SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Gale Sayers RIP
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gale Sayers RIP Login/Join 
Picture of Ripley
posted
Gale Sayers has passed at 77. The most beautiful running back ever, I hope you got to see him play in real time.

Gale Sayers, legendary Bears running back, dead at 77

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8352 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Maybe the greatest pure runner ever.
Saw him on TV as kid.
RIP Frown

Posts: 22925 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Rest easy Mr.Sayers...

Posts: 13815 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Prayers up, peace to the family.
“Hey Sweetness, move over # 40 is going to run the pig.” GOD

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
RIP Mr Sayers. Loved watching him play in my younger days.

Posts: 7562 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
One of my heroes as a boy.

Posts: 3461 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
RIP, Mr. Sayers.

Great player and a good man.

Posts: 15033 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
He made it look easy, too.

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/MIpgdo9Ab38

Posts: 7266 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
R.I.P. Mr. Sayers. I read his book "I Am Third" back in school and did a book report on it. Brian's Song is a favorite movie of mine (the original one of course). From what I have read about Mr. Sayers over the years, he was a good man.

Condolences to his friends and family.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1899 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
"Bear Down" RIP Comet!

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3763 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sailor1911:
"Bear Down" RIP Comet!

Says the man from Wichita, the Kansas Comet AND Barry Sanders' home.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8352 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ripley:
quote:
Originally posted by Sailor1911:
"Bear Down" RIP Comet!

Says the man from Wichita, the Kansas Comet AND Barry Sanders' home.

Tangentially, my wife's uncle played for the Bears under GSH in the late 50's, early 60's. And, as a kid, I got to see Gayle Sayers single handedly annihilate the Vikings in one of the few games I got to go to as a youngster. He was awesome! Have had many old Bears at family weddings over the years. Bear roots run deep!

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3763 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post