SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Recommendations for a cash back credit card
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Recommendations for a cash back credit card Login/Join 
posted
I currently have a 2% cash back Citibank Mastercard. The card has been great other than not backing me up on a merchant dispute over damaged products. I have my panties in a bunch and want to cancel the card but I have not been able to find a comparable replacement.

Im not really looking for a points/miles bases reward system. I do not want to pay a yearly fee either. I liked the 2% cash back and can build up the rewards and cash in for a large purchase of my choice.

Does anyone have any other recommendation for a card?

Posts: 5466 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Amazon Prime Visa

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 39287 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:
Amazon Prime Visa

I have a shared Prime account and would have more than one credit card attached so I would not get the full 5%.

Posts: 5466 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Capital One QuickSilver pays 1.5%

I have not looked into Apple's card yet, I believe that it pays 3%
Be sure to answer your phone when the telemarketer calls, you will be told how to lower your interest rate! Razz

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31452 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
As Extraordinary
as Everyone Else
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
Fidelity Brokerage Visa card pays 2% back with no annual fee

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6482 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
Apple card?

Posts: 11433 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:

SNIP:
Apple Card is a cash-back credit card that offers 2% cash-back on all purchases when you pay with Apple Pay, 1% cash-back when you pay using the physical card and 3% cash-back on purchases made directly from Apple, including purchases made at iTunes, the App Store, as well as subscriptions like Apple Music, Apple News+, and iCloud storage.

Collecting dust.

Posts: 4184 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cparktd:
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:

SNIP:
Apple Card is a cash-back credit card that offers 2% cash-back on all purchases when you pay with Apple Pay, 1% cash-back when you pay using the physical card and 3% cash-back on purchases made directly from Apple, including purchases made at iTunes, the App Store, as well as subscriptions like Apple Music, Apple News+, and iCloud storage.

This ^^^^^

I've been using my Apple Card exclusively since I got it the end of September. Mainly via Apple Pay, but the physical card, itself, when the terminal doesn't support AP.

There's no annual fee and no late fees. They did give me what I feel to be a relatively poor interest rate (18%), considering our credit score is nearly perfect.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
We use Capitol One in our business. Have not paid for a plane ticket in years

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4373 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Invest Early, Invest Often
Picture of TomV
posted Hide Post
For Customer Service I don't think you can beat American Express.

I have the Schwab branded AmEx card, the cash back goes straight into my Schwab account each month.

Posts: 1376 | Location: Escaped California...Now In Sunny, Southern Utah | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prep, Confirm, Roll
posted Hide Post
For me the Costco Visa/Membership card pays the best by far from anything else I have found

NRA Certified instructor,
and Range Safety officer

OpSpec Training http://opspectraining.com
Grayguns - http://grayguns.com

Posts: 3173 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
Discover IT card.

2% on everything and 5% on varied things that change each quarter.

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
I use my Discover IT for most things. 1% on most things, 5% on their promo stuff. And their interest rate isn’t too bad for a CC.
Amazon purchases go on my Amazon card for the 5% cash back. I don’t use that card out and about because the interest rate is nearly 22%. Yes, I know “just keep them paid off”. Stuff happens.

Posts: 6346 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Save an Elephant
Kill a Poacher
Picture of urbanwarrior238
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by amhaynie:
For me the Costco Visa/Membership card pays the best by far from anything else I have found

^^ This^^ We average 500 to 600+ back every year on our purchases. All that's required is a Costco membership and its a no fee card.

'I am the danger'...Hiesenberg
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor
NRA Life Member

Posts: 1439 | Location: Escaped from Kalifornia to Arizona February 2022! | Registered: March 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
quote:
I don't think you can beat American Express.

Some places will not accept AE.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5806 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
I've been using my Apple Card exclusively since I got it the end of September. Mainly via Apple Pay, but the physical card, itself, when the terminal doesn't support AP.

There's no annual fee and no late fees. They did give me what I feel to be a relatively poor interest rate (18%), considering our credit score is nearly perfect.

I do the same, and seek out stores that take Apple Pay (quite a few in this small town). 2% cash back on all Apple Pay transactions. However, I don't use the physical (titanium) card, as it only gives 1% cash back. I got it just to see what a titanium card looked like (and sounded like when dropped to the floor). Smile At terminals that don't accept Apple Pay, I use my Chase Visa Unlimited, which gives slightly more cash back (1.5%).

With the Apple Card using Apple Pay, you get 3% cash back for all Apple purchases (including things like iTunes, the Apple store, etc), but there is also a growing list of vendors who are giving the 3% back as well, including T-Mobile, Uber, and Walgreens as of now.

Apple Pay is probably the most secure way to pay, due to randomizing card numbers for each transaction.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10883 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
I use Costco and Amazon ones.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 21150 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TomV:
For Customer Service I don't think you can beat American Express.

You really can't. They've never failed to back me up.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30954 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by henryaz:
Apple Pay is probably the most secure way to pay, due to randomizing card numbers for each transaction.

Which is the reason I prefer using it. Well, that and I don't have to take my wallet out, remove card, insert, remove, put back in wallet, put wallet back in pocket Smile

I'm somewhat annoyed that places like Home Depot, Lowes, Meijer, Walmart, and gas stations still don't accept AP.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:
Originally posted by henryaz:

Which is the reason I prefer using it. Well, that and I don't have to take my wallet out, remove card, insert, remove, put back in wallet, put wallet back in pocket Smile

I'm somewhat annoyed that places like Home Depot, Lowes, Meijer, Walmart, and gas stations still don't accept AP.

Well, if you had Samsung Pay, you could use it at all those places. Or any place that has a magnetic strip reader that is.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30954 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post