location: DFW | Registered: March 28, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Great looking knife and sheath. Looking forward to the auction.

USMC (Ret) 1970-1990
Recovering 1911 Addict
NRA Benefactor Member

Posts: 173 | Location: Manassas, VA | Registered: May 02, 2011Report This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
That is gorgeous.

Posts: 17046 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Report This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
Me too, I need to remember to check this thread middle of next week.

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7035 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Report This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
Wow! That is absolutely beautiful!!!

No idea what the value is, but my golly that is a work of art. I have a hard time imagining using it, though I would bet it would work wonderfully. I’d just be afraid of scratching it.

Posts: 6867 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Report This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
I have a Miller, but it's nowhere as fancy/detailed as the one. Smile

Posts: 21045 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Report This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SW_Sig:
CL Wilkins is correct, they are mosaic pins and are listed on the CoA.

Mike Miller hand forge welded the ladder pattern Damascus, hand tools only, no power press, hammer, or milling machine.

The knife and sheath have been stored in one of my safes (knife not inserted in sheath) since purchasing in 2005.

If you have been around SIGforum awhile, I have posted pictures of this knife and others a few times over the years. JAR (Jim A Richardson), an old member, here tried to trade me out of it.

Man, wow. That thing is gorgeous. If I could afford to bid for it, it would be on display and never used. It's a piece of artwork!

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20746 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Report This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
That is a gorgeous knife!

para, will the bids be public? As in viewed by all in the auction thread?

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38583 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Report This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
Beautiful, a true work of art! I will be following the auction with interest even though I don't think I can afford to win it.

Posts: 6392 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:
para, will the bids be public? As in viewed by all in the auction thread?
Yes

Posts: 107234 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
posted Hide Post
This is when I wish I was a rich man. That is one beautiful knife.

Posts: 7337 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Report This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
What a fine piece of craftsmanship! I like everything about it! I really miss getting behind the grinder. We got lots of talent here!!

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Report This Post