SIGforum
So I got irritated, and built some software for lawyers

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/1870092225

September 24, 2026, 06:04 AM
Aglifter
So I got irritated, and built some software for lawyers
And I could use some other lawyers to help me check it out. I know it looks rough, but the function is there, I think.

Toddler Papa brain is making it challenging to form coherent paragraphs.

If you're interested in helping out, I could use both active and inactive attorneys to play with it - but you must have had a law license at one time.
September 24, 2026, 07:20 AM
ArtieS
Email in profile. Licensed in Florida, inactive license in Massachusetts. Still actively practicing. Boston University law, 1991.

I am solely a corporate and commercial guy, so it your software is built for litigators, it will do me no good.



"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.
September 24, 2026, 05:28 PM
Timdogg6
florida lawyer here with real estate, will trusts probate and related litigation.

email in profile


__________________________
September 24, 2026, 10:54 PM
BB61
What exactly is it designed to do? I use TrialPad, and have used older versions of CaseMap and TimeMap and quite like them.


__________________________

September 25, 2026, 03:23 AM
ruger357
Alabama lawyer here. Curious what the software is for?


-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor
September 25, 2026, 07:24 AM
Aglifter
It’s for verifying identities of attorneys and that PDFs from them, actually came from them and have not been modified.

Sorry if that’s not clear enough. It’s works, as far as I can tell, but it’s cosmetically rough/maybe a dumb idea, and I haven’t ran it by the advertising people at the bar yet to see if it’s something I have to have approved.


BS-3595-C401. In Theory, this will be the "seal" verifying that I am an attorney, and when I was licensed/the authority was last contacted, and confirmed it to be active.
September 25, 2026, 07:27 AM
Aglifter
I will play with it here but it should work two ways.

A) You can put in say my profile here, and it will just say “attorney licensed in the state of TX from X date”.

If you put in my private cell or work number or something along with a document code it will say “Aglifter actual, and link to my bar profile”.

Or say a closing attorney can say “payment instructions” on a pdf.

The recipient can verify that the email belongs to sending attorney and that closing instructions did actually come from him and are unmodified, or gets a flag that they have been modified.


BS-3595-C401. In Theory, this will be the "seal" verifying that I am an attorney, and when I was licensed/the authority was last contacted, and confirmed it to be active.
September 25, 2026, 08:10 AM
BurtonRW
Sounds interesting.

20 years as a trial attorney in MD & more recently, VA. Address is in my profile.

-Rob




I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A
September 26, 2026, 07:33 AM
Aglifter
Its alive! (Or at least twitching! Commence the crippled middle aged fat man happy dance!)

BurtonRW, Timdogg6, ArtieS will be sent emails.

BB61, and Ruger357 - are you interested?


BS-3595-C401. In Theory, this will be the "seal" verifying that I am an attorney, and when I was licensed/the authority was last contacted, and confirmed it to be active.