SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What have I said 10,000 times about the use of Classifieds in this forum?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What have I said 10,000 times about the use of Classifieds in this forum? Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted
Someone is going to be asking me real soon why they can no longer access Classifieds. I just want to demonstrate to this member that this information is common knowledge among those who actually wish to be a member of this forum.

What do I tell members about the use of Classifieds in this forum, gentlemen? There's more than one correct answer.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107244 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Don't post something posted in our classifieds somewhere else?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20749 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
No crossposting.

In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act

Posts: 3431 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Exclusive listings, yes. What else? The Classifieds section of this forum is provided as a courtesy for whom? For any registered member?

Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
The classified section is for members who post in and take part in the forums, not just posting in the classified section.

The classified section also isn't an auction site and prices are required except for rare circumstances (example Proto 1).

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4507 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Delmag Tech
posted Hide Post
No... for participating members. Its a courtesy, not free bandwith for those here only to buy and sell.

Posts: 742 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: April 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
The Classified section is intended for participating members, that's correct. Just being registered is not enough. You want to use the market place? Then, be a real member of this forum. We will not be used.

In the yahd, not too
fah from the cah
Picture of ryan81986
posted Hide Post
And no "last chance or it's going on gunbroker" temper-tantrums?

Posts: 6337 | Location: Just outside of Boston | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of craigcpa
posted Hide Post
And don't forget, one bump per day.

==========================================
Just my 2¢

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right ♫♫♫

Posts: 7731 | Location: Raleighwood | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
And one listing per person

Posts: 15665 | Location: Location, Location  | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
Um...read the stickies?

Posts: 6288 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
Sadly, said person will probably never see this in the lounge.

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Posts: 12930 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Thou shalt post items for sale only on SigForum classifieds and no where else, or thy WTS shall be nuked.

This is the first and great commandment, and the second is like unto it.

Thou shall be a contributor to the community and not a leach of bandwidth for sales in commerce only.

On these two commandments hang your privileges in the classifieds and the ban-hammer.

(With apologies to the Gospel of Matthew...)

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12743 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
I like to think of the classifieds as a swap meet among friends, not a gun show among strangers. With rare exception among some vendors with specific permission, the classifieds is not a place for you to hawk your wares professionally.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8197 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
"I just mostly lurk and read a lot. I don't hardly say anything as there are so many here that are more knowledgeable than me. But I sure do like to buy and sell stuff so that's how I contribute."

"Besides, me bringing my stuff here to sell is a service to the members that buy them."

It doesn't answer the question but those are the memorable postings that I've seen on the topic.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19577 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
That it is a priveledge, not a right....

It is not meant for random people to make a living, but for active members who are part of the community to trade....

Guess someone messed up.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Nothing irks me more than "member" with the very first post as a WTS ad. It tells me everything I need to know. You have no intention of participating as a member. You're only interested in selling your trinkets. Roll Eyes

Q

Posts: 26196 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
Also if you post a WTS ad keep up with it and check on it frequently.

Posts: 4980 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted Hide Post
Always post a price. No auctions allowed.

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4923 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
1. Deal fairly and honestly. Buyer and seller.
2. Problems get resolved by owners and designated moderators, not disrespectful post warfare. Their decision is final.
3. What everyone else said.

ETA: And you do not talk about Fight Club.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31368 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post