SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    NBC Says People are Leaving The Big Cities for The Suburbs and They Know Why
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NBC Says People are Leaving The Big Cities for The Suburbs and They Know Why Login/Join 
posted
Unfortunately the NBC Nightly News was on during supper tonight. They do a five minute segment about the fact, that people are deserting the big cities for the suburbs and mention New York and San Francisco in particular. Absolutely no mention of rioters and looters, no mention of rising homicide rates, no mention of politicians defunding police, no mention of homeless people camping on the streets, leaving behind human excrement and dirty needles. You want to know the real reason?
Drumroll...It's all due to the pandemic. People are searching for more space after being cooped up in their small city apartments and row houses during the pandemic. I guess I had it all wrong.

Posts: 2560 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
Oh, I thought they were going to say racism.

Posts: 11170 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Are we sure it isn't the Patriarchy Roll Eyes

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4336 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good thing we have those wise and educated people to guide us through these hard to understand events.

Posts: 462 | Location: Illinois | Registered: June 13, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Covid can't hold a light to getting a beat down and possible rape by the woke mob.

Posts: 12699 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Don't cha know?

It was TRUMP that made 'em leave.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16709 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's high taxes and high cost of living too. Which is another symptom of "woke" cities with far-left governments - Seattle, NYC, SF, etc.

If you can work from home, why live in a place with sky high housing costs? It is true that this is allowing people to leave much more easily than finding a new job paying similar salary in a different place.

But just wait. Companies will cut pay based on cost of living. If you move from a high cost city to a low cost city, they will find a way to adjust pay. Many companies already do this, when people are transferred between SiVal and Texas, for example.

Posts: 4727 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
To a degree Amazon is abandoning Seattle in favor of Bellevue- It's just east of Seattle across Lake Washington. The violence and Seattles new Head Tax on top earners would be prime reasons.

quote:
Amazon bringing 10,000 more jobs, new buildings to Bellevue

https://komonews.com/news/loca...uildings-to-bellevue

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13404 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
They aren’t lying that they know why.

They are just lying when they report why.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15256 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
A leftist only speaks truth by accident.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Fenris,

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by braillediver:
To a degree Amazon is abandoning Seattle in favor of Bellevue- It's just east of Seattle across Lake Washington. The violence and Seattles new Head Tax on top earners would be prime reasons.

quote:
Amazon bringing 10,000 more jobs, new buildings to Bellevue

https://komonews.com/news/loca...uildings-to-bellevue

I think this is great. While I don’t like Amazon, I hate Seattle. The enemy of my enemy is my friend, right? lol.
The fact that Bellevue is wise enough to enjoy the added revenue without being greedy, is a good thing.
They’re learning from Redmond losing Microsoft’s billing department. Seattle was too stupid to learn from the past and were greedy vampires.
If Seattle keeps this up, they’ll be the new Detroit.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4029 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NK402:
Drumroll...It's all due to the pandemic.
NBC Nightly News - Just completely dishonest retards.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beancooker:

I think this is great. While I don’t like Amazon, I hate Seattle. The enemy of my enemy is my friend, right? lol.
The fact that Bellevue is wise enough to enjoy the added revenue without being greedy, is a good thing.
They’re learning from Redmond losing Microsoft’s billing department. Seattle was too stupid to learn from the past and were greedy vampires.
If Seattle keeps this up, they’ll be the new Detroit.

In case you haven't seen it yet

As is usual with propaganda news, you have to read between the lines to find the truth. Such was the case with Pravda. In our country we have the MSM. The news is people are fleeing big cities. The truth is that the consequences of Leftism are driving them out.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29711 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
NBC = Nothing But Crap

Posts: 1396 | Registered: August 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
It was a set up!

Posts: 9159 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Darthfuster, I used to live south of Seattle, in the suburbs of the Capital City Olympia. I am so fortunate we moved away.
I’ve seen the video, but I also lived through all that crap.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4029 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances with Wiener Dogs
Picture of XinTX
posted Hide Post
Surprised they didn't say the people are leaving to flee their white privilege

“The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.” Ayn Rand

“If we relinquish our rights because of fear, what is it exactly, then, we are fighting for?” Sen. Rand Paul

Posts: 8351 | Registered: July 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
^^^^
Oh, the irony Razz

Big Grin

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
It's actually the pandemic.

The taxes, high cost, homelessness, protests, etc. have been a mainstay of San Francisco and Los Angeles living, and yet people still needed/wanted to live there.

The pandemic has allowed nearly every major company a ground level look at how they would function with a staff that telecommutes. Many companies are realizing now that their employees are just as effective working remotely as they are in the office. Some companies have committed to allowing their employees to work remotely permanently.

Many of the people leaving the city centers are leaving only because they can now work remotely. I, for one, would move someplace where my money would go further if my job would commit to permanent teleworking, even though I already live in the suburbs. I'm certain that some people living in an urban center are just dying to leave if their work was portable.

Posts: 13049 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Casuistic Thinker and Daoist
Picture of 9mmepiphany
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
Covid can't hold a light to getting a beat down and possible rape by the woke mob.

Most people who are leaving the cities don't really believe that they are in danger of this happening.

The people who have the ability to pickup and move out of cities are folks who have the newly realized ability to work remotely

No, Daoism isn't a religion

Posts: 14184 | Location: northern california | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post