SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Recommendations for a cash back credit card
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Recommendations for a cash back credit card Login/Join 
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gpbst3:
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:
Amazon Prime Visa

I have a shared Prime account and would have more than one credit card attached so I would not get the full 5%.

This does not make a difference for a Prime VISA card.

I too have a shared Amazon account but also have an American Express card linked to the Amazon account.

If I purchase on Amazon with the Visa I get 5% back.
If I purchase with the AE I do not but get Delta miles.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25703 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be prepared for loud noise and recoil
Picture of sigalert
posted Hide Post
If you cancel the card, your FICO might get dinged. Might not matter to you, but if it does, I'd just put it away.

“Crisis is the rallying cry of the tyrant.” – James Madison

"Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others." - Robert Louis Stevenson

Posts: 3626 | Location: Middle Tennessee  | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
I'm somewhat annoyed that places like Home Depot, Lowes, Meijer, Walmart, and gas stations still don't accept AP.

The Home Depot I go to (Surprise AZ) takes Apple Pay.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10883 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3118 | Location: Germantown, TN | Registered: June 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
I’m the cash back king and I use a combination of these cards...

USAA cash back visa 2.5% back on everything
USAA AMEX 5% cash back on gasoline
AMEX 3% back on groceries
Chase 5% rotating categories
Discover 5% rotating categories
Lowe’s 5% back
Target 5% back

Posts: 6705 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
You might consider the Chase Ink Business Unlimited card.

-No annual fee.
-A nice welcome bonus: $500 bonus cash back after spending $3000 on purchases within three months of being approved.
-Each purchase earns 1.5% cashback.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30954 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Capital One Sparks Card - 2% cash back on everything. I think the yearly fee is $55.

MDS

Posts: 394 | Registered: November 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spiritually Imperfect
Picture of VictimNoMore
posted Hide Post
I recently added the American Express Blue Cash Every Day card, over the summer. No fee. $175 back after your first $1,500 purchase. 3% back on groceries, 2% back on gas, and 1% back on everything else.
You can also use "Plan It" to spread out payments on a particular purchase, with no fee. Quite handy for the big stuff.
AMEX's benefits (warranty extensions, etc.) are hands-down the best in the business.

Posts: 3865 | Location: WV | Registered: January 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by VictimNoMore:

You can also use "Plan It" to spread out payments on a particular purchase, with no fee. Quite handy for the big stuff.

Just one point, there is a fee when you use "Plan It." There just isn't any interest accrued when you use it. But you know the fee upfront.

quote:
AMEX's benefits (warranty extensions, etc.) are hands-down the best in the business.

That's a fact.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30954 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

Speaking of cash back, Discover Card runs quarterly 5% cash back programs. The last quarter (Oct-Dec) is usually the only one I sign up for because it covers places I shop the most. I signed up this quarter and get 5% cash back on all purchases (up to $1500) at Amazon, Walmart, and Target. And I changed my default purchase card at Amazon to Discover, for this quarter only.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10883 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spiritually Imperfect
Picture of VictimNoMore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
Originally posted by VictimNoMore:

Just one point, there is a fee when you use "Plan It." There just isn't any interest accrued when you use it. But you know the fee upfront.

Admittedly, I have only used it once since acquiring the card. Just to see if it was all it promised to be (the Plan It option).
No fee was assessed on this one. Maybe an introductory "perk", I don't know. I'll have to read the very small fine print.
Regardless...it's a nice option to have.

Posts: 3865 | Location: WV | Registered: January 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
quote:
quote:
Amazon Prime Visa

I have a shared Prime account and would have more than one credit card attached so I would not get the full 5%.

I too have a shared Amazon account but also have an American Express card linked to the Amazon account.

Oh. I read it differently. I took it as you can only have the Prime Visa on the account.

"Your Amazon Rewards Visa Signature Card account will go back to earning 3% Back if....

You link a different card account to your Prime membership."

Posts: 5466 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I already have the Discover and Chase cards with rotating 5% categories. I think the Prime Visa will be a good addition for the everyday spending.

Posts: 5466 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
quote:
quote:
Amazon Prime Visa

Oh. I read it differently. I took it as you can only have the Prime Visa on the account.

"Your Amazon Rewards Visa Signature Card account will go back to earning 3% Back if....

You link a different card account to your Prime membership."

Must be something for new cards. I have had this card pretty much since the inception. I just checked my statement and am getting 5% back for Amazon and Whole Food purchases.

I have 3 cards linked to the account.
My Amazon Prime Visa
An American Express with my name on the card but the account held by my grandparents estate
A Visa in my mother’s name

I am looking for another cash back card. My Amazon card got compromised today so of course I have to go and change all my automatic payments.
Getting a card for these bills that never gets used elsewhere or at a point of sale location hoping it won’t be compromised.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25703 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
I have a card that is expiring soon. Sadly USAA's 2.5% cash back Visa is no longer. Not sure what I'll select. Don't like fees or rotating schemes.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16533 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post