SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When you are retired....
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When you are retired.... Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
We have a " Dementia clock " in the den . It displays day , date , month , year and time . Comes in handy I'll admit .

Posts: 4058 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, thats why I must have a watch that shows day and date.

My mother was in a nursing home for a few months before she died at age 93. When the nursing home did evaluations, she didn't always know the day of the week and they always called that one of the "signs" of dementia. She didnt have dementia, but at that age why would you know, or care, what day of the week it is?

Posts: 582 | Registered: September 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I do my errands and tasks on certain days. This helps keep me oriented.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16094 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
I have my routine.
Get up, make something to eat so I can take my medication,take pills, eat, pour coffee,sit at computer, check email,check cell phone,go on SigForum to get the news and check date, glance at calendar to confirm day of week, go outside to get packages left at door,Look down and make sure I put my pants on.

Posts: 4629 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
I retired once, now "un-retired", I forget all the time. So perhaps I should be blaming this malady on the fact that I once was retired?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The trouble with our Liberal friends...is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan, 1964
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon will just take a shit on the board, strut around knocking over all the pieces and act like it won.. and in some cases it will insult you at the same time." DevlDogs55, 2014 Big Grin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

www.rikrlandvs.com

Posts: 13957 | Location: On the mouth of the great Kenai River | Registered: June 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sometimes, it’s a random thing.

Bill Gullette

Posts: 1527 | Location: Behind the Pine Curtain  | Registered: March 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ranger312:
Yes, thats why I must have a watch that shows day and date.

My mother was in a nursing home for a few months before she died at age 93. When the nursing home did evaluations, she didn't always know the day of the week and they always called that one of the "signs" of dementia. She didnt have dementia, but at that age why would you know, or care, what day of the week it is?

So that being the case, I guess I've had dementia since I was a little kid.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
I’ve said to my wife, “I hope that if I get in a wreck, the paramedics don’t ask me the day and date; they’ll think I have a head injury for sure.”

Posts: 13264 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
I have an 19 yo in her first year of local college and a 14 yo that started freshman year of HS this year. I don’t yet have the luxury of not knowing the day of the week haha.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15580 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
Crap, I did that even before I was retired and working. That's why I have a watch that has the day and date on it.

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1866 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E Plebmnista; Norcom, Forcom, Perfectumum.
Picture of OneWheelDrive
posted Hide Post
Yes, but having regular events on Sundays, Mondays and Wednesdays keep me knowing.

================================================
Ultron: "You're unbearably naive."
Vision: "Well, I was born yesterday."

Posts: 4788 | Location: St. Louis, Mo | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
I'm not into time, man.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30679 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by armored:
I have my routine.

,Look down and make sure I put my pants on.

LOL, I've done that too!

Posts: 955 | Location: Mason, Ohio | Registered: September 16, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who Woulda
Ever Thought?
posted Hide Post
Saturday, Saturday, Saturday, Saturday, Saturday, Saturday, then Sunday. It is important to know when Sunday is because my favorite gun store is not open on Sunday.

Posts: 6587 | Registered: August 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Texas Bob C.:
Saturday, Saturday, Saturday, Saturday, Saturday, Saturday, then Sunday. It is important to know when Sunday is because my favorite gun store is not open on Sunday.
Neither is CFA.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sometimes. I go by the restaurant schedule. On Tuesdays a lot of places I like aren't open. I count how many days it has been or will be until Tuesday comes rolling around.

Posts: 800 | Location: Southern NH | Registered: October 11, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
Hell, I forget what day of the week it is if I'm off of work for half a week.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17278 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SPWAMike0317
posted Hide Post
I have been retired for 11 months. There was a day early on when the mail brought a medical bill. I had some questions and noted that the toll free number was available Monday through Friday, 8 AM to 5 PM EST. I thought OK, I'll wait until Monday since it's Saturday.

About 6 PM I realized it was actually Thursday. I now have a calendar (paper) on my desk next to my keyboard so I don't do that again.

Let me help you out. Which way did you come in?

Posts: 718 | Location: North of Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: January 29, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dinosaur
Picture of P210
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hildur:
Sometimes. I go by the restaurant schedule. On Tuesdays a lot of places I like aren't open. I count how many days it has been or will be until Tuesday comes rolling around.

Same here but I only realize it’s Tuesday when the restaurant door won’t open.

Posts: 6956 | Location: 96753 | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
A buddy wanted me to help him do something resembling work on a weekend. I told him I screw off quite a bit during the week, but really screw off on the weekends. I have to keep track so I know when it's the weekend.

Posts: 7458 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post