SIGforum
Knife coming up for SIGforum auction: M. Miller Handforged Damascus Drop Point Hunter

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/1890034984

February 12, 2022, 09:19 AM
dave7378
Knife coming up for SIGforum auction: M. Miller Handforged Damascus Drop Point Hunter
Oh man. I think I will have to get in on this one. What a beauty!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
February 12, 2022, 12:14 PM
sig sailor
I really am not a knife guy, or a rich guy, so I'll not be participating in the auction. However, that is one beautiful knife!
Rod

"Do not approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction." John Deacon, Author
February 12, 2022, 01:50 PM
maddy345
I think I recognize that green background.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

God bless the Motor Life Boat and the men & women that run them!
February 12, 2022, 02:05 PM
sigmonkey
Sotheby's ain't got nuttin' on SIGforum auctions.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!
February 13, 2022, 11:37 AM
justjoe
That might be the most beautiful knife & scabbard combination I have ever seen. The damask blade is gorgeous. What a piece of work-- as much an art object as a functioning tool/weapon. It will fetch a pretty penny, and, I hope, be handed down for many generations. It is beyond my budget, but if it is within yours-- go for it!

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."
February 14, 2022, 10:15 AM
BB61
Beautiful craftsmanship. As soon as I saw the knife, I thought of the Purdey Damascus guns. What a great combo if you could afford the second part that is.

https://www.purdey.com/guns-rifles/damascus-guns

February 15, 2022, 12:28 PM
parabellum
February 15, 2022, 10:06 PM
jimb888
Whew, what a beauty. Very generous gift as well.
February 17, 2022, 11:32 AM
parabellum
OK, the auction will begin tomorrow (Friday) evening and will run through Monday night, 10 PM Eastern time. It will be a separate thread and I will post the link to that thread, here.
February 17, 2022, 01:07 PM
Karpteach
Gorgeous knife!
February 17, 2022, 01:16 PM
P250UA5
A very nice looking knife.
I'm assuming, like other 'forum sponsored' auctions, it'll be well outside of my budget.
So, best of luck to those bidding, I'll watch from the cheap seats.

The Enemy's gate is down.
February 18, 2022, 02:33 PM
SW_Sig
quote:
I'm assuming, like other 'forum sponsored' auctions, it'll be well outside of my budget.

Well, if you have an eye for quality craftsmanship, research the maker, and know a bit about the industry, you can purchase at a price that will increase over time.

This knife was purchased in 2005 for considerably less than the starting bid here.

That being said, the value is considerably higher than Para's opening minimum bid.

It is not cheap but high quality never is and the proceeds go to a very good cause, whatever Para wants.

The knife was freely given and he could have kept it himself. I have received many times its value here in education, news, and entertainment over the past 21 years.

Oh, and BTT.
February 18, 2022, 03:02 PM
SIGnified
The blade looks beautifully made. L6 and O1 are both very good oil (quench) hardening tool steels with the L6 having a little bit of nickel in it to help on the contrast for the Pattern-weld/Damascus.

My own personal knife around the house is O1 tool steel.

IME, both being tool steels will make for an exceptionally durable and tough blade.

Good luck everyone!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SIGnified,

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein
February 18, 2022, 06:42 PM
parabellum
Open for Bids