SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Directions for Replacing Water Pump in 2011 Accord 4 cyl
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Directions for Replacing Water Pump in 2011 Accord 4 cyl Login/Join 
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted
Anyone know where to find these online?

Don’t need Bubba the Mumbler and his ewe-tube video. Would like actual directions i can print out and use with my dirty/greasy hands instead.

TIA

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14036 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I own several Hondas and make a point of tracking down actual Honda-branded repair manuals from ebay or online. Free or just a few bucks. Worth their weight in gold.

Not sure if that engine's water pump is part of the timing belt or runs off the accessory line.

Aisin is OEM and probably makes a decent kit. Check rockauto.

P229

Posts: 3825 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
2011 should be a K24, timing chain engine IIRC.
All my engine experience with Honda has been on the older TB motors where the water pump was part of the TB service (since you're already in there).

Should be the same or very similar for the Accord, CRV, Element, 4cyl Acura TSX, as they're all K24-powered.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15303 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Never done a FWD engine.

Trying to figure where radiator fluid is coming from (115K miles, wife has had it since 85K miles.

Radiator full (just checked) while cold, expansion tank (dry) just took 1.25 quarts. May have been a fluke of the day.

Although, the windshield fluid took 2 quarts. Was expecting a full gallon if empty cause of a leak.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Posts: 14036 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Check the weep hole in the water pump

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Well there sports fans, lucky me, not radiator fluid dripping. It’s windshield washer fluid.

Because both fluids are blue, driveway stain was a bit deceiving.

Bad news, how the eff do i get under there to fix tye hose or replace the tank…. grrrrrr

Banned for
showing his ass
posted Hide Post
Agree regarding the factory OEM manuals ... I own same for each of my vehicles. Definitely worth their weight in gold even if only use it a few times.

My go to for parts is Rockauto and on a few occasions Summit Racing.

Posts: 3190 | Location: PNW | Registered: November 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post