SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Upright freezer issue - people knowledgeable about appliances a moment of your time please
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Upright freezer issue - people knowledgeable about appliances a moment of your time please Login/Join 
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted
I have a Frigidaire Commercial upright freezer (I'm not sure what the exact model number is) that is about 10 years old. Yesterday when I got home from work I noticed it smelled like a burned motor but the freezer was still running.

I moved as much of the food as I could to my smaller freezer, but still have a bunch of items in it.

Today when I got home and checked it, it's still running but the food is thawed and staying at cool temps instead of freezing.

Does it sound like this is worth fixing or should I buy a new one? If it's worth fixing, is it something I could do myself? I'm somewhat mechanically inclined but no mechanic.

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
Do you have any local friends in the restaurant business? If so you might ask them who they use and call them to diagnose your problem and get a quote.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5685 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
My Frigidaire died on Monday after 23 years of service. I can't complain about that! I turned on the 2 units in my travel trailer and was able to transfer almost all the contents to the kitchen Fridge and the trailer. I had to throw away some things. I picked things nobody had eaten in a while and tossed them in the garbage. My wife has been looking at freezers online and said PC Richards seemed to have the best prices. I don't know if they are a national chain or just my tri-state area business.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4015 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post