SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    So I got irritated, and built some software for lawyers
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
So I got irritated, and built some software for lawyers Login/Join 
The Ice Cream Man
posted
And I could use some other lawyers to help me check it out. I know it looks rough, but the function is there, I think.

Toddler Papa brain is making it challenging to form coherent paragraphs.

If you're interested in helping out, I could use both active and inactive attorneys to play with it - but you must have had a law license at one time.
 
Posts: 6916 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Low Country, SC. | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Email in profile. Licensed in Florida, inactive license in Massachusetts. Still actively practicing. Boston University law, 1991.

I am solely a corporate and commercial guy, so it your software is built for litigators, it will do me no good.



"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.
 
Posts: 13696 | Location: Florida, Northwest of the Mouse | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Needs a check up
from the neck up
Picture of Timdogg6
posted Hide Post
florida lawyer here with real estate, will trusts probate and related litigation.

email in profile


__________________________
 
Posts: 5425 | Location: Boca Raton, FL | Registered: July 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
What exactly is it designed to do? I use TrialPad, and have used older versions of CaseMap and TimeMap and quite like them.


__________________________

 
Posts: 13036 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
Alabama lawyer here. Curious what the software is for?


-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor
 
Posts: 8476 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ice Cream Man
posted Hide Post
It’s for verifying identities of attorneys and that PDFs from them, actually came from them and have not been modified.

Sorry if that’s not clear enough. It’s works, as far as I can tell, but it’s cosmetically rough/maybe a dumb idea, and I haven’t ran it by the advertising people at the bar yet to see if it’s something I have to have approved.


BS-3595-C401. In Theory, this will be the "seal" verifying that I am an attorney, and when I was licensed/the authority was last contacted, and confirmed it to be active.
 
Posts: 6916 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Low Country, SC. | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ice Cream Man
posted Hide Post
I will play with it here but it should work two ways.

A) You can put in say my profile here, and it will just say “attorney licensed in the state of TX from X date”.

If you put in my private cell or work number or something along with a document code it will say “Aglifter actual, and link to my bar profile”.

Or say a closing attorney can say “payment instructions” on a pdf.

The recipient can verify that the email belongs to sending attorney and that closing instructions did actually come from him and are unmodified, or gets a flag that they have been modified.


BS-3595-C401. In Theory, this will be the "seal" verifying that I am an attorney, and when I was licensed/the authority was last contacted, and confirmed it to be active.
 
Posts: 6916 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Low Country, SC. | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
Sounds interesting.

20 years as a trial attorney in MD & more recently, VA. Address is in my profile.

-Rob




I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A
 
Posts: 16450 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ice Cream Man
posted Hide Post
Its alive! (Or at least twitching! Commence the crippled middle aged fat man happy dance!)

BurtonRW, Timdogg6, ArtieS will be sent emails.

BB61, and Ruger357 - are you interested?


BS-3595-C401. In Theory, this will be the "seal" verifying that I am an attorney, and when I was licensed/the authority was last contacted, and confirmed it to be active.
 
Posts: 6916 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Low Country, SC. | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata  
 

SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    So I got irritated, and built some software for lawyers

© SIGforum 2026